Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
In the movie Luigi is Mario's adopted son. If you haven't you should really watch the Rifftrax for the movie.

"This is my one word review of this movie, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

and Atlas Shrugged 2.

HOW IS THIS NOT A JOKE

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Frijolero posted:

My irl name is Mario so when I say hi to my gf I'm like, "Issa me Marbo"

you indeed lead a charmed life

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

I have some terrible news

I looked up Samantha Mathis' IMDB page to see what she's been doing recently and apart from some TV work it's mostly been christianity-themed movies and Atlas Shrugged 2.

what's big bertha up to??? other than being queen of my boner.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

GET THOSE PLUMBERS

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Rutibex posted:

you dont need life if your going to saturn for hydro carbons. Titan has literal lakes of propane on the surface

Why was this never a major plot point of King of the Hill?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

WatermelonGun posted:

what's big bertha up to??? other than being queen of my boner.

Been getting pretty regular TV work, apparently:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731098/?ref_=tt_cl_t11

it makes me feel happy, somehow.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

It is me, I am Mario. My name is Mario.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was so close to its source material!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5JHY7xIb8

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"So long gay bowser" -Super Marten in the Castle of the Sun

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Applewhite posted:

"So long gay bowser" -Super Marten in the Castle of the Sun

U R MR GAY

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
did you know fisher stevens was in this film

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
it's a blast said the washington post

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i liked this movie, i actually thought it was pretty accurate to the source material

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Remember how the movie ended on a cliffhanger when Princess Daisy reappeared and told the Mario Bros she needed their help? Remember how the movie bombed so badly that the sequel they set up was never made? Well someone decided they couldn't live without that sequel so they made a Mario Bros 2 webcomic

i unironically enjoy this webcomic and wish it would update more

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Nuclear power.
Nuclear matter is just fossilized mutant dinosaurs idiot.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It is the utmost tragedy that Bob Hoskins is no longer with us. That means we can't get sequel with Wario in it.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Johnny Aztec posted:

It is the utmost tragedy that Bob Hoskins is no longer with us. That means we can't get sequel with Wario in it.

And Leguizamo as Waluigi? I could get behind that.

Unfortunately nowadays they'd probably cast Jonah Hill or Josh Gad as Mario and some random prettyboy from the CW as Luigi.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

There would still be fossil fuels if dinosaurs never went extinct.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This movie rules gently caress the haters. Fuckin Hopper is doing little T-rex arms in a bunch of scenes and I didn't notice that for years and it's fuckin amazing.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

No. 6 posted:

Oh my god JC, a bomb! -- Super Maurice O'Brothers

HE'S GOT A BOB-OMB BUH-BOMB!

Phobic Nest posted:

For some reason I've been trying to watch this but naw I'm done. For some reason Luigi is blue (bluigi lol) and extremely money-hungry (jewigi lolol) and gently caress it, not my weegee.

The Nintendo Power comics have the best Luigi: Princess Peach in drag. :swoon:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wish Bomber Luigi Peach was playable in Mario Maker or Mario Bros X or something, she rules.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
“Super Mario: Goddess of the Demon World Empire” (スーパーマリオ魔界帝国の女神)

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Light Gun Man posted:

This movie rules gently caress the haters. Fuckin Hopper is doing little T-rex arms in a bunch of scenes and I didn't notice that for years and it's fuckin amazing.

That is a really nice touch on Hopper's part that I didn't notice till recently myself.

Also, Yoshi is apparently a pretty drat advanced animatronic, like some of the Jurassic Park people showed up on set to check him out. Took like 8 people to pilot him from what I remember.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Fuckin lol. I don't know why is this killin me so hard.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

TontoCorazon posted:

Fuckin lol. I don't know why is this killin me so hard.

I know right? takes the whole thing to a whole new level.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb idiot dog!" - Wapeach to Mario as she blasts off again!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Argue posted:

i unironically enjoy this webcomic and wish it would update more

I didn't know it existed until today, and now I cannot imagine a world without it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Also, Yoshi is apparently a pretty drat advanced animatronic, like some of the Jurassic Park people showed up on set to check him out. Took like 8 people to pilot him from what I remember.

Yeah it was loving crazy:

quote:

The Yoshi puppet was capable of making 64 separate movements due to 200 feet of cable crammed inside its 3 foot tall structure. In all, no less than 9 puppeteers were used to operate the Yoshi puppet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKhy6dO5nw

This site has a whole bunch of other production photos:

There were dozens and dozens of highly skilled artisans working their butts off to bring this movie to the big screen and the directors were loving around making script changes up to and during filming and dicking around obsessing over tiny details (at one point one of the co-directors poured a cup of coffee over an extra because he thought her costume wasn't grungy enough) and arguing amongst themselves rather than concentrating on the big big picture.

Edit: the movie pretty much killed the directors' careers. Rocky Morton didn't direct anything else for another 11 years until he had a few straight-to-DVD things in the mid 2000s and then disappeared again. Annabel Jankel also didn't direct anything else for another 12 years and even then they were just a few TV and straight-to-DVD stuff (including one TV episode this year).

The writers didn't fare much better. Parker Bennett got a writing credit on an episode of the TV series Sweet Valley High 3 years later and then disappeared. Terry Runté died the year after SMB was released without having any further screen credits. Ed Solomon (who was called in to do a complete rewrite at one point and then fired and then brought back later to script doctor the resultant mess when they got a new script but went over budget and had to abandon large chunks of it) managed to escape pretty well unscathed. He was already well known for writing the Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure movies and later went on to write Men In Black, Charlie's Angels and Now You See Me and was working on the Spider-Man spinoff movie Venom (which is now in limbo after Sony struck their deal with Marvel).

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 7, 2015

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The sub-plot with King Koopa's pizza deserved an Oscar nomination.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKLw_Fm3tqg

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ryoshi posted:

HOW IS THIS NOT A JOKE

there is a part 3 now and apparently it contains the entire john galt speech

i don't think a single person paid to see it because the only people that would want to see that dreck are libertarians, who will just torrent it.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

i don't think a single person paid to see it because the only people that would want to see that dreck are libertarians, who will just torrent it.

IT'S WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian

Yeah it was loving crazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKhy6dO5nw

This site has a whole bunch of other production photos:

Terry Runté died the year after SMB was released without having any further screen credits.

A life not wasted.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

I've seen all 3 parts and the third part does not contain the entire speech. The speech is like 5 minutes long in the movie and there's no way the uncut speech can be read aloud in under two hours.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Applewhite posted:

I've seen all 3 parts and the third part does not contain the entire speech. The speech is like 5 minutes long in the movie and there's no way the uncut speech can be read aloud in under two hours.
I thought they would at least try to weasel around it by insisting they put it on the DVD as a special feature, but no, libertarians do not even attempt to honor their own contracts.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Knight posted:

I thought they would at least try to weasel around it by insisting they put it on the DVD as a special feature, but no, libertarians do not even attempt to honor their own contracts.

The third movie is pretty hilariously low budget. It has all different actors from the previous two, and doesn't even meet the "Sy Fy original movie" standard of special effects/acting/directing/editing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Applewhite posted:

I've seen all 3 parts

loving why?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite posted:

I've seen all 3 parts

I'm sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Because Atlas Shrugged would make a half-decent sci-fi movie if it could just shut the gently caress up about Ayn Rand's stupid fetishes for ten minutes. Sadly, if anything, it was worse than the books when it came to ham-fisted preaching.
After the first one it was pretty much a matter of wanting to see the train wreck (see what I did there) through to the end.

• Locked thread