Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Shinjobi posted:

I hope this means the Cardinals have to disband.

actually the cards will just get superpowers and be even more unstoppable :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

ghlbtsk posted:

Missouri loves company

Lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ghlbtsk posted:

Missouri loves company

haha

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

"First of all, from what I understand from geologists that's really rare. If it's a legitimate contamination, the earth has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feranon posted:

actually the cards will just get superpowers and be even more unstoppable :smug:

I actually thought about it and you're probably right. They'd just play through the radiation.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
https://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/3062_001.pdf

Here is the report of the situation.

Serious, I think you guys are 2 months away from being hardcore boned by nuclear ash.

Get out of there.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Show me your Geiger counter

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

after it happens turn STL into some kind of post nuclear role-play attraction, like a big Fallout theme park for LARPers. It'd be huge with the whole zombie survival crowd

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can we nuke Missouri?

give it a few days and you won't have to.

Feranon posted:

after it happens turn STL into some kind of post nuclear role-play attraction, like a big Fallout theme park for LARPers. It'd be huge with the whole zombie survival crowd

The radiation turns The Arch into an interdimensional portal like in RIFTS. Unfortunately, everyone in St Louis city will die. Fortunately, everyone in St Louis County and the Illinois Metro East will die.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bread Dragon posted:

give it a few days and you won't have to.

The radiation turns The Arch into an interdimensional portal like in RIFTS. Unfortunately, everyone in St Louis city will die. Fortunately, everyone in St Louis County and the Illinois Metro East will die.

I'm down for demons and intergalactic beings feasting on the denizens of St Louis County

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the airborne toxic event

lol

thank god delillo will be alive to see it

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
"i'm the revised notes in the .pdf"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

It is extremely funny to me that we as a species have to live with tons of highly toxic man made waste for tens of thousands of years because we got in a dick waving contest with the Soviets for a few decades.

it doesn't last that long

if it does, it isn't that radioactive

seriously coal plants produce way more radioactive material than your average nuke plant and the coal plants just spew that poo poo into the air and water because the regulation is way less stringent. and modern design plants produce even less than older style ones.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Lol they didn'the even think to fire that poo poo into the sun. Dumb fuckers.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Gone Baptizin posted:

"First of all, from what I understand from geologists that's really rare. If it's a legitimate contamination, the earth has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

I didn't get the reference at first, but I get it now. Lol

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Shinjobi posted:

I hope this means the Cardinals have to disband.

the most american thing a man could do would be to win the world series and right as the fireworks begin the nuclear waste dump really close to where human beings who pay taxes actually loving living is ignited by the underground fire near where human begins actually live and they die as THE NUCLEAR CHAMPS of baseball

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

quote:

But the smoldering waste is an unavoidable presence in town, giving off a putrid odor that clouds the air miles away – an overwhelming stench described by one area woman as "rotten eggs mixed with skunk and fertilizer." Residents report smelling it at K-12 school buses, a TGI Fridays and even the operating room of a local hospital. "It smells like dead bodies," observes another local.

LOL Holy poo poo this has been going on since at least 2013

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Why don't they put it out?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

extra stout posted:

the most american thing a man could do would be to win the world series and right as the fireworks begin the nuclear waste dump really close to where human beings who pay taxes actually loving living is ignited by the underground fire near where human begins actually live and they die as THE NUCLEAR CHAMPS of baseball

as a cards fan I'm down for this. get that 12th championship and then put stl out of its long misery

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

corpuscollossus posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

Once it gets deep enough, there is no way to extinguish it.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

corpuscollossus posted:

When you have a slum in sc4 you might as well drop the toxic waste dump there for 350 simoloeons a month extra,what are the poora gonna do, move? :smugdog:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
who cares

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This shits been burning for at least four years lol.

MH370 is buried somewhere in the trash there

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

:gizz:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Just a quick update, they think there are large amounts of thorium and uranium that could be reached. It's classified what was buried there though. Anyways, good luck.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Feranon posted:

everyone who has ever lived in or been to st. louis missouri posted:
who cares

Hmm...what? Cardinals? Yes, Chicago is terrible indeed. *melts into sludge*

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland posted:

LOL Holy poo poo this has been going on since at least 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UFQWKjy_I

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going fishing today. Should I change my plans?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
plan to gain some superpowers

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Residents report smelling it at K-12 school buses, a TGI Fridays and even the operating room of a local hospital.

"Does it smell like a burning corpse in here? You know, more than usual?"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
no wonder the Rams want to leave

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

There wasn't really much else they could do, you could just make more and more shells around the tanks to make them last longer but it's basically just a matter of how many generations they wanted to kick the can down to.

They could have not developed the most horrible weapons technology to ever blight this earth.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hooded Reptile posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

Once it gets deep enough, there is no way to extinguish it.

Just hook a big loving lake up to it and fill the mind with water.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
thought I was in TFF and this was about the Rams moving

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
So basically St. LOUIS Is going to experience don delillos white noise irl? Sounds pretty good, couldn't happen to a better city

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

why in the gently caress is there an underground fire near a nuclear waste disposal site?

Actually the whole concept that radiation is dangerous is a myth propagated by Matt Groening and the Sierra club, maybe you should watch an episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit and learn something for a change.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
They don't put spent fuels in land fills, so it's probably stuff like Hazmat suits or other stuff that's exposed to radiation and has to be specially disposed but isn't all that dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

They could have not developed the most horrible weapons technology to ever blight this earth.

nukes are good

• Locked thread