Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Karlos Williams is going through the concussion protocol right now, which means I get another week to complain about cutting Fred Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

What the hell?
I didn't even know he was injured...
At this point might as well sign Ray Rice its apropos to get him since we are also getting fellow slugger IK back.

*sigh*

Whaley said they might reach back out to Bryce Brown, heh. Otherwise, get ready for the Triple Woods Offense.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ozu posted:

Yes please.

@MikeGarafolo
With LeSean McCoy sidelined and Karlos Williams dealing with a concussion, the Bills will work out Trent Richardson, source says.

Oh c'mon, there has to be better options. Isn't Bradshaw a free agent?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills secondary has been talking a lot of poo poo about Odell Beckham today. Beckham threw a punch or two, I guess.

Duke Williams (who is really bad): "You expect him to be a stand-up guy but I guess it is a part of his game. He likes to throw cheap shots... and gets away with it."

Stephon Gilmore (who is really good): "He’s not Sammy Watkins. He has good hands, he can catch. He’s good but he’s not what people think after that one catch."

The Rex effect.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

Rex should finally kiss the rings and subscribe to the Bill Belichick way of handling the media.

"Hmm, how can I make this about the Patriots?" - you, every post

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

^^^^e: Forget everything I said, then.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

FanDuel were implicated in this poo poo too, weren't they?

The guy who worked for DraftKings used DK's internal stats to bet on FanDuel. So, no, but it definitely doesn't help them in the court of public opinion.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Blotto Skorzany posted:

I don't play fantasy sports, how does knowing the percentage of other entrants that have picked a player for their fantasy team before you pick yours give you an advantage?

In the case of these one-day things, if you pick a player everyone else has picked, you do nothing to separate yourself from the pack. If one of your chosen players does well, you sort of tie with everyone else. If you choose a unique guy and he does well, you have a major edge.

Another layer to the scandal, though: DraftKings bro also had access to every individual line up. I believe he is also accused of checking out the highest-performing players and just stealing their lineups.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

He is and he got shut down that game. But saying Watkins is better is meaningless since he's injured constantly. Just about any receiver is better than the one who isn't playing

I'm jealous of the Giants because they got a better receiver than we did and didn't have to give a first-round pick to do it. He's getting some backlash because he's been a bit overexposed, but he had one of the most impressive rookie campaigns ever and said exposure is arguably justified.

WITH THAT SAID, I am sick of seeing replays of his fantastic incompletions that were just like THE CATCH. We get it. He can catch the ball like that. It doesn't count when he does it out of bounds. Stop showing me replays of an incompletion!!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That Which Squeaks posted:

Huh, I graduated high school with the guy from DK who won $350k., go figure. I'll figure out how to send along the forum's thanks if this stops the ads.

You mean this guy?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I don't know how NFL practices work. I just like the " Tannehill is a crybaby" narrative.

I like the “Tannehill is a great carpenter” narrative where he just looks for excuses to offer to build people trophy cases.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Is the sandwich for Reid, and he's giving a thumb's up, or is the sandwich for the other dude and Reid is giving a "where's mine?" gesture? That has never been clear to me.

I always figured it was the former and was surprised that there was an alternate interpretation.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ringless Rivers doesn't deserve his moniker.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Texans coach Bill O’Brien says Brian Hoyer is his starting QB (again).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

O'Brien says he's comfortable switching quarterbacks because he approaches the regular season like it is actually sixteen, one-game seasons. By that rationale, he is still benching his quarterbacks mid-season.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

I've quit weed and tomorrow is my first day of football without it. It was time to give it up for awhile but lawdy lawdy grant me strenff

Like, permanently? I'm just cooling on it for this weekend.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Looked up the interview. Tom is entirely right on this.

Tom is completely right about this. I eat a lot of veggies and natural greens and never get sick, and my dad and I are basically the only people we know that don't take any prescription drugs or other medicines on a regular basis. Tom is entirely right about this.

Good god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Metapod posted:

In other news whisenhunt wishes he went more conservative on the last drive

V: Seriously fire him

That's, uh, quite the takeaway.

• Locked thread