Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Mandator posted:

i can't watch lps all day because my internet is capped at 300gb

you'd think 300gb of pewdiepie would be enough for any average user, but not this guy

Where do you live/What ISP do you have?

e: guessing rural canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Scrubs

The Office

New episodes of Law and Order: SVU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ok goons whats the most acceptable show to watch?

I mean the answer is anime but I wanna hear your dumb opinions.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I liked top gear until they played soccer with cars for the third time and then smashed a camper again.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker posted:

Dumb opinions either -
Hill St. Blues
Original twilight zone
Homicide: Life on the Street
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century with Col. Wilma Deering.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

Broad City is the only show worth watching. All other shows are crap.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Any time someone gets way too into like a reality/game/talent show to the point that they try to talk to me about it I'm like "oh man you really don't have anything better to do you poor person :ohdear:" in my head

Tom Brady posted:

goons primarily hate big bang theory because it reminds them of their flaws lol, its actually a pretty funny show

nahhhhhh

it does make nerds loving furious sometimes so I guess that counts for something

bazinga

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Tom Brady posted:

theres a few good shows that i like on networks

brooklyn nine-nine is really funny imo

goons primarily hate big bang theory because it reminds them of their flaws lol, its actually a pretty funny show

also modern family, blackish and fresh off the boat are good

No it sucks insane dick because nerds are super easy to effectively mock and bazinga completely misses the mark.

See silicon valley

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
dbz

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

the only one I really think has no redeeming qualities, and in my exp only lower class people watch, is two and a half men

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

the only one I really think has no redeeming qualities, and in my exp only lower class people watch, is two and a half men

even my coworker who constantly buys scratch-off lottery tickets thinks that show is dumb lol

I mean they're still making the show so someone must be watching and enjoying it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Used to be "Everybody Loves Raymond" or "Home Improvement". These days? Any of the NCIS/CSI clones.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It takes time to cultivate good taste in anything- movies, tv, music, whatever. So whenever somebody talks about the Big Bang Theory I can't really judge, they probably have more valuable things to do with their time than binge through The Knick.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
If you're watching pretty much anything on CBS and you're not retired something's wrong.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
King Of The Hill

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
whatever Kevin James is doing these days

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

the price is right

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
people who watch news, whether its local news or network news. what a bunch of pieces of poo poo.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mandator posted:

the real answer is any crime drama show or any pawn/locker/garage show

Wrong! Hardcore Pawn is the greatest show ever.

s7indicate3
Aug 22, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Boob Mountain State

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Walking Dead

Law and Order: Anything

Orange is the New Black (or any other netflix original)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Big Bazinga Theorum

Parks and Rec

Any British show ever made (excluding Keeping up with Appearances)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
any format or genre that gets proven as having a sufficiently large audience to be profitable in some capacity will be assimilated into the rapidly bloating comfort culture cluster that is the mainstream media

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Has anyone said that they don't own a TV yet?

If not then I'm saying it now!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quakster posted:

any format or genre that gets proven as having a sufficiently large audience to be profitable in some capacity will be assimilated into the rapidly bloating comfort culture cluster that is the mainstream media
i hope this eventually happens to pedophile anime so as to facilitate the downfall of western decadence. hale satin

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

Any time someone gets way too into like a reality/game/talent show to the point that they try to talk to me about it I'm like "oh man you really don't have anything better to do you poor person :ohdear:" in my head

What about Jeopardy, would you like to hear how into Jeopardy I am? (Very)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Once Upon a Time is awful

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

quakster posted:

Yeah basically anything that makes it more than 1 or so seasons is going to become popcorn media pretty much immediately. That's how things go, niche audiences like depth but you're going to get less viewers that way, it's an inherent flaw of capital driven art/entertainment.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aralan posted:

What about Jeopardy, would you like to hear how into Jeopardy I am? (Very)

this is more on the "boring nerd" spectrum rather than "low iq normaluncool"

I was talking gameshows like that one with the suitcases

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Anything on a broadcast station.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

this is more on the "boring nerd" spectrum rather than "low iq normaluncool"

I was talking gameshows like that one with the suitcases

Oh ok, I can agree that deal or no deal was a terrible game show and people who were actually in to it were also terrible. Also when it was still on the air I was broke as poo poo so if I had been a contestant I would've just taken whatever deal they first gave me

"$300 if you leave right now" "Sold, see you losers later now I can afford an oil change"

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Nascar, nfl, nba, mlb, the olympics.

NHL owns bones tho

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

that tv show that when you find out someone's a fan your respect for them can't help but drop just a little, as it instantly reveals them as having mundane tastes and a boring lifestyle

i'm gonna say the league

Television.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond.

BoobFarts
Apr 14, 2014
Big brother.

Pop idol, and every talent show that came after that.

Music channels.

Sport.

Bazinga. (it's evil!)

Using a TV instead of a computer.

Spotify/netflix/hulu. Self-righteously paying for a business that distributes information that is built upon another system (the internet), that they pay for, that is perfectly good at distributing information.

Tbh: I actually think that those people just have different personalities, with different strengths and weaknesses, not lower IQs.

EDIT:

prinneh posted:

this thread is hard, there's so much shite I'm struggling to remember it all
Those dancing shows. Dancing with the stars on ice with Bruce Foresight.

BoobFarts fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Oct 7, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Everytime somebody says The Walking Dead is a brilliant drama or a clever deconstruction of the genre or something, I die

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Everytime somebody says The Walking Dead is a brilliant drama or a clever deconstruction of the genre or something, I die

nice avatar + text, how many tumblr blogs and cats do you own?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

nightwisher posted:

nice avatar + text, how many tumblr blogs and cats do you own?

you are a bright one, arent you

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

a bone to pick posted:

Orange is the New Black (or any other netflix original)

This actually hasn't been stated enough. For real Orange is the New Black is a show that is made for people with the IQ and attention span of children with some Lesbian stuff thrown in to make sure they can hook people even dumber.

House of Cards also got retarded

Daredevil is the worst full season of TV I've ever watched, so I am the idiot. I think about the fact I watched that entire show and I feel like a complete moron who shouldn’t be allowed to make his own decisions. One of the worst things I’ve ever done.

gently caress, I also watched Dexter. It’s me. I’m the pleb.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ha ha, yeah... who watches any of those mentioned shows that have been mentioned in this thread... ha ha (tugs at collar while steam jets towards the ceiling implying that i am nervous and overheating from the stress of being found out because i am feeling the exact opposite of what i just asid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Korranus posted:

south park

• Locked thread