Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
haha holy poo poo no way

link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
star trek expert got mad about how tall he is irl

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my dick is 6 feet and 2 inches

around

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
senioritis has set in, i was *15* minutes late today and got the serious stinkeye from the office manager

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so i started one of those IRL 'memes' at the office by saying "heh, that's what my ex-wife called me / said" whenever people say phrases that roughly would work with that.

it spread fairly quickly through the office, including upper management.

today, the one guy with an ex-wife (a young 24 year old who married too young) got set up by someone else cheating at MTG and they were like "you're a liar and a cheat and i hate you" and then someone else was like 'aren't you...aren't you gonna say 'that's what my ex-wife called me?" and he's like "no actually because that is what she actually called me and that's getting really awkward" so now we're not allowed to do it anymore.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
luckily i was not in the room when this went down but i heard about it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i guess tori missed that i am quitting, my last day is the 16th and everything is coming up millhouse

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
nah, everything is a meme now.

like how anything even slightly bad is an epic fail

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

You'll find another toxic dump to work in.

no doubt, no doubt

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
are those ballpark franks?

white hots?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I already did those in my previous discrete-time signals class. DFT, DTFT, FFTs, etc.

would you say you're dtf?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

prefect posted:

same thing

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the loving mad man

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
You see I'm six foot one and I'm tons of fun and I dress to a tee
You see I got more clothes than Muhammad Ali and I dress so viciously

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
lol usc's head coach loses against a division rival and they force him into "Rehab" and have already started spreading rumors to fire him

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
$300 raw denim, b0rn shoes, video game t-shirt (it's on of ours so it's okay) and facebook hoodie.

sf chic i believe is what they call it, gonna be slaying all the ladies at my office.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
hey man, there's no reason to spend more than $60 on shoes, that's just stupid. or is that one of those ironic "i spend $800 on each pair of allen edmonds, i have 10 pairs, i never wear the same pair in the same 2 week period, that's just gauche" kind of thing

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
oh i thought we were joking. i'm wearing like $100 5 year old jeans that are super comfy. the rest is true though

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

um there are lots of reasons to spend more than $60 on shoes, the first of which is that they often throw in the laces for free

laces? what are we, in middle school? get velcro like the grown ups so you can focus more on your deposition and less time lacing up your shoes, just smdh lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i once got a "parking in a handicap spot" ticket when I got pulled over for doing a 'legal' you turn, and the cop told me over the loudspeaker to pull over in front of the handicap spot, and then he jumps out and writes me the ticket for parking in the handicap spot.

got out of it by spending 8 hours at court, and there were like 6 other people there for the same thing from the same cop. i bet he got mad bank for figuring out that trick.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I spent 8 hours in the court room and then at 4pm the judge was like "does everyone left have a lawyer?" and we all did, but none of the lawyers were there just then, and then he just said we were all dismissed and banged his gavel and left and a clerk said to stand in a line to get your dismissal paperwork.

law is great.

edit: handicap tickets in dallas are like $900+fees minimum, so it's worth the $100ish for a lawdog for them.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 13, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Panty Saluter posted:

those are neat shoes

keyboard vomit posted:

They're actually terrible

no they're cool, they're called BLAST II

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
merge lf and fyad but make D&D rules apply to both

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
apparently "i can't vote for hillary, she killed vince foster, murderers shouldn't be president" was absolutely 100% the wrong thing to say at work

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
cjs: they hired my replacement and i have to train them for the next 3 days but like, there is nothing to do

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
cjs: super hung over. i went to a fancy japanese whiskey bar last night with some friends from out of town who were on an expense account. so, amazing dinner including a $50 glass of whiskey. thanks papa sergey for that.

then we went downstairs to the bar and I was all "i'll get a round of drinks" and ordered whiskey sours to not spend a lot of money and whoops i'm a moron, they were $26/each.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
today is my last day at work, leaving in a few minutes when I finish backing up my files to the share.

so excited. i feel like i'm going to cry, but in a good way. like when I leave all the stress will be gone.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

BeOSPOS posted:

drink a beer to celebrate

i had one at lunch, on the boss!

who asked if i wanted to work as a contractor and I was like "ehhh maybe"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

i'm not american so this incest stuff is pretty foreign to me

aren't you danish or something where your royal family tree looks like a ladder?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

bump_fn posted:

holy poo poo a dude just came up to the bar and poured the bar olive juice into his drink. it looked like a bloody mary

I do this, idgi? it's just an extra dirty bloody mary

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
first day of unemployment

slept in until 11 and then sold some stuff on craigslist for $1100.

making more money unemployed than i was working.

working is for chumps

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 19, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
gas stoves are so good, the best even.

first day of funemployment:

sold drone i used like 4 times for 90% of amazon retail price, in cash thanks craigslist for not raping and murdering me
called 2 banks and got all the info to get some more of my mom's estate stuff taken care of
got 3 documents notarized, faxed and mailed off to relevant parties from the estate bullshit
packed and mailed 53 of my wife's 3d printing shop orders (holy poo poo halloween is busy), dropped them off at the post office
cleaned the kitchen and did a load of laundry

being a house husband is hard work, and it being 5pm i think I will start drinking heavily

i haven't even played any video games yet

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

you know that's a satire website right?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
"sorry i couldn't make the raid tonight guys, my rear end in a top hat boss made me stay late to count inventory, and then i got wife aggro, heh, you know how that is"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's for full-range paella pans, you loving plebes.

http://www.amazon.com/Ideal-071052-Polished-Paella-2-Inch/dp/B000QYNSTA/

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
other fun ideas for the burner in the middle

massive stock pot for making gallons of broth for at-home pho

making 150,000 jello shots for a house party

bathing a baby in a contained area

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
are the canadian "liberal" party the ultra right wing conservative party like in euro politics?

where the cross-burning ultra right wingers are the "liberal social democrats" and the ultra left wing communists are the "centrist reason party"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
is it the judean people's front who is ultra left wing and the people's front of judea who is ultra right wing nationalist?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
2-3 months till i'm living in lalaland, hell-a, the city that god built, "the city" and i'll be peepin all them babes just like smythe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah i'm from the city
oh nice, which part?

the following are responses i have gotten (i am from rochester ny which is 6 hours from nyc by car)

patterson (3 hours north)
ronkonkoma (1.5 hours east on LI)
new brunswick (in new jersey far out)
new haven (2 hours away in connecticut)

and my favorite:

"staten island, but that doesn't really count i guess"

• Locked thread