Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Tune in to watch vets sleepwalk their way through eight games while trying not to get hurt, and NBA hopefuls trying to prove they belong on an NBA team while playing 10 minutes a game, and preview what the Lakers will be like when all their players are injured in January.

Schedule available at http://nba.com.

If someone wants to write a cool OP I'll edit this out and replace it with yours. But we needed a thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Okafor Roy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

flipping btw this and the base ball, how lovely does mcbucketts look

e: lol he just tried to play defense

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i don't know why i'm watching this, but here i am. i'm watching the game.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

that middleton dunk was neat

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

flipping btw this and the base ball, how lovely does mcbucketts look

e: lol he just tried to play defense

Just checking in on this one: Real loving bad!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
PRE-TROIT BAAAAASKETBALL

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I'm getting irrationally excited about Joffery Lauvergne based on 1.25 preseason games, somebody talk me down

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

here's middleton's dunk over butler

https://vine.co/v/e2Q0vLYZbqY

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

TubeStank posted:

here's middleton's dunk over butler

https://vine.co/v/e2Q0vLYZbqY

Life is good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

I'm getting irrationally excited about Joffery Lauvergne based on 1.25 preseason games, somebody talk me down

He was pretty solid as Gobert's backup in eurobasket, I don't know if he's actually good, but he could quite easily be a competent basketballer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i do not know how giannis dunked this

https://vine.co/v/e2QliYlQ5bJ

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
MYLE TURNER IN THE GAME

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

TubeStank posted:

i do not know how giannis dunked this

https://vine.co/v/e2QliYlQ5bJ

He does one crazy "what???" play every game. My mind broke watching that and realizing it went in the basket.

Edit: Ive watched this like 20 times and I still cant... Is he Elasticman? What. The. Hell.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 7, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Myles just got out of the way on defense, learn how to play basketball, Myles

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thank you for making this thread. I'm looking to be in midseason gdt posting form by the end of the month.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
rockets best player, trevor ariza, still in great shape

this is a serious grit and grinder though. rockets are ahead, and shooting 37/21

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Vaughn is realllllly looking good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
A Plumlee has appeared.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Vince couldn't finish a dunk. :(

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Maybe I'll go to milwaukee this weekend to watch preseason in person I've got nothing better to do

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
:siren: portis blocked a jumpshot

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is haters from decaturs a Calvin Murphy catchphrase?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol: Kobe never changes

Turns down open teammates to take a 3 on the fast break (and drains it)

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
holy poo poo, there's a game starting?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So this is the Lakers starting lineup now: Russel/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle/Hibbert. A good sign to me they're going to make getting the rookies minutes the priority this year.

The only hole in the lineup is who starts when Kobe's sitting (he's not gonna play back to backs).

Kobe almost got a Kobe Assist off of Julius Randle.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh great Russell is hurt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Great, season wasted, that was quick.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

Oh great Russell is hurt.

Yeah, he went up to contest Gobert and then landed awkwardly. Sucks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bruised rear end in a top hat, can return to the game. Whew.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Bruised rear end in a top hat, can return to the game. Whew.

I dont have the audio on, is he ok?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Glumslinger posted:

As far as we know. They just said he had bruised butt-cheeks and they expect him to play more tonight.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Larry Nance is a loving 2K player. Jumps off a trampoline, has a loving turbo and can't make a jumpshot

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

It looked pretty bad, I thought best case was concussion but bruised glut was better.

I ended up DVRing the rest to go see The Martian so at this point you probably know more than me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol Booker throwing a slap in a preseason game. Relax man, Jesus.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://vine.co/v/e22plXtxgnm

lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
MWP looked years younger. And he doesn't seem to want to do anything but play defense and chase loose balls. And he was fit enough to do it now, which you couldn't say for quite a few years. I was skeptical, but yeah him making the team actually seems like a no-brainer because the young guys seemed to really feed off his effort.

Ryan Kelly also just seems like a completely different player. He was a guy I always thought of as pretty slow and uncoordinated but he seems to have really worked on both his strength and athleticism. He's probably still on the bubble as far as making the team but he just doesn't look anything like the dude from last year which is impressive.

Kobe and Hibbert has some pretty good chemistry. And Kobe looks pretty good still, as long as he stays away from the three point line. His three ball is completely gone. But when he was involving himself in screen and roll or operating off the key, he looked nice and was really disruptive to Utah's defensive rotations. Hibbert has really come to LA with a point to prove and watching a center make free throws is a nice change of pace.

This was the first time I've seen Randle play where it looked like his game had some sort of possibility of being effective in the NBA.

All in all, I feel better about this year at least being more watchable than last year. Which, is faint praise I guess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Was that Dekker? Looks like the clock died.. Too bad, he was set.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Philthy posted:

Was that Dekker? Looks like the clock died.. Too bad, he was set.

Capela's such a wuss, it's a preseason game, I know you have a phobia of free throws but you have to move on and take the drat shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
i'm ready

• Locked thread