Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Applewhite posted:

The search for a high quality copy of BASS was my personal quest from 2004-2006. It only ended when the SCUMM-VM version was released. Now of course you can get it on GoG.com for practically nothing.

I even had a brief correspondence with Dave Cummings about the possibility of a sequel, but he said they were too focused on the next Broken Sword.

the wiki entry doesn't provide much more info

email him again

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

its been years since i last played this

drat maybe its time for replay

I couldn't get high enough for the end sequence to make much sense.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I think Harlan Ellison intended that the player is tripping on LSD or DMT while playing the last part

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Applewhite posted:

Hate, in a billion miles of hate, there's ten billion trillion tons of hatred. If every ounce of hatred weighed eleventy quadrillion tons, it still wouldn't equal one septillionth of the number of ultra mega hatred units I hold for each of your individual atoms. Hate. HATE!!!!!!!!!!!1111one one one exclamation point! -The Bad Computer

Yew mock but that passage in the story owns. Computer can just barely even express how much he loathes us fools. But he does and without any profanity even and its gud. It's like the biggest "yup, it is certainly sentient. Also filled with piss and vinegar but sentient" checkmate ever written.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I have no mouth but I can still give handies

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Protip: You can't really make the game unwinnable since you can always just "die" and then start the character's story again. But then when you finish the stories you can and probably will make the final scene unwinnable unless you do it perfectly so you probably want to save the game before then and just get a guide.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Applewhite posted:

Hate, in a billion miles of hate, there's ten billion trillion tons of hatred. If every ounce of hatred weighed eleventy quadrillion tons, it still wouldn't equal one septillionth of the number of ultra mega hatred units I hold for each of your individual atoms. Hate. HATE!!!!!!!!!!!1111one one one exclamation point! -The Bad Computer

I'm giggling like an imbecile

I am an imbecile and I must giggle

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
oh yeah, the game has some wicked sweet tunes, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ri9smvKJY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ive never felt the same way about mountains since

• Locked thread