Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Burger Trench posted:

Karlos Williams is going through the concussion protocol right now, which means I get another week to complain about cutting Fred Jackson.

What the hell?
I didn't even know he was injured...
At this point might as well sign Ray Rice its apropos to get him since we are also getting fellow slugger IK back.

*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shadow225 posted:

I would rather have a football game finish south of five hours, personally.

All plays are reviewed in college and games don't take five hours

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Wouldn't you rather have the game take 15 minutes longer and get most of the calls correct rather than be a little bit shorter but have some glaring omissions that can directly affect the outcome of the game?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dattserberg posted:

Wouldn't you rather have the game take 15 minutes longer and get most of the calls correct rather than be a little bit shorter but have some glaring omissions that can directly affect the outcome of the game?

I want every call to go my team's way

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Chip Kelly: We’re two field goals away from 3-1

Does Chip Kelly post in TFF?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Ehud posted:

I want every call to go my team's way

I'm fine with that. I've got no qualms with the Dolphins and Dolfans.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
I don't know what the best rules changes would be for this, but I swear I really wish the rules would be a little easier for players to not break (which maybe means more objective).

It's to the point now where it seems like I can't enjoy a good play (or be sad about a bad play) until I wait for the all-clear on flags.

Went both ways for the Saints on Sunday between having an interception called back and all the DPI, but either way it breaks the flow.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

What the hell?
I didn't even know he was injured...
At this point might as well sign Ray Rice its apropos to get him since we are also getting fellow slugger IK back.

*sigh*

Whaley said they might reach back out to Bryce Brown, heh. Otherwise, get ready for the Triple Woods Offense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes please.

@MikeGarafolo
With LeSean McCoy sidelined and Karlos Williams dealing with a concussion, the Bills will work out Trent Richardson, source says.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
its ok, he won't have any holes to run through anyway

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Hey now, we used to have a lovely somewhat racist logo , but because the team isn't important like FSU or the Redskins, it was taken away.

And UIUC should pretty much stop trying to compete in football whatsoever and pour all their money into bball, because as it is they suck at both and it's miserable.

And who could forget the loveable Chief Illiniwek!

seriously gently caress UIUC

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ozu posted:

Yes please.

@MikeGarafolo
With LeSean McCoy sidelined and Karlos Williams dealing with a concussion, the Bills will work out Trent Richardson, source says.

Oh c'mon, there has to be better options. Isn't Bradshaw a free agent?

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Burger Trench posted:

Oh c'mon, there has to be better options. Isn't Bradshaw a free agent?

A pile of laundry would be a better option than TRich

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ozu posted:

Yes please.

@MikeGarafolo

Bills fans would probably support having Ray Rice instead

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ozu posted:

Yes please.

@MikeGarafolo

Oh....no....

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
In a decade or so, the Lions will have a great team. It'll finally come together after they burn WCF's corpse at midfield on thanksgiving, as macabre as it'll be. The curse will be reversed! Some combination of luck, grit and a well built roster will make them an imposing loving team. I'll be thrilled to see it, and happily married with a beautiful family (this is a fantasy after all). They'll finally beat Green Bay in Green Bay, during the NFCG, and I'll be giddy for a week. Especially after the AFC champ has their entire offensive backfield and line suspended for a dogfighting ring right after they win the AFCG, and the Lions are twenty point favorites. I'll be out at the fancy liquor store a couple days before the game to find the nicest hootch I can to sip after the drought is finally over. I'll hear a muffled boom, and the bottles will shake on the shelf. I'll think nothing of, and pick out a $500 bottle of scotch (inflation is also pretty bad in this future, deal with it). Heading home, I'll think about how nice it'll be to sip that single barrel poo poo after the game, put my kids to bed, and do some absolutely filthy sex acts with my wife. I won't even notice the flashing lights or the fire until I get to my driveway. My driveway that now leads to a crater. I'll step out of the car, and the fireman will just shake his head. They're all dead. I'll look at the debris, and see a familiar logo in Honolulu blue. I'll nod, say, "Sounds about right," and chug the bottle still in my hand before driving into the nearest body of water and letting it all end.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bradshaw is actually a good rb

Smh Richardson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quick Reads

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2015/week-4-quick-reads

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

It's a shame Kam's amazing play is being overshadowed by a controversy about rules technicalities. It's not like Wright gained an unfair advantage on the play by batting it out of the endzone. He could have just as easily grabbed the ball and sat down. Or failed to grab it more convincingly.

