Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Shooting guns is p neat OP but if you don't want to do it that's cool, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I've never not fired a gun.

It's pretty boring at this point, 30 years after I blasted my way out of my mother's uterus and just never stopped shooting. It's hard to date or hold down a job. Consider yourself lucky, OP.

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

guns seem kind of cool but i grew up in a household where we didn't own guns or hunt. i've just never really had any desire to :shrug:

I would recommend it. Go to a firing range and rent a gun and some bullets. Nothing quite like it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Assassin posted:

I went shooting for the first time last year. I fired a .22 revolver, a Glock 19, and some kind of 9mm Sig Sauer. I was surprised at how little recoil the .22 had, I was expecting more. And then when I fired the 9mm I was surprised at how much more it kicked than the .22. I liked the Sig the best, the Glock jammed a few times and loading the magazine was terrible, it resisted like crazy and I don't think I ever got more than 9 or 10 rounds in what I think was an 18 round mag. The Sig loaded like smooth creamy butter. I was an okay shot, but I noticed when I did miss it was always down and to the left of where I was aiming. I dunno if it was my stance or how I was squeezing the trigger or what. Overall it was a lot of fun and I'd love to do it more.

Well that's my story. Thanks for listening guys.

It's because as a man your left nut hangs that way you have to compensate for nuttage

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I shot a bunch of guns in Thailand, I am not an american but i totally get the appeal

i shot some type of semi automatic black policeman style gun, and then i shot a double action revolver and then an m16 and then a shotgun, it was real fun but also maybe felt a little unbecoming

i'm gonna go to cambodia soon, there is a place where i can shoot an M60 and a bazooka, should i do these things?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Fonzarelli posted:

I shot a bunch of guns in Thailand, I am not an american but i totally get the appeal

i shot some type of semi automatic black policeman style gun, and then i shot a double action revolver and then an m16 and then a shotgun, it was real fun but also maybe felt a little unbecoming

i'm gonna go to cambodia soon, there is a place where i can shoot an M60 and a bazooka, should i do these things?

you don't have to be american to get the appeal bro, it's just america is in some sense founded on the appeal but we don't own it man, it's free

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fonzarelli posted:

The last time I heard about that place the bazooka (RPG actually but whateves) was 200 a shot and if you get a dud tough poo poo.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I have never fired a gun. They're so rare here (police are unarmed) that the first time I ever saw a gun in the flesh was when Obama visited Dublin and Secret Service were on the roofs that covered College Green. The Secret Service blonde who strutted out of a SWAT-van on College St. proper gave me a lifelong lust for women in any uniform.

How easy is it for non-US guys to hop onto a US firing range? Is there an insane amount of poo poo I need to sign or is it simple enough?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

The last time I heard about that place the bazooka (RPG actually but whateves) was 200 a shot and if you get a dud tough poo poo.

ya that's what they say to each other when they are in a situation where they actually have to fire the rpg and it's a dude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

School Nickname posted:

I have never fired a gun. They're so rare here (police are unarmed) that the first time I ever saw a gun in the flesh was when Obama visited Dublin and Secret Service were on the roofs that covered College Green. The Secret Service blonde who strutted out of a SWAT-van on College St. proper gave me a lifelong lust for women in any uniform.

How easy is it for non-US guys to hop onto a US firing range? Is there an insane amount of poo poo I need to sign or is it simple enough?

no

lol

jfc

if you even hint that maybe you are wanting to try shooting a gun suddenly nineteen are in your hand and everybody is urging you to try theirs first, it's the best i swear

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

School Nickname posted:

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you can be criminally insane and all you have to do to get a gun is ask nicely

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im thinking about buying a gun , buth then again maybe not. idk seems more trouble than its worth

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Harald posted:

im thinking about buying a gun , buth then again maybe not. idk seems more trouble than its worth

then skip it. put the money in savings in case your washer breaks or something. Don't buy poo poo you don't need much less stuff you don't even know if you want.

*thread shows you can go to the range and squeeze off few rounds when you get the itch cheap as poo poo.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Assassin posted:

I went shooting for the first time last year. I fired a .22 revolver, a Glock 19, and some kind of 9mm Sig Sauer. I was surprised at how little recoil the .22 had, I was expecting more. And then when I fired the 9mm I was surprised at how much more it kicked than the .22. I liked the Sig the best, the Glock jammed a few times and loading the magazine was terrible, it resisted like crazy and I don't think I ever got more than 9 or 10 rounds in what I think was an 18 round mag. The Sig loaded like smooth creamy butter. I was an okay shot, but I noticed when I did miss it was always down and to the left of where I was aiming. I dunno if it was my stance or how I was squeezing the trigger or what. Overall it was a lot of fun and I'd love to do it more.

Well that's my story. Thanks for listening guys.

Generally the bigger/heavier the gun the less the recoil which is why a metal revolver will have less recoil than a plastic glock, esp if you had a really big revolver instead of a snub nose

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

I am truly ignorant when it comes to guns...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChairmanMeow posted:

then skip it. put the money in savings in case your washer breaks or something. Don't buy poo poo you don't need much less stuff you don't even know if you want.

*thread shows you can go to the range and squeeze off few rounds when you get the itch cheap as poo poo.

yea, and a range/redneck friends will have guns that are way more fun than the lovely mosin you got for cheap

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

you can be criminally insane and all you have to do to get a gun is ask nicely

one of my favourite scenes from the GTA franchise is one in san andreas where the protagonist decides he wants to use stealth to deal with an adversary, so he asks his friend, another convicted felon, if he knows where he could get, or how he could make, a suppressor. his friend has one immediately on hand, and when the protagonist incredulously asks where he got it, he replies, "This is America. Same place I buy my pants."

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Are guns a worse hobby than video games

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

about even on the sperg o meter

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you can tell bc in both cases they will argue loudly that their hobby is better bc of a long list of stupid reasons, and the other ppl are totally out of touch with reality

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
also they both spend too much money on the dumbest poo poo

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Frog Assassin posted:

I was an okay shot, but I noticed when I did miss it was always down and to the left of where I was aiming. I dunno if it was my stance or how I was squeezing the trigger or what.

You were probably putting some side pressure on the trigger at the final part of travel, yeah. It's a common beginner thing, but you did good picking up on it.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Guns own

My first time firing a gun I wrecked shop like a natural born big boss, nailing small targets left and right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

nomadologique posted:

no

lol

jfc

if you even hint that maybe you are wanting to try shooting a gun suddenly nineteen are in your hand and everybody is urging you to try theirs first, it's the best i swear

Yupp

• Locked thread