Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Perhaps the most interesting thing out of this is the old official guy saying "we knew in the booth that the fail mary was wrong right after the game" which is kind of counter to the stance the NFL took afterwords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
They keep saying it wasn't reviewable. Aren't all scoring plays reviewed?

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Wasn't a scoring play.

Oh crap, my head was on safety because of all this Steve Young/Ray Lewis discussion. My bad.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

No one scored.

Turnovers are also auto-reviewed, but only the turnover, not that part.

Isn't part of the turnover recovery/not recovery and so they'd have to see how it went out of bounds?

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Dilfer is stupid. That ball wasn't headed out of bounds. It bounced up and was stopping.

Trent Dilfer: Would you call a penalty if it was going to change the outcome of the game? I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

MonsterWalk posted:

Dean Blandino has confirmed the foul should have been called and Detroit should've been given the ball on the 1.

Man. This is pretty messed up.

The moral of the story: If you are playing the Seahawks in Seattle on MNF, defend the south end first.

• Locked thread