Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
PRE-TROIT BAAAAASKETBALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

I'm getting irrationally excited about Joffery Lauvergne based on 1.25 preseason games, somebody talk me down

He was pretty solid as Gobert's backup in eurobasket, I don't know if he's actually good, but he could quite easily be a competent basketballer

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
MYLE TURNER IN THE GAME

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Myles just got out of the way on defense, learn how to play basketball, Myles

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
:siren: portis blocked a jumpshot

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is haters from decaturs a Calvin Murphy catchphrase?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
New york Knick is going to play a Brazialian team called Bauru. Should be a close matchup

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dynamite Dog posted:

Should've been #Me7o's soccer team.

The knicks broadcast is celebrating like they're winning the championship, it makes me very fearful.

EvanTH: Wally Sczerbiak says "welcome to the nba" as kristaps is pushed around by brazilians

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Caron's memoir, Tuff Juice, is on newstands today.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
kawhi covers so much loving space in a stride

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

If a large part of your offense is going to go through him, I imagine the Spurs are going to play a more methodical, grinding style like they used to.

Training camp is like 12 practices, it's going to take him a bit to get into the flow of the offense

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Philthy posted:

Same with the Bucks tonight... Sucks.

http://tv-link.in/tv49.php

The pistons are walloping them

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
alec burks is good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I have a feeling that this is how lots of Portland games will go this season. They'll play hard, the guys other than Lillard will play defense, they'll keep it close and the game will slip away at the end of the third quarter, because they don't have the men.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Conseco field house is vacant

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Stanley looks so heavy, he's a marble statue that's come to life to help my basketball team

Kentavious's handle is rough

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
MCdermott is the best player in the game

Reggie Jackson gets stuck in that "airwalk" pose near the rim so often, stupid loving no hope floater is usually the result

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know what the synergy stats say but Andre Drummond's screens are really lovely so far

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

Dejan, you are bumming me out. Please tell me some good things about this Detroit squad, even if it is just more waxing poetic about Stanley Johnson.

Drummond is improve ing as a defense man. Marcus Morris looks look a starter. Kcp doesn't know dribbling pero he is. Shoot ing well. ilyasoca aka the Franco the archaeologist s never knew, he's morning to morning, change changes charges. Stanley is the little rock baby abandoned by general krangs army after the turtles (won't name names) sabot aged the technodrome. He was raised by the goose that hatched t-mac. Yes, a beautiful boy. Pistons will slaughter bad defense s, lose to ball movement offenses. 😐👗👒👑🐢🐦🏪⛲

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Watching the pistons game replay on nbahd.com, the spurs arena feed with radio , and D FENSE overlaid on pistons offensive possessions:

Reggie Jackson post up, hmm, a nice idea, since he has the arms of a nightmare creature that would lure some kids into the Waukesha national forest for a ritual murder, but poor execution.

Reggie plays a lot like John Wall without the olympic level athleticism, running into 4 guys, doing jab steps into fallaway long 2s with tons of space and lots of options to pass, and without John Wall's powerful spirit, it results in nothing. Just nothing. He's not a good basketball player against teams who don't let him get to the rim. Smart teams can work to seal off drummond so Reggie's doomed air walk flings don't result in tips. Drummond still sets lazy college screens.

I used my great basketball mind to predict this, the pistons defense is shredded by smart offenses. Reggie has no idea what to do, KCP sticks to his man pretty well, Andre goes up strong but gets misdirected,, Morris looks like he's more committed to d than he was in phoenix, the power forwards are all liabilities.

Kawhi covers so much ground, he's not quite on the Giannis level of the space orienting pyramid, but he's close, it's hard to stop him because he only needs to take 3 steps to get wherever he wants.

David West was loving killing Aron Baynes.

The pistons have the shooters to slice up bad defenses, and they will, but this is a low ceiling team. Maybe they can find the Giannis of this draft with the 10th pick.

I'm glad that I'll have to go out of my way to watch them in real time, I can be a Laker fan with Rick, and talk about the Laker Way, and wear matching kobe jerseys with my two handsome adopted latino sons.

zelah posted:

Portland came back from being down ~20 at the start of the 4th to take it to OT. Good to see CJ and Crabbe can come through when Lillard's off.

The Blazers are feisty. I think it's a good thing that they haven't totally surrendered to failure like other teams.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

So what you're saying is Reggie is a fraud

If you and I could see it, Metapod, why couldn't Van Gundy see it?

It's nice in theory that he gets to the rim, even though he never makes his shots, because Drummond is an offensive rebounder , tip in guy, but smart teams understand that and will just give him enough space to take a bad shot, and focus on covering the shooters.

Reggie shot 37% from 3 post trade, and he's really going to need to shoot well to do any more than his normal low efficiency stat padding, but he shoots much better off the catch than off the dribble, it has to come in the flow of the offense, and he's loving horrible at being a 'true pg'. He's not efficient at the rim, teams understand his game, and they're prepared for it. I think his flailing wonkiness helped him as a complimentary player and bench player, but they're less helpful when well scouted.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/svg-part-v-until-jennings-return-jackson-and-mixed-cast-will-bear-brunt-carrying-pistons Apparently they un-knocked his knees

quote:

KL: Reggie told me recently that you discovered a flaw in his perimeter shot. How did that come about?

SVG: I don’t remember exactly who detected it first but we noticed he was actually a little knock-kneed on his shot. So as he went into his stance and gather, his knees came together, which was really taking a lot of the power out of his shot. So to generate power, he had to create a lot of motion in his shot and anybody will tell you the more motion you have, the harder it is to be consistent. He worked very, very hard on it and he’s got a great-looking shot. So the fact he’s been able to get more from his legs and shorten up his delivery, if you look – his release, his follow-through, his rotation on the ball are great. I think he’s going to shoot the ball very, very well.

And he still doesn't play much defense. He's not loving good, maybe his contract will be the normal median starter contract in the new CBA, but it doesn't look that way.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Huertas looks crafty, not so good, but very crafty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Juaguocio posted:

Ray McCallum looking good so far in this game.

McCallum/Ginobili/Leonard/West/Diaw is a pretty cool lineup.

McCallum/McCollum is going to keep confusing me for the rest of my life

• Locked thread