Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

instead he has Joe Lombardi, the single worst assistant coach in the NFL
Greg Knapp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Fire Lombardi, promote Jim Bob Cooter. Or fire Lombardi and Caldwell, and promote Teryl Austin.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ooh, worst assistant coach would be a good discussion, though Kevin Coyle probably deserves it for the sheer amount of underwhelming talent on that defense.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Fire Lombardi, promote Jim Bob Cooter. Or fire Lombardi and Caldwell, and promote Teryl Austin.

Averaging 13 offensive points per game. Christ

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Especially when you consider that Austin was able to essentially get pressure out of being pretty vanilla last year. It's not like Suh forgot how to push guys back and it isn't like he is alone on that Miami defense either. If Austin could get pressure just letting those guys win their individual battles, Coyle is probably screwing something up.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Austin handled the defense so beautifully last year and last night. He wasn't all-vanilla all-the-time like Schwartz, but also never went blitz-crazy like Rob Ryan. It's amazing that Caldwell hired such a fantastic DC and such an atrocious OC.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I could definitely use some more Cooter in my life.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
#FreeCooter

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

In my experience, they always cost something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Ooh, worst assistant coach would be a good discussion, though Kevin Coyle probably deserves it for the sheer amount of underwhelming talent on that defense.

Mike Shuuuuuuuuulaaaaaaaaaa

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
wrong thread.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Anybody "coaching" Peyton

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
But his last name is Lombardi, how could he be a bad football coach!?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Tom Cable should be sacrificed to cthulu

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

How did this loving goofy lookin' theater kid/accountant get a football job?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

How did this loving goofy lookin' theater kid/accountant get a football job?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I don't see what this conversation has to do with Talia Shire...

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Yes, Marc. I shall grant you your wish of youthful beauty and skill at this sport you call 'football'.
For a price.
As you grow older, you shall look more and more like a greasy pedophile. Do you accept these terms?"

"I do."

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Goes so well with the avatar.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

sean10mm posted:

Random sad fact, Stafford didn't make the Pro Bowl the year he threw 41 loving touchdowns... but he did make it in 2014 when he had a below-average passer rating and only threw 22 touchdowns. :iiam:

Yeah but the year he threw 41 was the year Rodgers threw 45 in 15 games and Brees threw like 80 or something. It was also Cam's rookie year and he got a shitload of votes because rookie QB throwing over 4000 yards when no one expected him to transition well to the NFL.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Jim Caldwell is the kind of guy that just doesn't understand what all the fuss about HD tv is over

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
"Could I have the bone-in ribeye, well done, and some ketchup on the side?" - Jim Caldwell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"Favorite movies? Well you've got Father of the Bride and Father of the Bride Part 2..." -Jim Caldwell

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dattserberg posted:

"Could I have the bone-in ribeye, well done, and some ketchup on the side?" - Jim Caldwell

Make that low sodium ketchup please.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No Heinz, I prefer generic store brand ketchups, they're a little cheaper.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Yeah but the year he threw 41 was the year Rodgers threw 45 in 15 games and Brees threw like 80 or something. It was also Cam's rookie year and he got a shitload of votes because rookie QB throwing over 4000 yards when no one expected him to transition well to the NFL.

The pro bowl is a giant popularity contest and teams that aren't good don't really get many players elected. In 2003, LdT missed the pro bowl despite 1600 rushing yards and 100 receptions. San Diego was 4-12, so no one really noticed.

TLDR gently caress the pro bowl

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"Honey, which pants should I wear tonight? The dress khakis or the casual khakis?" - Jim Caldwell

Nov 6, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

"Honey, which pants should I wear tonight? The dress khakis or the casual khakis?" - Jim Caldwell

You're getting him confused with Jim Harbaugh now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

The pro bowl is a giant popularity contest and teams that aren't good don't really get many players elected. In 2003, LdT missed the pro bowl despite 1600 rushing yards and 100 receptions. San Diego was 4-12, so no one really noticed.

TLDR gently caress the pro bowl

On the other hand, the 2012 Chiefs.

e: Also agreeing gently caress the pro bowl

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Harbaugh doesn't have a patent on bland and boring.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

:lol: at Jim Harbaugh compromising himself with formal wear.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"Should I point out that the apostrophe in the title of this PowerPoint presentation doesn't grammatically make sense? Nah, I wouldn't want to embarrass someone." - Jim Caldwell

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jim Caldwell is the exact kind of stern looking man with soft eyes that would do this behind closed doors

Nov 6, 2002

Caldwell is definitely a briefs kinda guy.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I said several years ago and I'll say it again, Jim Caldwell is what I think The Innsmouth Look must look like.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

I said several years ago and I'll say it again, Jim Caldwell is what I think The Innsmouth Look must look like.

you're probably right on more levels than you think you are

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Weren't the Lions position coaches considered the hottest pair in football last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Its Miller Time posted:

Weren't the Lions position coaches considered the hottest pair in football last year?

Austin yes, and we're very lucky he didn't get poached.
Lombardi lol no, people were making these same negative comments about him last year, maybe even at this same point in the season.

• Locked thread