Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Delicious isn't getting broken on the wheel, she's getting broken with a wheel. Blunt force trauma by means of ophanim. That is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The background Thorns are really weak by this comic's design standards.They're all the same.

For a group who worship uniformity, purity, and sterility, that's to be expected.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Thorns in the concordance (or wherever Michael was) all had different appearances.

I kinda wonder if it's an artistic choice, or if they're all the same person... Or perhaps joining with the Thorns isn't a voluntary process and this is how they look in the void because of that

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiderdrake posted:

The Thorns in the concordance (or wherever Michael was) all had different appearances.

I kinda wonder if it's an artistic choice, or if they're all the same person... Or perhaps joining with the Thorns isn't a voluntary process and this is how they look in the void because of that

I don't know; Juggernaut Star's armor (that's him striking off Zoss's head) matches his form in the Void rather well. Extremely well, really; I think it's meant to be pretty clear that his body is shaped to fit inside of his armor. Which raises the question of what's going on with all these other Thorn Knights because none of the ones we've seen the armor of were missing their heads. They're not 100% uniform (one even has a floating ring where its head would be), either. It's strange, to say the least. Is Juggernaut Star unique amongst the Thorn Knights, or is there something special/weird about these headless guys?

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 24, 2015

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
They are stuffing angels into a corpse to create a god again. There is no way this turns out badly for anyone.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Are angels leaking out, or are angels getting shoved in? Either way, metal as hell.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

I don't know; Juggernaut Star's armor (that's him striking off Zoss's head) matches his form in the Void rather well. Extremely well, really; I think it's meant to be pretty clear that his body is shaped to fit inside of his armor. Which raises the question of what's going on with all these other Thorn Knights because none of the ones we've seen the armor of were missing their heads. They're not 100% uniform (one even has a floating ring where its head would be), either. It's strange, to say the least. Is Juggernaut Star unique amongst the Thorn Knights, or is there something special/weird about these headless guys?

Perhaps they've shaped themselves into headlessness as part of becoming fanatic royal guards in particular.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I will admit, I didn't expect "thnk" to be the sound of an angel being bludgeoned to death by a lava skeleton angel wielding a spiked, flaming, spinning wheel angel.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF posted:

Perhaps they've shaped themselves into headlessness as part of becoming fanatic royal guards in particular.

Yeah, despite me throwing out the suggestion I'm pretty sure Juggernaut Star isn't unique for actually matching his armor; there's something weird with these guys, whatever it is. Pretty sure if we encountered more "normal" Thorns they'd fit into their armor more or less perfectly as well.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Where did Metatron 1's hair go? Can a suit of divine armor go bald, or did some enterprising soul pry it off his scalp?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cryophage posted:

Where did Metatron 1's hair go? Can a suit of divine armor go bald, or did some enterprising soul pry it off his scalp?

Metatron hid the Names under its hairpiece.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jesus christ how horrifying

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

New page! :toot:

I love how different all the demons look from each other; in general the variety of the comic's characters is wonderful.

(Also Cio isn't having a good time)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tiny demon stole Cio's hat.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I wonder how devil liquor even effects a human shade. Allison might have the advantage here!

Or because she's a college student.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I dunno man, she's from LA. This might be an even contest.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
A bit of no longer canon stuff from the MSPA forums that spawned KSBD.

Allison get's stuffed into what is more or less a demon's dag of holding.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

Or because she's a college student.

She may be a college student, but she's a total nerd.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MikeJF posted:

She may be a college student, but she's a total nerd.

Total nerds still drink in college.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Total nerds still drink in college.

Oh yeah, I've met engineers.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

According to 5-86 she's a not quite law student. And a total weeb.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Judging by ADTRW's reception of Drinking Girls, total weebs also enjoy drinking.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Wow I did a little re-read of K6BD, and I only just now realized that a bunch of the characters and quotes in the author's notes story time section are from comments.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

As a total nerd, a recovering weeb, competitive aggressive hugger, workout buff, OP and a drunk sailor I loving love drinking and getting drunk.

Which is why I quit drinking.

Edit: Ironically I barely drank in college

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Wow I did a little re-read of K6BD, and I only just now realized that a bunch of the characters and quotes in the author's notes story time section are from comments.

Crowdsourced profundity, man. It's a little weird how well it's worked.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wiegieman posted:

Crowdsourced profundity, man. It's a little weird how well it's worked.

I'm sort of surprised how with only a few exceptions random internet nerds have nailed the style, either operant is actually a sorceror bending cosmic laws to his will or he's moderating the poo poo out of 10,000 "first"s and discussions on which demons are the most fuckable ever time he updates

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 31, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm sort of surprised how with only a few exceptions random internet nerds have nailed the style, either operant is actually a sorceror bending cosmic laws to his will or he's moderating the poo poo out of 10,000 "first"s and discussions on which demons are the most fuckable ever time he updates

A narrow perspective. Both are true.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Why do the blue masked demons seem to be the most homogeneous?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A.o.D. posted:

Why do the blue masked demons seem to be the most homogeneous?

I'm not sure, but it also raises another question: Why is Cio so much bigger than every other "imp"? They're all pretty small, while she, though not big, is human-sized.

I also wonder when we're going to learn more about her having apparently stolen a key; how and why did she do it, and is that it still in her head? If so, why does she still have it and isn't targeted by, well, everyone for having it? If White Chain was aware of it then presumably others are as well.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cio doesn't have that many names, either. Maybe she just likes being a Blue devil.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Roland Jones posted:

I'm not sure, but it also raises another question: Why is Cio so much bigger than every other "imp"? They're all pretty small, while she, though not big, is human-sized.

Don't forget about Number 1. He's not quite human sized, but he's close to Cio's size. I think we're just not seeing them at the moment; maybe the little ones are just more plentiful?

E: Actually, now that I think about it his mask is red so I guess he's not the same as Cio. I guess I mixed him up because of his skin so the question still stands.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 1, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maybe it has to do with their relative power or experience?

Has he ever hinted at what happens to a demon when they're ousted from Throne as Angels are?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

And how does she feel to have so many small, naked versions of herself running around?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

Maybe they can control their upgrades and she likes being a big blue rather than a small red.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Yeah, I'm guessing Cio is an example of a relatively old / powerful Blue Devil, and the little nekked ones are young / weak. Presumably age and power also brings individuality, and you've also got to figure that most of what really distinguishes Cio from other blue devils (aside from her size) is trappings - clothes, jewelry and other trinkets, sunglasses, cigarettes, and so on. While the "older" devils seem to be more "intrinsically" individual, with different faces, body forms, and such.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
she's a fanfiction writer, so she clearly has a unique and convoluted backstory that makes her incredibly special among ymps

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
her angelsona is 93 Original Character, Do Not Steal

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Update: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-26/

I love where this is going.
Cheating is traditional.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Suddenly, it's a musical. This is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
~let's get down to business~