Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
I think i just discovered something on a read through: In 82 Chains' description of the first conquest is the demi-urge in the last two panels Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones? They have the same complexion, hair and red third eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Very maybe? Feel free to spin some yarns about it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

The Mentalizer posted:

It definitely looked like she had more than two arms here:

Note the sleeve discrepancy.

We are perhaps looking at an all statements are true scenario.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Fish Noise posted:

Note the sleeve discrepancy.

We are perhaps looking at an all statements are true scenario.

Yeah, it's the sleeve thing that led me to assume she had multiple arms. But she is a blue devil after all, so who's to say she can't just call 'em up when she needs 'em.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

This was very much what I had in mind!

Since you took that one do you mind if I take the other one?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, it's the sleeve thing that led me to assume she had multiple arms. But she is a blue devil after all, so who's to say she can't just call 'em up when she needs 'em.
I agree, it's probably part of her abilities in general. That coat had even more sleeves than Cio had arms when she was introduced. It does make me wonder if there's an upper limit other than what can actually fit in the available space.

The Mentalizer posted:

Since you took that one do you mind if I take the other one?
Don't see how I could! ;-) Have at.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The CYA forum thread version of K6BD had an artifact known as the Coat of Arms whose magic was pretty much granting extra arms on demand to its wearer.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hm. Two new third parties? Or is Zoss 6 Juggernaut's enemy?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what im getting is zoss is juggernaut's enemy, but only because juggernaut is loyal to a power that wants a controlling stake over zoss's successor. he's a "royalist", after all. juggernaut is also under the impression that zaid is the successor, which still leaves us with exactly two people in throne who are in on the actual workings of the sitch.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 14, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, that's interesting. I wonder who Juggernaut Star's master is, though, if he thinks that the successor will bow to his will. Heck, that he'd be willing to serve him like this. Presumably it's someone powerful, but not one of the demiurges since he wants them dead, and also presumably not 2 Michael. All the gods are dead, as far as we know, meanwhile, so... Hm.

Oh, by the way, meta-evidence to Allison being the successor that I forgot in the earlier discussion: When Zoss first calls her by "name", we don't know it's a name. It's the first time we've seen it outside of the title, so it looks like a command, rather than her name. Then, though, we hear the prophecy, and that the successor's name will be "Kill Six Billion Demons", and Zoss's earlier line suddenly gains new meaning. It's narratively making it pretty explicit that it's Allison, even panning outwards to reveal Allison standing there as the name is being said by Jadis, while also illustrating the demiurges' ignorance of the matter.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 14, 2015

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I love J-Star's bike skeletons humping their own components across the angelscape

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ixjuvin posted:

I love J-Star's bike skeletons humping their own components across the angelscape

That's a great detail. Also, didn't think much of it before, but he's confirming that it was indeed him who struck down Zoss. So that's fun.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I agree, it's probably part of her abilities in general. That coat had even more sleeves than Cio had arms when she was introduced. It does make me wonder if there's an upper limit other than what can actually fit in the available space.

Don't see how I could! ;-) Have at.

I just figure it doesn't hurt to be polite since you were the one who requested it in the first place. Thanks!

E: and thanks again Cryophage for avatar-izing the pic.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 16, 2015

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

That's a great detail. Also, didn't think much of it before, but he's confirming that it was indeed him who struck down Zoss. So that's fun.

Im still not clear on how a non-prime angel managed to kill The Conquering King :black101:

Edit: Intentional repetition of the Holy Suicide? "a king has his reign, then he dies." "the king is dead long live the king" etc

Yadoppsi fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 16, 2015

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Is there any particular reason (other than Zoss' God-like powers) that he shouldn't be able to? According to 6 Juggernaut's story he didn't become 'true royalty' (at which point he ascended to his position as king of all creation/new God) until he spoke to Metatron. If he was able to smite the prime angels before acquiring the full power of Yisun then it seems like an igneous angel should be able to cut his head off, God-king or not. But maybe there's some detail I missed or forgot, or I'm misinterpreting the story (which, being a goon, is quite possible).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Mentalizer posted:

Is there any particular reason (other than Zoss' God-like powers) that he shouldn't be able to? According to 6 Juggernaut's story he didn't become 'true royalty' (at which point he ascended to his position as king of all creation/new God) until he spoke to Metatron. If he was able to smite the prime angels before acquiring the full power of Yisun then it seems like an igneous angel should be able to cut his head off, God-king or not. But maybe there's some detail I missed or forgot, or I'm misinterpreting the story (which, being a goon, is quite possible).

It just seems unlikely in the context of what we know about Zoss' absurd level of supernatural badassery.

At the moment I'm inclined to believe Zoss let it happen. I fully expect it to be more complicated than that by far.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well, it was kind of a bushwhack.

ive sort of been thinking that zoss isnt actually dead. he was alive enough to appear to allison in the spirit world or whatever that place was, and gog-agog survived having her head blown off with minimal inconvenience. i think hes just laying low.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

ive sort of been thinking that zoss isnt actually dead. he was alive enough to appear to allison in the spirit world or whatever that place was, and gog-agog survived having her head blown off with minimal inconvenience. i think hes just laying low.

