Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
New york Knick is going to play a Brazialian team called Bauru. Should be a close matchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Jason Terry was going to skip the entire preseason but is playing tonight so he can play the Mavericks. That's dedication to being a spiteful jerk.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

New york Knick is going to play a Brazialian team called Bauru. Should be a close matchup

Should've been #Me7o's soccer team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dynamite Dog posted:

Should've been #Me7o's soccer team.

The knicks broadcast is celebrating like they're winning the championship, it makes me very fearful.

EvanTH: Wally Sczerbiak says "welcome to the nba" as kristaps is pushed around by brazilians

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Harden just pulled a Westbrook/Durant. Someone pissed him off and he went and drained a 3.

Dekker is looking pretty good, too.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I didn't even know NBALP had preseason. Awesome.

Also Capela is cool and good

the Rockets are kind of ridiculously deep. I completely forgot we signed Marus Thornton.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 8, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Are the Suns going to do the right thing and make Knight a PG?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only Suns-Kings feeds I can find have no score. This is probably for the best.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

The knicks broadcast is celebrating like they're winning the championship, it makes me very fearful.

EvanTH: Wally Sczerbiak says "welcome to the nba" as kristaps is pushed around by brazilians

So strange, they were discussing the dismissable concerns about how Kristaps is skinny (he's just turned 20, of course he's scrawny. He'll put on weight. There's other stuff to worry about) while y'know trying to dismiss them a little bit ("he's just turned 20, of course he's scrawny. He'll put on weight.") then he got muscled off the block by an undersized "Euro" (Brazilian Euros, y'know how it is) and they said Welcome To The NBA and I had no idea what to think

anyhow he's a superstar but his neck's weird looking so I'm not fully convinced

melo pummels inferior competition (See: Team USA v. Nigeria, his NCAA career, This Game) it's what he was built for and I like to watch it.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Aldridge is poo poo get that scrub off my team. Can't even score on a loving rookie.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Warriors Blazers game is pretty fun already

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

The first one was facetious but Aldridge legitimately looks like he just wants to post up 18 feet out and chuck up bad shots.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Carroll just got the luckiest bounce on his three. He's been the best player so far on TO tonight. All energy. Just hurdled the front row and landed on a dude with crutches.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

The first one was facetious but Aldridge legitimately looks like he just wants to post up 18 feet out and chuck up bad shots.

Isn't that what he does?

----

I'm ready for the Trill defensive domination.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
em wrong sport

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Kibner posted:

Isn't that what he does?

----

I'm ready for the Trill defensive domination.

Yeah, but I was hoping for less of it.

Spurs are getting some good looks and not converting. Usually I think great, luck will turn and they'll make some. I'm not confident in these guys to actually make shots though. A peak in to the post Duncan era. Do not like.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

That you're watching? I agree. :twisted:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Yeah, but I was hoping for less of it.

Spurs are getting some good looks and not converting. Usually I think great, luck will turn and they'll make some. I'm not confident in these guys to actually make shots though. A peak in to the post Duncan era. Do not like.

I liked McCallum elsewhere and I think he's gonna be real hot off the Spurs bench. Ndoye missed a wide open cutter to end the quarter ugh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

G-Hawk posted:

I didn't even know NBALP had preseason. Awesome.

Also Capela is cool and good

the Rockets are kind of ridiculously deep. I completely forgot we signed Marus Thornton.

Thornton isn't really depth though, he's width

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Slo-Mo rules

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

I'm kind of mad the Spurs signed Rasual Butler. He can't possibly be good and he's going to take a roster spot because he's old and thats how the spurs work.

EvanTH posted:

Slo-Mo rules

He got faked so hard he had to commit a foul, but he didn't even move, that's how slow he is.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I know Kobe's been bald for a while, but his head and face look unnaturally hairless today. Hitman style. Like a Villaneuva with eyebrows.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Caron's memoir, Tuff Juice, is on newstands today.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
kawhi covers so much loving space in a stride

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Real mad at Aldridge.

It's a very weird experience watching guys hitch and hesitate running the offense.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

Real mad at Aldridge.

It's a very weird experience watching guys hitch and hesitate running the offense.

If a large part of your offense is going to go through him, I imagine the Spurs are going to play a more methodical, grinding style like they used to.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Warriors fans are the worst because they are obnoxious and driving Portland housing prices through the roof. They're being pretty quiet right now though.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Kibner posted:

If a large part of your offense is going to go through him, I imagine the Spurs are going to play a more methodical, grinding style like they used to.

I'm okay with him posting up a good amount I just hate seeing it at 16 seconds knowing the ball is unlikely to start moving again.

I'd rather see Kawhi with the ball. He's so dreamy.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Rondo is distributing like the Rondo of Story and Legend he's gonna get the Gay Cousins a lot of easy shots this year dang

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

Training camp is like 12 practices, it's going to take him a bit to get into the flow of the offense

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Training camp is like 12 practices, it's going to take him a bit to get into the flow of the offense

He even had to sit out one because it was sore.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Kobe and Randle seem like they're gonna be bros.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
the Monster Boban Marjanovic has assaulted the Right Honorable Bouglas Cousins

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

They'll need to really change the way he plays, he has never been a good passer. Or good at ball handling. Or any offensive movement outside a pick and pop. It'll be interesting to see how he fits in.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha, David Stockton looks so drat out of place in this pre-season game.

e: Would still take him over Jimmer

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I hope he never adjusts and fades into obscurity because I am bitter. Portland currently up 20 on GSW. Crabbe with 23. Going to savor this while I can.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
"Marjanovic doesn't have the greatest hands. You wouldn't want him on first base." Kings announcer going all judgey judgey

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

EvanTH posted:

"Marjanovic doesn't have the greatest hands. You wouldn't want him on first base." Kings announcer going all judgey judgey

He's really coordinated for a half-orc.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
there was a prolonged 4th quarter Stockton v. Fredette Matchup, preseason sucks sometimes

Bashez posted:

He's really coordinated for a half-orc.

what base would you let him get to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Curry is already in midseason form. Shame about everyone that isn't a starter for GSW though.

I love Dame, but man he is going to have a rough year.

Aldridge does not look like he fits the Spurs spacing at all and if Duncan goes down they may actually look bad? That's a weird thought.

• Locked thread