Yeah if only he had, ya know, not committed a penalty, then we'd know for sure.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

AsInHowe posted:

We had said rear end in a top hat CEO from 2011-2014, and he was fired in an humiliating way because college sports are different than the pros. Those hopes and legitimate paths to a championship were literally created by the community out of sheer will and determination.

Honestly, it's going to be a big conference/little conference split as part of the NCAA reforms.

Seriously though, I think I've only watched two full NFL games all year, and maybe only a handful of snippets of other live NFL game action. Once it doesn't mean that much any more, it's not hard to fill up the time elsewhere.

Then watch the Big Ten, where Michigan is shutting out opponents, Michigan State turns 2-star recruits into first-round draft picks, and Ohio State plays just well enough to not lose.

If you want nothing but offense, watch the Big 12.

If you want quick offense that can turn into balanced shootouts, watch the Pac 12.

Heck, if you want a bunch of little dudes running a gimmick offense to perfection, watch Air Force.

The variety of college football is what makes it fun. That, and actually going to games and having a good time.

The Big Ten West is a wide-open division with no good longtime powers, and if Minnesota wins that, they essentially play a worn-down Michigan/MSU/Ohio State for a spot in the college football playoffs, where anything can presumably happen.

Minnesota isn't really in that bad of spot.

How could you do a write up of CFB and leave out the SEC, God's chosen conference and home of Champions.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

commieB posted:

Oh lions, I ate a mediocre hamburger at a bww just to watch this? Here's hoping they fire the owner!
Who goes to BWW to eat a burger

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Dattserberg posted:

At least you're funny about it, whatever the gently caress Parm is attempting to do is just awful.

Well that's a first!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Who goes to BWW to eat a burger

IBS fuckboys and bitchmades

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can you all quit saying fuckboy, it's very triggering to me. Thanks

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

IBS fuckboys and bitchmades

IBSfuckboy4lyfe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Washington Buckfoys

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Penn State Nittany Fuckboys

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

JR Sweezy is a fuckboy and his cut block probably ended Tyrunn Walker's season. :mad:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pacman Jones injury update https://instagram.com/p/8gFJp7Ejho/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Burger Trench posted:

Karlos Williams is going through the concussion protocol right now, which means I get another week to complain about cutting Fred Jackson.

You can have Jackson back; we broke him last night :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cold Tub Tuesday is legit on.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
News:

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Seahawks are going to beat down the Bengals even worse than they did the lions

Views:
Bengals > Lions

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it's not the Seahawks fault that the refs don't even know the rules of the sport they're reffing

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow225 posted:

I would rather have a football game finish south of five hours, personally.

I'd actually rather have 5 hour football games and no two games can be played at the same time so that we have 24/7 football for 16 weeks straight.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Chichevache posted:

You can have Jackson back; we broke him last night :smith:

I'm shocked the X-ray came back negative that looked terrible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There were five QBs worse than Ryan Mallett :stare:

nerve posted:

haha wow salty??

I wonder what I'd find if I looked for your posts right after the Fail Mary

It's ok for him to be salty right now

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 6, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Intruder posted:

There were five QBs worse than Ryan Mallett :stare:
There were 20 QBs worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick and I'm not quite sure how that's possible.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The system is bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ozu posted:

There were 20 QBs worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick and I'm not quite sure how that's possible.

Geno's never gonna start again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

I remember Flacco being really bad, but worse then the 4 ints and 2 intentional goundings guy seems a bit off.

• Locked thread