Zoss is a just a dude while I'm pretty sure Gog-Agog is a mass of psychic worms in the shape of a person.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zoss probably had the element of suprise while the angels had been sitting on their asses for untold ages.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 16, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think he's dead but if you have enough will you can hold yourself together in the void for a while after you die.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Hold on.

Juggernaut Star posted:

The New King meets my master and comes into his kingdom. Singularity restored. Clean.
That feels like a very specific word choice.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It certainly fits with his stated desire to wipe heaven clean and restore the simplicity of a time from before Zoss showed up and wrecked the place like some kind of crusty supernatural squatter.

E:

I had the same thought. Something like they cut off his head and killed him, but his spirit is still wandering the void. Or perhaps the master key he stuffed into Allison's head still retains a part of his soul from when it was forged, which can manifest when she's hanging out in the void.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It just seems unlikely in the context of what we know about Zoss' absurd level of supernatural badassery.

At the moment I'm inclined to believe Zoss let it happen. I fully expect it to be more complicated than that by far.

Oh yeah, I think it would definitely have to be either a seize the moment when his guard is down kind of thing or Zoss specifically leaving himself open for whatever reason. I just meant that from a practical standpoint, it seems reasonable that an angel would be able to do the job of separating his head from his shoulders given the right opportunity to do so.

It's funny, I'm not usually one for speculating about stuff like this but there's something about this story and these characters that tweaks the dork part of my brain into thinking about all the weird little details.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 16, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So are we saying that Creation is YIS and UN is wanting to unmake all?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

All is YISUN to begin with, so the whole comic is just one really drawn out internal debate

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Minor thing, but how thin Juggernaut Star is stands out to me. Despite being a kingslaying badass, his figure is sticklike. He's almost skeletal, and unlike some of the other angels we've seen in the Void, even the inhuman ones, he doesn't look like a living thing at all. He's even lacking in eyes ; almost every other angel seems to have them, well, everywhere, but he has two empty sockets. No wings either, another thing pretty much every other angel we've seen in the Void has had. I wonder why he's so different; it's not just being a Thorn Knight, is it? He's utterly unlike any other angel we've seen.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that an angel's actions and beliefs and feelings affect what they look like. this is why white chain looks very much like a feminine human.

being a follower of the path of thorns probably has a fairly recognizable set of effects on an angel's flame soul; as the apparent leader(?) of that sect of angels, it would make sense for juggernaut star to look really, really hosed up

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Minor thing, but how thin Juggernaut Star is stands out to me. Despite being a kingslaying badass, his figure is sticklike. He's almost skeletal, and unlike some of the other angels we've seen in the Void, even the inhuman ones, he doesn't look like a living thing at all. He's even lacking in eyes ; almost every other angel seems to have them, well, everywhere, but he has two empty sockets. No wings either, another thing pretty much every other angel we've seen in the Void has had. I wonder why he's so different; it's not just being a Thorn Knight, is it? He's utterly unlike any other angel we've seen.

He does have wings. Or he did. You can see the stubs sticking out of his back.

Angels are defined by the shells they take outside of the Void. An angel creating and modifying its own shell isn't just a hideous taboo, it mutilates the angel's true form as well. That's why Juggernaut's body has been compressed and warped and sharpened all over. He's literally bending himself out of shape.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
heres one to think on - in addition to looking human, metatron bleeds. theres something fleshy under his shell.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that's in the void; that's metatron's true form, uncovered by armour.

i wonder, did the prime angels that zoss pursued into the void and double-murdered cease to exist, or do angels slain in the void reincarnate

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
Maybe that's why we see all these huge seemingly lifeless angels floating around the void, they're meant to reincarnate after being destroyed in the physical world, but maybe they never learned how to reincarnate into the void. Although 2 Michael does present an issue on that front.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

fleshy echidna posted:

Maybe that's why we see all these huge seemingly lifeless angels floating around the void, they're meant to reincarnate after being destroyed in the physical world, but maybe they never learned how to reincarnate into the void. Although 2 Michael does present an issue on that front.

They're reincarnating, it just takes a long-rear end time. A proper shell takes millennia to grow. A Thorn Knight can hammer one out over a weekend.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Oxxidation posted:

They're reincarnating, it just takes a long-rear end time. A proper shell takes millennia to grow. A Thorn Knight can hammer one out over a weekend.

Is that why Michael's new body is much smaller than his Prime body? Did he rush the process and grow a tiny body to get back in the action early?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Where's my update?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Where's my update?

You're about seven hours early.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Where's my update?

News flash: Forums poster "ReagaNOMNOMicks" is actually a really small female dog! More at 11~!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

ElMaligno posted:

News flash: Forums poster "ReagaNOMNOMicks" is actually a really small female dog! More at 11~!

:shittydog:

Holy poo poo an actual use for that thing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 30, 2018

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ultimate evil or follower of YISUN's most devout student?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
reach heaven through motorcycles

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

reach heaven through motorcycles

Oh, so that's what Alison's game is going to be—card games on motorcycles.

ALISON: "I think I'd rather play a card game standing completely still, on the ground."

CIO: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

(Actually I guess she would probably say "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Allison 5-Aces