Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
am I a bad person for owning my grandfathers ~100 year old shotgun?

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Besides moose is better than deer anyhow you pedestrian motherfucker

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Network Pesci posted:

But times twenty or thirty. Also this one time something that I'm not even gonna post here because people would say it was STDH. I mean this story is straight off your racist uncle's Facebook, but it personally happened to me. gently caress all y'all.

You look like, and likely are, a racist uncle. Therefore, I do believe you shot someone for being black.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tendai posted:

Besides moose is better than deer anyhow you pedestrian motherfucker

I have never been lucky enough to eat moose, yet

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i protected my cousins right ear w a bb gun when i was a kid

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

I have never been lucky enough to eat moose, yet
It is very delicious and I recommend everyone go to Alaska during hunting season or wherever the hell else there's moose. Finland or something.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Luvcow posted:

am I a bad person for owning my grandfathers ~100 year old shotgun?

:synpa:

Yes.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
When I was a teenager my grandparents had a problem with deer/hog/turkey poachers coming through their tobacco and corn fields near the house. My brother and I spent every summer working on the plantation they owned and every now and then you'd hear shots off in the distance and my grandmother would call the sheriff or game warden to come out and look, no one was ever caught in the years they did this, but everytime they sent a squad car down the road it would normally keep the poachers out for a few weeks.

So one night my older brother and I (he was 17 at the time, I was 13) were asleep and we were both woken up by the sounds of gunfire very close to the house. My grand father got up and told us to grab our guns, my brother grabbed the semi-auto .22 and I took the old bolt action Winchester while my grandfather grabbed his pheasant hunting shotgun. He went out to the North porch on the house and had my brother put a pretty high power flood light toward the treeline we thought we had heard the shots come from.

A few moments later we saw a muzzle-flash right at the edge of the tree line about 150 yards away to the Northwest and my grandfather fired in the direction as a warning and told my brother and I to get down behind the stone wall in front of my grandmother's flower garden. A few seconds later we heard two more gunshots from the same area and heard one hit the tin tool-shed about 40 feet from the house, so we both (brother and I) popped up and started shooting at the area of the treeline we saw the muzzle flashes from earlier. We heard a few voices screaming "Get the gently caress out" and "poo poo" after that, then as we kept an eye out toward the Western side of the property that butted up against a paved road, we heard a vehicle moving quick, but didn't see any lights. When the game warden showed up 40 minutes later, he did a search around the property while joking with my grandpa that there was no way they'd be back anytime soon. He found a blood trail from whatever animal they had been chasing that went by the shed, which probably explains why we heard impact on it. Also found some tire tracks going through the wooded area between the tobacco and corn fields and a bunch of flattened cornstalks leading to the paved road.

My grandparents didn't have a single issue with poachers near the house since then, fwiw

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Booblord reminiscing about the the good old days of 1850s rural Georgia life :)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I want to hear the story about the OP hitting a child in the head with a shovel again.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Captain Yossarian posted:

Booblord reminiscing about the the good old days of 1850s rural Georgia life :)

1995, but to be honest there really wasn't that much change in those 145 years other than the skin colors and accents of field hands from what I've been told.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Sounds like 90s rural Georgia life to me. Sorry about poaching your hogs but we were really fuckin hungry.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

1995, but to be honest there really wasn't that much change in those 145 years other than the skin colors and accents of field hands from what I've been told.
And the fact that you can't legally sell/rape them

I assume

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

social vegan posted:

i protected my cousins right ear w a bb gun when i was a kid

My little brother protected my right butt cheek with a BB gun when I was in high school

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Booblord Zagats posted:

When I was a teenager my grandparents had a problem with deer/hog/turkey poachers coming through their tobacco and corn fields near the house. My brother and I spent every summer working on the plantation they owned and every now and then you'd hear shots off in the distance and my grandmother would call the sheriff or game warden to come out and look, no one was ever caught in the years they did this, but everytime they sent a squad car down the road it would normally keep the poachers out for a few weeks.

