Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Sheep-Goats posted:

Liking and talking about Disney movies as an adult male is the closest thing to being a full on unapologetic pedophile that there is in terms of making normal people feel uncomfortable around you.

if yu feel uncomfortable when people talk about movies that are huge cultural touchstones for pretty hmuch everyone in the western world because you cant stop thinking about people loving children then ive got some bad news for you...

BIG PUFFY NIPS fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I'm a gay white male in a relationship with a gay white male so just FYI I'm oppressing the poo poo out of you losers :zoid:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

if yu feel uncomfortable when people talk about movies that are huge cultural touchstones for pretty hmuch everyone in the western world because you cant stop thinking about people loving children then ive got some bad news for you...

Dear Child Predator,

Please don't defend grown men gushing about the Lion King.

Sincerely,
S-G

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Sheep-Goats posted:

Liking and talking about Disney movies as an adult male is the closest thing to being a full on unapologetic pedophile that there is in terms of making normal people feel uncomfortable around you.

For the life of me I do not understand how adult human beings can care about animated things clearly targeted at children without any deeper symbolism or anything to latch on to so much. It's like anyone under 35 actively celebrates their own arrested development as a positive trait.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Sheep-Goats posted:

Dear Child Predator,

Sincerely,
S-G

he right tho

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

lonesomedwarf posted:

im going to the midwest america. i just ask to go to "the midwest" right

Come to Chicago.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Sheep-Goats posted:

Dear Child Predator,

Sincerely,
S-G

i was actully calling you either a pedo or a victim of child molestation depending on you interpretation

i thought the whole disney movie derail was pretty dumb my intent was purely to flame i assure you

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

For the life of me I do not understand how adult human beings can care about animated things clearly targeted at children without any deeper symbolism or anything to latch on to so much. It's like anyone under 35 actively celebrates their own arrested development as a positive trait.

I like the most pretentious arty poo poo imaginable, but I'm also not about to act like disney and pixar movies aren't more enjoyable than the majority of blockbuster films released in any given year, and aren't very deliberately designed to appeal to all ages. The average mid/low level blockbuster supposedly designed for adults has way less respect for the audience's ability to process simple information than the top tier of kids movies, and are usually shat out through a far more cynical 'creative' process. People under 35 are more likely to acknowledge this because they grew up with an elder generation who stood as very clear proof that adhering rigidly to rituals of adulthood didn't mean you were wise or mature.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

How about instead of obsessing over children's media because blockbusters are also not high-brow they actually either watch material that isn't aimed at children/dumb action audiences or simply not obsess over the best of the poo poo they do watch?

I'm sorry but I cannot for the life of me understand why two adults in their 20's would have a conversation about the Little Mermaid.

And this is someone who openly really likes some Pixar/other animated movies. At the same time I treat them as the popcorn-media they are - a children's movie isn't elevated to Tarkovsky-level media because it has foreshadowing or a nice female lead.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Moon Atari posted:

I like the most pretentious arty poo poo imaginable, but I'm also not about to act like disney and pixar movies aren't more enjoyable than the majority of blockbuster films released in any given year, and aren't very deliberately designed to appeal to all ages. The average mid/low level blockbuster supposedly designed for adults has way less respect for the audience's ability to process simple information than the top tier of kids movies, and are usually shat out through a far more cynical 'creative' process. People under 35 are more likely to acknowledge this because they grew up with an elder generation who stood as very clear proof that adhering rigidly to rituals of adulthood didn't mean you were wise or mature.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

DAE Robin Hood??????

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I masturbated in blackface once

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Okay, I still think that the only thing Disney is praiseworthy for is their technical achievements in animation.
Their narratives are still loving Conservative, and (usually young) liberals still call themselves 'leftists' while fondly supporting regressive economic structures.
This article was loving stupid and an example of clickbait bull.

Oh yeah totally with you on the article, it's loving stupid. I didn't know that was even in question.

Calico Heart posted:

How about instead of obsessing over children's media because blockbusters are also not high-brow they actually either watch material that isn't aimed at children/dumb action audiences or simply not obsess over the best of the poo poo they do watch?

I'm sorry but I cannot for the life of me understand why two adults in their 20's would have a conversation about the Little Mermaid.

And this is someone who openly really likes some Pixar/other animated movies. At the same time I treat them as the popcorn-media they are - a children's movie isn't elevated to Tarkovsky-level media because it has foreshadowing or a nice female lead.

JFC lighten up.
You too, Sheep-Goats.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Attitude Indicator posted:

I masturbated in blackface once

Transracial progressive :q:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lol if you think adulthood is defined by the subjective quality of the media you passively consume.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Lol if you think adulthood is defined by the subjective quality of the media you passively consume.

enjoy passively consuming childrens media :thumbsup:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Calico Heart posted:

enjoy passively consuming childrens media :thumbsup:

enjoy being a joyless twazzer

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
has anyone said cuck

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah this, best of both worlds

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Fact: white South Africans are the hottest of the white races and have the sexiest accents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjwCmJrnlY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
having a white girlfriend

pros:
* they're cool w/ it when you're like "let's go to applebees i love applebees"
* standard american english