Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Fateo McMurray posted:

You don't want anything to do with New York. They're all insufferable.

Just pick the Bruins. We got a lot of Irish people here and Ireland is basically Scotland so you'll fit right in

The Bruins seem pretty cool, actually. It's a minor thing, but black and gold is a good colour scheme. And a good colour scheme always helps. No-one wants to be the dudes in hot pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'd generally favour north-eastern US or any Canadian teams.

The Flyers fans here are pretty decent compared to in-person ones. You could be one of us!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The Bruins seem pretty cool, actually. It's a minor thing, but black and gold is a good colour scheme. And a good colour scheme always helps. No-one wants to be the dudes in hot pink.

you should check out the penguins, they originated the black and gold color scheme and also employ the most likeable player in the league, philip kessel

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I cannot in good conscience suggest you become a fan of the St. Louis Blues so good luck finding a team that won't break your heart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

you should check out the penguins, they originated the black and gold color scheme and also employ the most likeable player in the league, philip kessel

What Sharks Eat Bear here is doing is what we commonly call 'trolling', and none of us are going to take the bait because we are fine, upstanding individuals.

Unlike his mother who spends all her time lying down.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

My first hockey season.

I am so ready for the hock.

Which team will I not get hit with a sockful of pennies for supporting, but won't make me want to kill myself?

None of the previously mentioned teams have The Best Subban. Montreal is the obvious answer.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
When does Mook return?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First puck drop.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

fancy stats posted:

None of the previously mentioned teams have The Best Subban. Montreal is the obvious answer.

Also, in Quebec, they hate the anglo-saxans, just like you do. And have weird food. Just like you do.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aphrodite posted:

What Sharks Eat Bear here is doing is what we commonly call 'trolling', and none of us are going to take the bait because we are fine, upstanding individuals.

Unlike his mother who spends all her time lying down.

Phil Kessel is amazing you shut up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't even know if I want to watch the Leafs this season, I already miss Kessel too much :smith:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I think I'm gonna go Bruins. Cuz Irish is basically Scottish (but don't tell anyone I said that).

So I'm sorry Bruins fans, but I'm here so we're doomed for spectacular failure in new and hilarious ways.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

How about the Rangers? They seem pretty cool, and I don't think I'd be jumping on the bandwagon if they've not won the cup in 21 years. But New York teams always seem to have a bit of hate around them.

I'd generally favour north-eastern US or any Canadian teams.

Scotland.

Rangers fans are crappy because there's a lot of them in NYC and everyone from NYC is a jerk, but the team itself is cool and has a lot of likable guys including Chris Kreider who is a fan favorite in Montreal even!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I think I'm gonna go Bruins. Cuz Irish is basically Scottish (but don't tell anyone I said that).

So I'm sorry Bruins fans, but I'm here so we're doomed for spectacular failure in new and hilarious ways.

You have made a horrible choice, you should be ashamed of yourself. :mad:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

You have made a horrible choice, you should be ashamed of yourself. :mad:

It is merely the latest in a long line of those.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Luke Schenn is no longer a healthy scratch and is in the lineup for tomorrow night. Gudas scratched.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Given the team's actions on draft day, I don't think any bruin's fan will be surprised.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So I heard you guys like arguing about rankings?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-coaching-power-rankings-seeding-all-30-bench-bosses/

Sportsnet coach rankings. Sneak preview: They call tier 1 "Elite" and use the phrase "All this guy does is win".

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Why don't you just gently caress all of our moms while you're at it

Aphrodite posted:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-coaching-power-rankings-seeding-all-30-bench-bosses/

Sportsnet coach rankings. Sneak preview: They call tier 1 "Elite" and use the phrase "All this guy does is win".

Putting Tippett on thin ice is a pretty comical misreading of what is going on in Arizona. The rest of it is actually mostly reasonable besides Therrien.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 7, 2015

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

My work here is done.

Welcome aboard

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

soggybagel posted:

I suppose you're right. I have read a few articles that actually shed some insight into being a pro athlete.

I guess I just really roll my eyes at the idea that these guys aren't all getting massively ghost written and they get stupid real titles like LA Bureau chief like they're an actual reporter.

It's not NHL, but Joe Smith wrote a really good article on there where he wrote a letter to his younger self on the eve of him being drafted. It was good stuff.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

jack capuano is on the rise...much like the bile in my stomach, after reading this terrible list!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Glad to see Jon Cooper and Jack Capuano on the same tier. A Good List.

quote:

Roy is fiery, too fiery at times, but the Avs are primed to rebound.

"The Avs play in the toughest division in hockey and their blue line sucks but they should rebound because reasons"

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 7, 2015

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
all it would take for jagr to pass howe in points would be a 50 point season :eyepop:

go cats

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

Luke Schenn is no longer a healthy scratch and is in the lineup for tomorrow night. Gudas scratched.

Boooo

Human Eraser gonna erase some leads

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
avs season prediction: http://gfycat.com/SoulfulEnviousAmericancrocodile

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
All I gotta say, is Beat LA.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
dan cleary on waivers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

shyduck posted:

It's kind of like being asked if you want to be kicked in the left nut or the right nut

e: I feel like that coaches ranking is ignoring the fact that Trotz was taking a good team that was just coached by the worst goddamn coach in recent memory and "turned it around" which doesn't seem quite as impressive to me. I mean, he's a very good coach, I won't deny that at all, but he got a good roster with some good pieces and a goalie about to hit his elite prime and since he isn't an utter moron like Oates of course the Caps were going to have a huge rebound especially defensively once Holtby stopped having his mechanics hosed with.

but in all that's not an entirely bad article other than not being ballsy enough to call out any coaches for just plain being bad.

Levitate fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 7, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Patrick Roy
- The reigning Jack Adams winner did more with the Avs last year than anyone had expected he could. With the addition of Jarome Iginla and the maturation of Nathan MacKinnon he’s got one of the best offences in hockey to work with.

Paul MacLean -The reigning Jack Adams winner did more with the Sens last year than anyone had expected he could. With the addition of Bobby Ryan and the return of Erik Karlsson, he’s got one of the best transition teams in hockey to work with.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

fits posted:

dan cleary on waivers

come on Babs, get Lou on the phone

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

nice

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

shyduck posted:

I don't see this making any significant difference.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I don't see this making any significant difference.

It does if it helps get Luke traded somewhere :v:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

DJExile posted:

It does if it helps get Luke traded somewhere :v:

Maybe whatever gypsy curse that makes him incapable of clearing the puck was lifted recently.

Also, if Gudas played in any preseason games, I can say I didn't notice at all, so that might actually be an improvement over Schenn as well.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

You got an EIHL team?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fits posted:

dan cleary on waivers

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Also I just got this email

quote:

[b]A FAKE rear end EMAIL

e: ignore this email I am an idiot

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 7, 2015

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Also I just got this email

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

:stare:

Well now the networks are going to have to notice and get it shut down, right?

I mean the NHL is small time. You mess with the NFL and your rear end is in a sling.

• Locked thread