So one night my older brother and I (he was 17 at the time, I was 13) were asleep and we were both woken up by the sounds of gunfire very close to the house. My grand father got up and told us to grab our guns, my brother grabbed the semi-auto .22 and I took the old bolt action Winchester while my grandfather grabbed his pheasant hunting shotgun. He went out to the North porch on the house and had my brother put a pretty high power flood light toward the treeline we thought we had heard the shots come from.

A few moments later we saw a muzzle-flash right at the edge of the tree line about 150 yards away to the Northwest and my grandfather fired in the direction as a warning and told my brother and I to get down behind the stone wall in front of my grandmother's flower garden. A few seconds later we heard two more gunshots from the same area and heard one hit the tin tool-shed about 40 feet from the house, so we both (brother and I) popped up and started shooting at the area of the treeline we saw the muzzle flashes from earlier. We heard a few voices screaming "Get the gently caress out" and "poo poo" after that, then as we kept an eye out toward the Western side of the property that butted up against a paved road, we heard a vehicle moving quick, but didn't see any lights. When the game warden showed up 40 minutes later, he did a search around the property while joking with my grandpa that there was no way they'd be back anytime soon. He found a blood trail from whatever animal they had been chasing that went by the shed, which probably explains why we heard impact on it. Also found some tire tracks going through the wooded area between the tobacco and corn fields and a bunch of flattened cornstalks leading to the paved road.

My grandparents didn't have a single issue with poachers near the house since then, fwiw

They should have used a shovel

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tendai posted:

And the fact that you can't legally sell/rape them

I assume

Probably. Though what's illegal and what's prosecuted out there has never been one in the same.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I have a flag flying on my lawn and once some traitors on the council said it violated planning regulations so when they sent blacksite repo mercenaries to remove it and I neutralised those tangos in defence of my country.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I never have cause I don't live in a warzone

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
My neighbour shot a huge hole in a dudes head during a home invasion but got a knife through his forearm for his trouble.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Network Pesci posted:

Sounds like 90s rural Georgia life to me. Sorry about poaching your hogs but we were really fuckin hungry.

S'all right. Had you boys just knocked on the door earlier and asked permission we'd have probably even offered to help you. Just don't shoot in the direction of the house or the cow-pens is all. Glad none of ya'll got hurt.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i protected american interests in boy-rape and heroin

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've dissuaded a few unfriendly fellows over the years by simply drawing and holding it by my side until they got the hint. I'm glad I didn't have to shoot them, and that my state doesn't have laws on "brandishing" to gently caress me over with for avoiding the shooty part.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

they'd make a better condom if it wasn't for the big hole in the end

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ArmZ posted:

I don't have to use it for protection, I just have to let people know I have it. That's why I can't stop talking about guns.

maybe that's why no one breaks in your hovel?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darth123123 posted:

maybe that's why no one breaks in your hovel?
if guns are outlawed then outlaws will steal my cheetos!!!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Someone was vandalizing my punk'ns so I took care of the situation with help from TFR.

Edit: oh wait that was some psycho. I DID take the head off a squirrel with a paintball gun, though. That was pretty shocking and made me sad for a bit.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 6, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Crazyeyes posted:

Someone was vandalizing my punk'ns so I took care of the situation with help from TFR.

Edit: oh wait that was some psycho. I DID take the head off a squirrel with a paintball gun, though. That was pretty shocking and made me sad for a bit.

It was spelled puckins

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pumpkins

^^^ gently caress

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

wipeout posted:

Pumpkins

What's that then

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pupkins

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
If you open carry every day, your chances of getting an STD are very low.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

joat mon posted:

If you open carry every day, your chances of getting an STD are very low.

Because you're probably 40+ and married

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

i killed some deer and ate them

same.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Because you're probably 40+ and married
Or 40+ and an eternal virgin.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i am protected

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

you don't need it for "breakin 2?"

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
When I was about 5 my older sister was being a fuckin sjw bitch and wouldn't let me eat any more cookies even though my mom SPECIFICALLY SAID I COULD HAVE 3, so I grabbed the gun my dad keeps under the mattress and defended myself

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I have used my gun for protection if by gun you mean penis and by protection you mean penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Carried a gun on two deployments and didn't die. Suits my needs

• Locked thread