Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i think i'm just not going to go into work anymore

i can vpn in and do whatever poo poo needs be done. i'll even record a skype video at work and play it back at home with fake webcam software so they think i'm at some stupid bullshit office where i don't really need to be. i'll just always act like i'm having connection problems

gently caress the rules. you can't catch farris jenie

you're going to fire me? boo loving hoo, you'll be first against the wall during the revolution comrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

fire me, like i give a gently caress

i'm white

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i'll have an even cushier white person job within two weeks

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i'll do the work, i'm just not going to drive two hours a goddamn day to do what i could do from home

suck my dick

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i wonder how many days i can go before they fire me and then have to pay some contractor by the hour to figure out what the gently caress i do

time to find out

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you seem to be having a tough time. i hope you're able to come to terms with your job situation one way or another.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

gently caress you work i am trying to do hard drugs and you mess up my rhythm EVERY DAY

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Ok cool

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Imo op you shouldn't work if you don't like it. Take a load off and relax

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

do you even know who you just said "Ok cool" to? I'm kind of a big deal around here

nobody talks to me like that

NOBODY

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Imo op you shouldn't work if you don't like it. Take a load off and relax

this sounds like sound advice, but i'm supporting two incredibly sick people so if i take a load off they might actually die because healthcare isn't free in the land of the free

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Live the dream, OP. Do it for me. Do it for all of us.

e: and then make a Vice documentary about it

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Do it.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i will

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

*is supported by parents*

lol just don't work - a typical goon

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The secret to working from home is to schedule yourself a lot of meetings only to yourself so your Lync (or Skype or whatever) shows you "in meeting" and people will mostly leave you alone. At the very least, you have an excuse to not reply to their bullshit IMs in a timely manner.

Use this time to grind out levels in your favorite MMO.

givepatajob fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 6, 2015

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Mandator posted:

*is supported by parents*

lol just don't work - a typical goon

Save up a decent amount of $$$ -> quit job -> coast on savings for a few months of blissful unemployment

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Give Pat a Job posted:

The secret to working from home is to schedule yourself a lot of meetings so your Lync (or Skype or whatever) shows you "in meeting" and people will mostly leave you alone. At the very least, you have an excuse to not reply to their bullshit IMs.

Use this time to grind out levels in your favorite MMO.

nigga this isn't my first rodeo

i used to work from home, i got paid to gently caress the boss's daughter on company time, i think that is the american dream

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
i dont like work im thinking about not doing it maybe

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

goatse.cx haver posted:

i dont like work im thinking about not doing it maybe

this guy gets it

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
80 percent of success is showing up OP

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you seem to be having a tough time. i hope you're able to come to terms with your slavery situation one way or another. don't rock the boat. the boat was built this way for a reason

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

corpuscollossus posted:

80 percent of success is showing up OP

hopefully the 20% i'm about to give will be enough

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do like that one guy and go to work but actually pay some Chinese code making GBS threads warehouse to do all your work and pay them about 20% of what you actually make.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Do like that one guy and go to work but actually pay some Chinese code making GBS threads warehouse to do all your work and pay them about 20% of what you actually make.

i want to meet that dude. i bet he's got some sick scam going on right now

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

literally this big posted:

Save up a decent amount of $$$ -> quit job -> coast on savings for a few months of blissful unemployment

I worked for a university one time and had four months of paid vacation.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have no big opinions about work, i'm just sincerely hoping you can figure out a way to interact with the capitalist shitheap in a way that benefits you

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mandator posted:

i want to meet that dude. i bet he's got some sick scam going on right now

I mean, it's basically the same scam the people employing him did. Make some code for us and we'll pay you 20% of the value of what your work makes for us. Oh okay sure boss I'll do that. Then the boss comes in and is like WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i have no big opinions about work, i'm just sincerely hoping you can figure out a way to interact with the capitalist shitheap in a way that benefits you

the pay is good

which is required

to buy the drugs

i need

to do the job

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

I mean, it's basically the same scam the people employing him did. Make some code for us and we'll pay you 20% of the value of what your work makes for us. Oh okay sure boss I'll do that. Then the boss comes in and is like WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

let's not pretend like outsourced code isn't ridiculously bad

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

but you're right

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mandator posted:

let's not pretend like outsourced code isn't ridiculously bad

He was one of the top three guys at his company according to his performance reviews.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

oh lol that has not been my experience

where can i contact this guy so i can pay him 30%

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
IDK maybe he polished the turds a little bit before sending them along

More likely his boss knew nothing about code and it just barely worked and was always in on time therefore hey you're da best employee

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

IDK maybe he polished the turds a little bit before sending them along

More likely his boss knew nothing about code and it just barely worked and was always in on time therefore hey you're da best employee

living the dream

any code that goes into our sc is vetted by 2 developers and a moderator (also a developer) and then automated builds reject the code

also every programmer has aspergers so even trivial mistakes like forgetting to attach a user story/work item/issue to a non-audited code review will get work rejected

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

if you are a slave to your companies it policies then you can suck my goddamn dick

i did process improvement work for five years. if a process doesn't make sense for a given scenario, don't do it for the sake of doing it you goddamn spergy idiots

be smart, don't be a retard

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

yeah, i'm going to take a 2mg xanax i've been saving with the strongest liquor i can find and then go to bed. i hope i wake up after work is over (or not at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

*user has been permabanned for mentioning xanax outside of tcc to help contribute to a dying site*

• Locked thread