Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
bad news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/10/05/11-year-old-charged-with-murdering-8-year-old-after-arguing-about-puppies/

An argument between two children over puppies turned tragic Saturday when an 11-year-old boy killed his 8-year-old neighbor with a shotgun, according to authorities in Jefferson County, Tenn.

The 11-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder in the girl’s death, Jefferson County Sheriff Bud McCoig told The Washington Post. Authorities aren’t releasing the names of either child, but Latasha Dyer told ABC affiliate WATE that her daughter, McKayla, was killed.

“She was a precious little girl,” Dyer said through tears in an on-air interview with WATE. “She was a mommy’s girl. No matter how bad of a mood you were in, she could always make you smile.”

An 11-year-old boy is accused of murdering 8-year-old McKayla Dyer while she was playing with her puppy. @6News pic.twitter.com/QFWLFJHFmc

— Shelby Miller (@SMillerWATE) October 5, 2015

Each of the children had a puppy, the sheriff said. The 11-year-old “wanted to see the 8-year-old’s, and she said no, and then he went and retrieved a gun,” McCoig said.

The boy fired the 12-gauge shotgun from inside of his house, striking the girl as she stood in her yard, according to the sheriff. The gun, which was stored in a closet without locks, belonged to the boy’s father, McCoig said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Who cares, he could have killed her from inside his house with a car or swimming pool also

Ban cars and swimming pools

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Perhaps if she had gun would be different

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Grim reboot of pound puppies seems to be going well.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I wonder if he used bird shot

heyoooooo that's one for the Brit posters

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the amount of gun poo poo being covered by the media makes me feel like the next law they try to pass will be so bullshit, so anti-tax payer, anti-citizen, we will have nerf guns and the government will use nuclear weapons daily in a distant future

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

extra stout posted:

the amount of gun poo poo being covered by the media makes me feel like the next law they try to pass will be so bullshit, so anti-tax payer, anti-citizen, we will have nerf guns and the government will use nuclear weapons daily in a distant future

as a gun owner, should we not report on news when 11 years old shoot 8 year olds with a shotgun?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
maybe 11 year olds shouldnt shoot 8 years old with a shotgun ? lo

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

extra stout posted:

sounds insanely dope, OP

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im going to shoot you with a gun and call you a fag

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im glad he was able to exercise his second amendment right

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

I hope they try the monster as an adult.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad of it.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
let's try him as an adult that will stop other 11 year olds from taking their dads unsecured guns and being idiot 11 year olds with them

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

concerned mom posted:

let's try him as an adult that will stop other 11 year olds from taking their dads unsecured guns and being idiot 11 year olds with them

unironically yes

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

at 11 years old, you know right from wrong. The kid knew what he was doing. This is 1st degree premeditated murder.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CuteJen96 posted:

at 11 years old, you know right from wrong. The kid knew what he was doing. This is 1st degree premeditated murder.

thats funny because legally they dont so who knows what to think cutejen96

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Won't somebody arm the puppies?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Charge the dad with negligent homicide

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Did he at least get to play with the puppy after going to all that effort?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It's as easy as that. this monster gunned down a little girl in cold blood. you're just as bad as he is if you don't want him tried as an adult imho

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I learned that Elahe Izadi is a general assignment national reporter for The Washington Post.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mooktastical posted:

Charge the dad with negligent homicide

I literally cannot think of any other rational response to this. How the gently caress can an 11-year-old get access to a loving SHOTGUN? They are:

A) Heavy
B) Have a huge recoil
C) Big

All of which would be deterrent enough without the loving thing being securely locked up, which of course it wasn't.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
do guns have to be locked away when not in use in amamrica or can you just literally sleep with a loaded gun under your pillow if you want

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I literally cannot think of any other rational response to this. How the gently caress can an 11-year-old get access to a loving SHOTGUN? They are:

A) Heavy
B) Have a huge recoil
C) Big

All of which would be deterrent enough without the loving thing being securely locked up, which of course it wasn't.

this is in a very rural portion of the state. guns are usually kept unlocked for protection. also, children are taught at a young age how to handle firearms. which is why the murderer knew exactly what he was doing.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CuteJen96 posted:

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It's as easy as that. this monster gunned down a little girl in cold blood. you're just as bad as he is if you don't want him tried as an adult imho

theres a reason kids are treated differently, provably the same reason your not allowed to go near schools

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

concerned mom posted:

do guns have to be locked away when not in use in amamrica or can you just literally sleep with a loaded gun under your pillow if you want

they don't have to be locked up. I keep my glock 40 loaded with a round in the chamber on my nightstand. i keep the shotgun under the bed and in reach.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
there is no legal requirement to secure your weapons so you can literally have them strewn about your home fully loaded, round chambered, no safeties engaged and readily available for easy access to children

just like the founding fathers intended

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
youre not allowed a kinder egg because its a choking hazard but you can leave a loaded gun around for a child to find, sweet

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
does usa execute kids

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Guns should only be used to prevent no-knock warrants.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

VikingSkull posted:

I wonder if he used bird shot

heyoooooo that's one for the Brit posters

Nice

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

does usa execute kids

imo they should execute him with the same shotgun he used to kill the girl except shoot him in the knees and let him bleed out, sends a message.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

CuteJen96 posted:

they don't have to be locked up. I keep my glock 40 loaded with a round in the chamber on my nightstand. i keep the shotgun under the bed and in reach.
use them to shoot yourself in the head imho

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Hogge Wild posted:

does usa execute kids

only black ones that are minding their own business in the street

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

concerned mom posted:

youre not allowed a kinder egg because its a choking hazard but you can leave a loaded gun around for a child to find, sweet

kinder eggs arent in the constitution

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if she had had a gun none of this would have happened

we need more guns on the streets

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
toxic musculinity, to be sure

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Hogge Wild posted:

does usa execute kids

no, but you can be executed for a crime you committed when you were a "child". Steve Raoch was executed in Texas at age 23 for a murder he committed at age 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

:qq:

• Locked thread