Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
yeah it was good i liked the video game refrences i remember those gamse

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't and they'd probably confuse me if i were to ever see this movie

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Obligatory Handle posted:

Why make a MGS movie when most of the games are basically a movie anyway? Besides the obvious reason of $$$$$$$

america's thirst for retarded japanese poo poo is unquenchable

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

quote:

Assassin's Creed
Asteroids
Deus Ex
Devil May Cry
Far Cry
Five Nights at Freddy's
Ghost Recon
God of War
Gran Turismo
Heavy Rain
Kane & Lynch
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid
Missile Command
Mortal Kombat (again)
Rabbids
Resident Evil (again)
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Sims
Splinter Cell
Tetris
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Warcraft
Watch Dogs
The ones that are legit confusing are the ones that're based on games that are basically movies to begin with. Uncharted is literally notIndianaJones- like if you decided to continue the Indiana Jones franchise with Mutt as the MC you could change some names and a couple minor circumstances and Uncharted would work perfectly. In the first game you literally fight zombified nazis.

Also there was a Far Cry movie already, I think made by Uwe "I punched out Lowtax" Boll.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fun fact: video game movies are almost always made by taking a generic script and plugging in character names.

Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi script = Super Mario Bros

Secret Agent vs. Demons script = Max Payne

Generic Bond ripoff = Hitman

Studio writers don't give a poo poo. They just write drafts and wait for a property to be acquired.

The alternative is passion projects, like Peter Jackson and Del Toro working on Halo and Metroid, where a decent script is written but the film budget would be absurdly high.

You will never see a good video game movie because studios have zero interest in investing in a "genre" with a terrible track record. Because no one put effort into Max Payne and it sucked and lost money, that means a good Zelda or Dead Space or Metroid movie would also suck and lose money no matter who made it or how much effort was put in.

In sports terms, movie studios wouldn't draft Tom Brady because Tim Tebow is a poo poo quarterback. But they heard there's big money in place kickers these days.

Also, video games are stupid poo poo for dumb babies.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Didn't the Sony leaks imply that they kinda hate Sandler?

He's only good to them if he makes them money.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Obligatory Handle posted:

"oowallytabbydabbysobbydadoooo!!!"

"Ayyyyyashabbbidedont!"

*earns $490 million dollars at theaters*

With jews, you lose

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cant wait for the world of warcraft movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"To defeat Packman, I must gently caress Packman" -Allan Sandwich, Pacmans

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I would watch a movie based on Bayonetta provided they make no attempt to make it comprehensible in any way.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

custers revenge shows up in it? c/d plz

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

guidoanselmi posted:

sandler is custer and the native woman is your wallet/brain

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the first person scene from doom was p hilarious did sandy do that in this

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

video game movie stuff

So the Angry Birds movie is about a bird with anger issues, getting therapy for said issues.

I think I'll pass and wait for Candy Crush starring lovesick peppermints.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

guidoanselmi posted:

i almost bought an in-box copy of custers revenge until my fiance bitched me out over it

i mean in my mind owning the only 8-bit interactive imperialist rape erotica known to man would be funny, but apparently women have no sense of history

it would still be less shameful than having watched pixeles

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

when's the video game based on the adam sandler movie "pixels" supposed to come out

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

i almost bought an in-box copy of custers revenge until my fiance bitched me out over it

i mean in my mind owning the only 8-bit interactive imperialist rape erotica known to man would be funny, but apparently women have no sense of history

Seriously, your fiance got upset over a less-than-8-bit atari rape?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr. Pumroy posted:

when's the video game based on the adam sandler movie "pixels" supposed to come out

They've been releasing them for decades. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Centipede, all the classics, every one of them has been part of a vast viral marketing campaign leading up to this movie.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

And then you walk around Universal and Paramount and there are guys in suits looking smug and cocky. Hey, the only thing that comes out of those buildings is semi-solid diarrhea. You should be hanging your head in shame while caressing a gun.

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Just pretend the main character in Retro City Rampage is Adam Sandler.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Ryoshi posted:

poo poo's rare and the collector in me would love to have it and never play it. How would she feel about a boxed copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Halloween?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AbbadonOfHell posted:

poo poo's rare and the collector in me would love to have it and never play it. How would she feel about a boxed copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Halloween?

plz have a little respect for the real life victims of the texas chainsaw massacre

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

AbbadonOfHell posted:

yeah i know right?

she would be fine with those because there's less rapes of native peoples in them

i mean there was also a boxed copy of Bachelor Party there but who gives a gently caress about that nobody's heard of any grody atari games other than custer's revenge

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

BeefThief posted:

what did you think of it??

It reminds me of the poo poo I took this morning. I can't wait to see what else he cooks up, in particular that gem where he pissed off all the Injun' extras.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Lol if you give even one penny of your money to noted art criminal Adam "Shithead" Sandler.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Mr. Pumroy posted:

I want to play as adam sandler.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Davethulhu posted:

Lol if you give even one penny of your money to noted art criminal Adam "Shithead" Sandler.

Happy Gilmore was p. funny.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

i thought winona ryder was very pretty in mister deeds whne it came out

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think Click was Adam Sandler's last not-bad movie, I'm not going to say it was good but it was at least entertaining.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

in retrospect i actually really liked mr deeds, i'd mentally shelved away with other bad adam sandler movies

it wsa goofy as poo poo in a fun way

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

a bone to pick posted:

I think Click was Adam Sandler's last not-bad movie, I'm not going to say it was good but it was at least entertaining.

Its actually kind of incredible how much better that movie was than the trailers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

mister deeds, a movie i mostly disliked on release and am remembering fondly, is the polar opposite of fifty first dates, which i thought was fun while watching it but every time ive thought of it since then the entire basic premise of the film is even more repugnant

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

As I understand it this movie exists because Adam Sandler saw Wreck-It Ralph and was like "I should do that!" except he did it way worse because that's the only way he knows how to do anything

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

more like a-dumb bad-movies

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I remember liking Happy Gilmore a lot, and a few of the other ones that he made when I was like 11

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

his early movies usually have one good scene in them maybe two if youre feeling generous but the later ones are irredeemable from a cinematic ppoint of view but successful and another word that is a synonym to the word successful from a purely financial perspective. i liek the photo from earlier in the thread where he looks really sad and bad and worn out. its funny to me because hes a stupid jerk well goodnights

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
a good start!!!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

a good start!!!

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

I remember liking Happy Gilmore a lot, and a few of the other ones that he made when I was like 11

That's because he had the mental capacity of an 11 year old at the time, now his mind has probably matured to like 17.

• Locked thread