Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
mm operator is what i call myself when i thihnk of myself doing spy things

gonna operate this can opener for my spaghetti os dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

jk i just use the same spoon im gonna eat with to pry up the easy open tab

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no heating necssary this is as close as you come to MREs without the real thing

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

brizna we get it. grats buddy. you get the troll of the day award.

You know who else has Zs in his name?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hitzler?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
bob zimmerman, american troubadour.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
coach z

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
billy zane in titanic

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
yeah let's get this poo poo political so I have no choice but to gas it

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
Yes, and how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i just rewatched titanic a couple years ago when it came out in 3d and i was really surprised 1) by how bad a dude billy zane was 2) by how bad his underling was! holy!!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i didn't fire a gun until like a year ago when some buds were like "hey dude you've never shot a gun wanna come to range with us and shoot some guns?" and it was pretty fuckin fun

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

As was already alluded to earlier in the thread, I think a significant portion of the gun debate revolves around the urban/rural divide in American culture. City-dwellers have a hard time wrapping their heads around what is generally seen as a rural behavior or linked with "thug violence." Therefore most people who are strongly anti-gun are also racists.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As was already alluded to earlier in the thread, I think a significant portion of the gun debate revolves around the urban/rural divide in American culture. City-dwellers have a hard time wrapping their heads around what is generally seen as a rural behavior or linked with "thug violence." Therefore most people who are strongly anti-gun are also racists.

we should shoot them for being unaccepting imo

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Robo Reagan posted:

we should shoot them for being unaccepting imo

I should shoot you

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i want to die so go ahead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
NO, nobody shoot

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

NO, nobody shoot

No, EVERYBODY shoot

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
well gently caress

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a dog from hell posted:

You should ask ralp to ban me.

Just post a thread with this tag!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

gunds

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

if you have an instant knee jerk aversion to guns you're a big soft bellied baby

if you have a gun fetish and base part of your identity around it you're a hosed up weirdo

maybe... maybe the answer lies somewhere in the middle

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

wow a .22 careful where you aim it or you might take out an engine bloc or something

Do you know what a prairie dog is

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
me neither. But I'm from germany so I guess its not that surprising.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kibato posted:

me neither. But I'm from germany so I guess its not that surprising.

theyre vicious beasts best taken out with heavy artillery rather than risk anyone getting close

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
in iraq I carried an m4 with a 203. the 203 is really, really fun to shoot imo, even when you're only shooting smoke or dummy rounds. the *thunk* is really satisfying, both the sound and the feeling of it, especially compared to the wet fart that is the m4's *pfnt*

during my second deployment I didn't get a 203 and I was really disappointed but I barely got to shoot at anything the entire time anyway :(

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
oh the 240 is also really fun to shoot.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
youve never fired a gun to taake a life you mean op? surily you have fired of a warn shoot

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
When i was deployed in Iraq Operation Desert Thunder I was outfitted (kitted) with a M27... chambers the 890 slug with extra powder for enhance stop power. i use it for shooting and i still have it of course because they let you take your guns home to protect the home front after you are discharged (drummed out)

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

i've fired two (2) different guns in my life

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

oh the 240 is also really fun to shoot.

Truth. I have a feeling the 249 would have been fun to shoot if we didn't have to use loving 30 round mags for it.

M2 is a poo poo ton of fun to shoot from a moving helicopter

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

Truth. I have a feeling the 249 would have been fun to shoot if we didn't have to use loving 30 round mags for it.

what? Why the gently caress would you have to use STANAGs? The 249 usually strips the follower out and wrecks the mag.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

what? Why the gently caress would you have to use STANAGs? The 249 usually strips the follower out and wrecks the mag.

Marine Air Wing, dude.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

Marine Air Wing, dude.

drat

the nutsack is love, the nutsack is life

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

ho9w do you recommend i get started pls recommend i am looking to getting into this sickness

You should always start with a .22 so youre arms aren't shocked & dismayed by a powerful explosion....

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

I had no idea anyone still mounted M2's on helicopters. that does sound like a lot more fun than a 134 or a 240.

but seriously why would you use 30 round mags on a 249???

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I had no idea anyone still mounted M2's on helicopters. that does sound like a lot more fun than a 134 or a 240.

but seriously why would you use 30 round mags on a 249???

Marine Reserve 53s and 46s had M2s up until 08 atleast

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
and not being a marine I don't even know what those are

I just googled them both but yeah I have never seen one of either of those

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
they had us fire black powder rifles at boy scouts but i didnt like them being a tiny child who didnt like loud noises. archery was really fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I went shooting for the first time last year. I fired a .22 revolver, a Glock 19, and some kind of 9mm Sig Sauer. I was surprised at how little recoil the .22 had, I was expecting more. And then when I fired the 9mm I was surprised at how much more it kicked than the .22. I liked the Sig the best, the Glock jammed a few times and loading the magazine was terrible, it resisted like crazy and I don't think I ever got more than 9 or 10 rounds in what I think was an 18 round mag. The Sig loaded like smooth creamy butter. I was an okay shot, but I noticed when I did miss it was always down and to the left of where I was aiming. I dunno if it was my stance or how I was squeezing the trigger or what. Overall it was a lot of fun and I'd love to do it more.

Well that's my story. Thanks for listening guys.

• Locked thread