Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

What if your team is bad in both

Then you find another sport to root for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abugadu posted:

Then start rooting for the All Blacks.

I used to have an All Blacks hat.

I miss that hat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

is Dave Rice still at UNLV

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

swickles posted:

I really feel bad for Lions' fans. Thats the difference between a 5 win season and a 6 win season. Sorry you guys are drafting 13th instead of 10th.

if you're not first, you're last

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers re-signed Donald Brown.

WHY.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ross Angeles posted:

WHY.

Shonn Greene was not available.

He was in the bathroom.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Alaois posted:

oh that's why you hate Mankato so much

vvv:just like everyone else who's attended EMU

I cheer for a MIAC school the most elite DIII conference of them all

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'd just like to say that if the NFL instituted my "flags can be overturned whenever something baller happened" rule there wouldn't even be an argument about the end of SEA-DET :colbert:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

soggybagel posted:

You're also acting like bad calls that are 100 times worse don't happen in college. Also if the college football team you root for is bad its awful. Especially if the "Personality" of your school is a senior citizen home run by a pervert.

The refs for college are even worse than NFL refs.

I'm an Illinois "fan" and despite being in the oh so "prestigious" Big Ten they get their rear end beaten by basketball schools. Team completely sucks and is unlikeable despite having huge advantages over other colleges. It has has no chance of ever competing and winning anything other than a toilet bowl. They run generic plays ineffectively, head coach fired a few games ago for ethics violations so bad they are borderline criminal, administration completely corrupt, and our symbol is a big lovely orange I. The "Pageantry" of the college game can especially kiss my rear end.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

WHY.

Trent Richardson was too pricey? Too good? :iiam:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

is Dave Rice still at UNLV

sadly. i still lol that he got the media to talk up going to the cbi after beating #3 arizona last year

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
It's a shame Kam's amazing play is being overshadowed by a controversy about rules technicalities. It's not like Wright gained an unfair advantage on the play by batting it out of the endzone. He could have just as easily grabbed the ball and sat down. Or failed to grab it more convincingly.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The only technically cheating Seahawks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Stupid week 4 thread

Blitz7x posted:

Amari Cooper just doesn't smile

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Febreeze posted:

Batting the ball should be legal anyway, batting the ball is hilarious

I agree, He could have grabbed the ball and stepped out or fell down to complete the touchback. Instead, he nonchalantly tapped the ball out of bounds, his hand giving the ball a little kiss of victory. It owned thoroughly.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
all these obscure rules are dumb. who gives a poo poo about batting the ball? or offensive holding? or defensive holding? brb going down to dicks to get my 12th fan jersey

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alaois posted:

be like me and attend a school with a DIII team so you can root for whatever the hell D1 team you feel like

Or you could be like me and go to a school with no football program at all! But I grew up like 10 minutes from Memorial so I kind of have an obligation there.

Lessail posted:

Warriors season starts in 3 weeks!

(Yes Cal is 5-0 right now but we're gonna get pasted by Utah next week)

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

all these obscure rules are dumb. who gives a poo poo about batting the ball? or offensive holding? or defensive holding? brb going down to dicks to get my 12th fan jersey

This, unironically. (except in Seattle, if you are going to dicks you get a deluxe, fry, and a shake)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mrit posted:

This, unironically. (except in Seattle, if you are going to dicks you get a deluxe, fry, and a shake)

sporting goods, not whatever dumb regional burger chain that will inevitably spawn a fast food derail youre talking about.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The nfl needs to ditch "this play cannot be reviewed." All plays should be reviewable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Triple option and other wonky gimmicks from 70 years ago makes college football fun.

That's funny, because when Parmesan Basil runs a wonky gimmick and I practice total incompetence all of you garbage bitches in TFF complain. :colbert: Make up yo drat minds.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

soggybagel posted:

The nfl needs to ditch "this play cannot be reviewed." All plays should be reviewable.

