Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

what did you think of it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
POORLY

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

didnt see it

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
It was another bad Adam Sandler movie just like his last 5. I don't see why it made everyone extra-upset, maybe they had high hopes that their hobby would be well-represented which makes them DUMB

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know better than to see Adam Sandler movies.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
fortunately, i live in a city in which showings of "limited release" films outnumber "wide release" hollywood crap.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

fortunately, i live in a city in which showings of "limited release" films outnumber "wide release" hollywood crap.

tell us more about the inside of your own rear end in a top hat

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

je1 healthcare posted:

It was another bad Adam Sandler movie just like his last 5. I don't see why it made everyone extra-upset, maybe they had high hopes that their hobby would be well-represented which makes them DUMB

lmbo

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Paul blare 2 was okay deal with it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
8 Crazy Nights 2: 10 Circumcisions

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_UQRn3wDyQ

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

They don't even have the energy to get angry at Adam Sandler anymore.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it was a dumb movie, very silly, but it wasnt like offensively bad like a lot of sammler joints. it was just dumb and silly. kinda fun. parts of it looked cool and it was a pleasant way to fall asleep.

its too bad they had that cool tiny man from the medieval rape show and didn't do anything cool with him, if they dropped sammler's love interest and just focused on that dude more it would have been cool but i understand why sammler makes movies where he gets to kiss pretty love interests, its a logical thing to do i guess.

the end was really creepy though, how the weird fat guy (not the mall cop, the other weird fat guy) made the lil coobert guy turn into his sex object fantasy thing so he could have sex with it. it was weird, even in the movie they actually had characters state out loud "this is creepy and weird and probably gross and wrong" but nah dude fucks the coobert lady and makes baby cooberts. weird.

all the scenes where they fight pixelly monsters were cool to watch i thought. the centipede thingy was fun, watchin them big ol' guys eatin buildings and stuff. the pac man thing was cool too with the lil minicooper ghosts, sort of a good idea i guess. and the end, with the king kong game, that was neat too i guess. interesting concepts, some cool stuff to look at/watch, its too bad it was a "sammler and his friends" movie because maybe with a different cast of people who care about making good movies it wouldhave been a better thing to watch. stil though its kinda dumb how people lost their poo poo about this movie and said it was like the most offensive movie in the world, that seems like hyperbole to me because ive definitely seen worse movies than this. people complain too much.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Wow a movie about Pac-Man invading the Earth was not good? I AM SHOCKED

Gatekeeper posted:

the end was really creepy though, how the weird fat guy (not the mall cop, the other weird fat guy) made the lil coobert guy turn into his sex object fantasy thing so he could have sex with it. it was weird, even in the movie they actually had characters state out loud "this is creepy and weird and probably gross and wrong" but nah dude fucks the coobert lady and makes baby cooberts. weird.

If there is anything in this movie that is not weird, it's the introverted computer nerd who mods his skyrims game to put titties in it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I SHOULD KNOW

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Flesh Forge posted:

Wow a movie about Pac-Man invading the Earth was not good? I AM SHOCKED

nah it was good. well, it was ok. but it wasn't like, bad, just kinda meh

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
who tf watches sandler movies idgi

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
a movie for kids themed on crappy video games that their dads played? do it!

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

didn't see it, don't want to. it was probably bad.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I didn't watch it but it looked lke fune for the WHOLE family so A+ Adam Sandler

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i mean it works for transformers right?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
0. Old videogames happen.
1. Decades later Futurama has an episode with some old videogame references.
2. An aspiring artist makes a YouTube video based on it.
3. Adam Sandler makes a feature lenght adaptation of said video.

literally bottom of the barrel

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't even make it to 10 minutes, turned it off after like 8:20. You can't have a comedy movie without any comedy Adam Sandler.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland posted:

They don't even have the energy to get angry at Adam Sandler anymore.

why does that bald guy keep ruining everything

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

a bone to pick posted:

I couldn't even make it to 10 minutes, turned it off after like 8:20. You can't have a comedy movie without any comedy Adam Sandler.

But he's been doing that for decades?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
isn't the president that fat guy w/ a fat wife and there's a scene where they dance around a cake

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

isn't the president that fat guy w/ a fat wife and there's a scene where they dance around a cake

i dont remmber u being in the movie. !hrheheheheheh!

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
"oowallytabbydabbysobbydadoooo!!!"

"Ayyyyyashabbbidedont!"

*earns $490 million dollars at theaters*

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like adam sandle a lot. hes funny and topical

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lonesomedwarf posted:

i like adam sandle a lot. hes funny and topical

i must repsectufuky diageree sir. hes a barf. namaste

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I doubted the sfx was going to be enough to carry the movie so I didnt watch it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
heya sony execs i have an idea for a movie it's called minecraft, it's about whatever you want as long as it's called minecraft you have just made infinity money

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its a really good Adam Sandler movie, thus its loving trash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

abigserve posted:

heya sony execs i have an idea for a movie it's called minecraft, it's about whatever you want as long as it's called minecraft you have just made infinity money

Thats already being done, you missed your pitch.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Kevin James really stole the show, what a hilarious guy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

abigserve posted:

Pretty much every video game that has some sort of public recognition has had its movie rights snapped up and some producer somewhere is trying to get actors and a director attached to it so a studio will greenlight the project.

There's a loving Angry Birds movie coming out next May:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U2DKKqxHgE

Not to mention Ratchet + Clank and Sly Cooper. Does anyone even remember Sly Cooper any more? Doesn't loving matter, we're getting a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y_cY_miDxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbXEKZVonko

All these other video games are also in some stage of movie development:

quote:

Assassin's Creed
Asteroids
Deus Ex
Devil May Cry
Far Cry
Five Nights at Freddy's
Ghost Recon
God of War
Gran Turismo
Heavy Rain
Kane & Lynch
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid
Missile Command
Mortal Kombat (again)
Rabbids
Resident Evil (again)
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Sims
Splinter Cell
Tetris
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Warcraft
Watch Dogs

The Tetris movie is headed up by Larry Kasanoff who produced the Mortal Kombat films and True Lies but who also produced C.H.U.D. II - Bud the Chud, Ghoulies Go to College and was the writer/director/producer behind Goon favourite poo poo-tastic animated film Foodfight.

There was a Rollercoaster Tycoon script being pitched around Hollywood by David Ronn and Jay Scherick (writers on I Spy, Norbit, Zookeeper, Smurfs, Smurfs 2 and Smurfs 3) which was described as "Night at the Museum meets Disney World". Sony picked it up back in 2010 and attached Harald Zwart (director of Agent Cody Banks, The Pink Panther 2 and the The Karate Kid remake) as executive producer and that was the last anyone heard of it. Ronn & Scherick then went on to write the Kevin James film Zookeeper.

Back in 2009 there was a four way bidding war between studios to secure the rights to the 1979 arcade game Asteroids. Universal won and since then they've hired and fired three different writers and hired a fourth earlier this year.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Why make a MGS movie when most of the games are basically a movie anyway? Besides the obvious reason of $$$$$$$

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i didnt think of it :smug:

• Locked thread