I would rather have a football game finish south of five hours, personally.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

as somebody who spent 90 mins on a layover in the Detroit airport, I feel I am best equipped to speak for the citizens of the city in this troubled time:

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Before this game, I wonder how many players knew the batted ball thing was a penalty? Hell, how many refs?

Batting balls shouldn't be a penalty. And a fumble out of the end zone shouldn't be a touchback.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Good morning TFF!

Has Joe Lombardi been Joe Lombardi been exiled to war-torn Nigeria yet? No??!!

Okay, have a great day guys

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DOOP posted:

Before this game, I wonder how many players knew the batted ball thing was a penalty? Hell, how many refs?

Batting balls shouldn't be a penalty. And a fumble out of the end zone shouldn't be a touchback.

What should it be then?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It wouldn't be so bad if that wasn't the 4th missed/bungled call that indirectly decided a game against Detroit in what, 3 or 4 years? poo poo gets old real quick.

At least with Cleveland every loss is due to their own fuckups and stupid decisions.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

That's funny, because when Parmesan Basil runs a wonky gimmick and I practice total incompetence all of you garbage bitches in TFF complain. :colbert: Make up yo drat minds.

At least you're funny about it, whatever the gently caress Parm is attempting to do is just awful.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boomer The Cannon posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if that wasn't the 4th missed/bungled call that indirectly decided a game against Detroit in what, 3 or 4 years? poo poo gets old real quick.

At least with Cleveland every loss is due to their own fuckups and stupid decisions.

Or more infuriatingly the 4th botched call that gave the sehawks a win. They can never bitch about Super Bowl XL again after the last few years of bullshit.

Meanwhile my team gets to battle the Saints this week for the right to be 2-3. And if the cowboys lose to the Pats, Washington loses to Arizona and the giants lose to the niners the whole division will be 2-3 and the NFC East will officially be the new NFC South.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

axeil posted:

What should it be then?

Exactly the same as fumble out of bounds

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Batting balls is a penalty to avoid poo poo like the holy roller.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Ross Angeles posted:

WHY.

FYI the appropriate response is "dammit"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Karlos Williams is going through the concussion protocol right now, which means I get another week to complain about cutting Fred Jackson.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

pasaluki posted:

The refs for college are even worse than NFL refs.

I'm an Illinois "fan" and despite being in the oh so "prestigious" Big Ten they get their rear end beaten by basketball schools. Team completely sucks and is unlikeable despite having huge advantages over other colleges. It has has no chance of ever competing and winning anything other than a toilet bowl. They run generic plays ineffectively, head coach fired a few games ago for ethics violations so bad they are borderline criminal, administration completely corrupt, and our symbol is a big lovely orange I. The "Pageantry" of the college game can especially kiss my rear end.

Hey now, we used to have a lovely somewhat racist logo , but because the team isn't important like FSU or the Redskins, it was taken away.

And UIUC should pretty much stop trying to compete in football whatsoever and pour all their money into bball, because as it is they suck at both and it's miserable.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Shadow225 posted:

I would rather have a football game finish south of five hours, personally.

Coaches only get 2 challenges, or 3 if they get 2 right.

But then again, heaven forbid we cut into the insane amount of commercials to get calls right. You know, like the good ol' touchdown, extra point, commercial, kick off, commercial, game.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Easy Mac posted:

Coaches only get 2 challenges, or 3 if they get 2 right.

But then again, heaven forbid we cut into the insane amount of commercials to get calls right. You know, like the good ol' touchdown, extra point, commercial, kick off, commercial, game.

This man is spot on. gently caress that

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The NFL is a business. The notion of some mythical integrity of the game? :lol:

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

DOOP posted:

I'm guessing almost none of them given it took several minutes after the game was over for it to come out that it was a penalty. Even if the Lions had been able to challenge I bet they would have tried challenging where CJ lost control of the ball rather than whether batting the ball was a penalty or not.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Abugadu posted:

Then start rooting for the All Blacks.

Do this anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Metapod posted:

Do this anyway

Embrace the garbage. Revel in it. Swim through the garbage. Tampa Bay: We're bad at every sport except hockey.

• Locked thread