Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fried Sushi posted:

Tempted to pick up the expansion and get back into this, last played after Revan, burned myself out after the initial 12x XP boost plus caught up with other games over the summer. Has there been any content released since Revan worth running through before the new expansion comes out?

Ziost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

If you have them geared remotely close to your level, you'll be fine. I had so many basic coms running through the stories I was able to gear one companion about every 5-7 levels along with me. The armor type and the precise spread of stats don't really matter. but I guess goons gotta :goonsay:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I was thinking more that Broonmark and Scourge wear heavy armor versus the M/S's medium, but fine.

Adaptive armor scales, doesn't matter what the class/companion uses

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cythereal posted:

I was thinking more that Broonmark and Scourge wear heavy armor versus the M/S's medium, but fine.

That's a valid point, but who doesn't use adaptive armor anyways. :)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

That's a valid point, but who doesn't use adaptive armor anyways. :)

*raises hand* I find most adaptive armor either hideous or bikinis.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is there any light leg armor that's not a dress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a few.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fried Sushi posted:

Tempted to pick up the expansion and get back into this, last played after Revan, burned myself out after the initial 12x XP boost plus caught up with other games over the summer. Has there been any content released since Revan worth running through before the new expansion comes out?

Ziost was added, which is essentially the prequel to KOTFE and sets up the story. It's about an hour or so of content.

Other than that the only real reason to play before KOTFE is if you want to do any achievement hunting since planetary scaling will make it a bit tougher.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Disagree, broonmark looks great in a bikini

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

Caveat- Subscribers don't get the SoR expansion for free until 10/27 so you'd only be able to get to 55.

Aw wait what? Ive been sitting ony hands with my main at 55 the past two weeks leveling alts because I thought SoR was going to unlock with early access.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Berke Negri posted:

Aw wait what? Ive been sitting ony hands with my main at 55 the past two weeks leveling alts because I thought SoR was going to unlock with early access.

Well I should hope they unlock the level cap, if not the content, because otherwise... :psypop:

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Cythereal posted:

Some of it is pretty bad, but I do get a kick out of my type 4 female trooper running around in her stylish dancer top & bottoms blowing things up with a giant hand cannon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

I would assume if you subbed in time for early access you'll get SoR too.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

NYCC Cantina Code: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/xm5

also cough cough referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/4PV3r7

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Huh, not even sure if I should open a ticket because the prinawe mounts aren't anything I'd use, but for whatever reason two of them don't exist on my mains vehicles section. Can't claim em via collections but my other chars have them. :iiam:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 9, 2015

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have a PAX Prime Cantina code and a NYCC code on my account now... are there other ones?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got the 7 days of free subscriber status from the link in the OP(thanks,) does this give me the story mission xp bonus that I've read about?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bango skank posted:

I just got the 7 days of free subscriber status from the link in the OP(thanks,) does this give me the story mission xp bonus that I've read about?

It should, yes. For 7 days. :)

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Medullah posted:

It should, yes. For 7 days. :)
Sweet, I was thinking of subscribing for a month or so anyway before I checked the thread so you might have some cartel coins coming your way at some point in the next two weeks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bango skank posted:

Sweet, I was thinking of subscribing for a month or so anyway before I checked the thread so you might have some cartel coins coming your way at some point in the next two weeks.

You need to subscribe to get the new expansion - right now the best deal is KOTFE starter pack, 90 days sub + 2400 coins for $40.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've just been using a companion with my same mainstat and giving hand me downs. Granted not every class has one, but I think most have at least one...

Or you could do what I did and slap aim 190 Ziost gear into a legacy set, then just trade it to whoever you're on at the time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Or you could do what I did and slap aim 190 Ziost gear into a legacy set, then just trade it to whoever you're on at the time.

For a companion? ...why not use the legacy Yavin 192 gear?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

For a companion? ...why not use the legacy Yavin 192 gear?

Since when does Yavin give you 192 gear? I thought it was only 186.

E: I seem to have found it. Well then.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 9, 2015

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have the keychain fob from way back when right now for the security code, if I use the mobile authenticator can I have it on multiple devices?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Since when does Yavin give you 192 gear? I thought it was only 186.

E: I seem to have found it. Well then.

You scare me sometimes. :D

Now, not that it matters since companions don't need gear in a week and a half anyway.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So I just redownloaded this game, because I heard about the poo poo they are doing and it interests me.

Turns out I forgot to cancel my sub, so I have like 5k Cartel Coins. What should I spend them on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dexo posted:

So I just redownloaded this game, because I heard about the poo poo they are doing and it interests me.

Turns out I forgot to cancel my sub, so I have like 5k Cartel Coins. What should I spend them on

Those rocket boots are pretty drat useful.

So will Shadow of Revan unlock for free for subscribers when KOTFE drops as well? My original goal to get one of each class to 60 before release has kind of sputtered -- I have one Warrior at 50, kind of forgot about finishing my Inquisitor at 37, and didn't even start a Bounty Hunter. I might as well go through the other story stuff on my main Agent who has been on Ilum for the past two years, where should I go after the class story is done?

Edit: Oh, I read the OP, so it's Makeb then

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Those rocket boots are pretty drat useful.

So will Shadow of Revan unlock for free for subscribers when KOTFE drops as well? My original goal to get one of each class to 60 before release has kind of sputtered -- I have one Warrior at 50, kind of forgot about finishing my Inquisitor at 37, and didn't even start a Bounty Hunter. I might as well go through the other story stuff on my main Agent who has been on Ilum for the past two years, where should I go after the class story is done?

Edit: Oh, I read the OP, so it's Makeb then

Already have those Guess I'll just buy hypercrates for hot barbie dressup

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dexo posted:

Already have those Guess I'll just buy hypercrates for hot barbie dressup

Right now is a good time to get Hypercrates too, every single one is available at 30% off.

Also I tried leaving at least Agiel in the guild but the amount of alts people were making got ridiculous so you'll probably need reinvited.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

You scare me sometimes. :D

Now, not that it matters since companions don't need gear in a week and a half anyway.

You scare me all the time, so it's only proper that I return the favor.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/ailx3

Another NYCC code, in case that one runs out of uses. Pretty sure we have over 50 goons now.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Jan posted:

Oh, yeah, I forgot this can be redone every 90 days.

http://www.swtor.com/r/SFbX9d
I clicked this because it was the first one I saw.

I think I'll just use those free game days to level a new character. I had a 50 imperial agent sniper. I think I'll try a DS consular shadow DS Sentinel this time around.

Bloomington fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 9, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

CeeCee posted:

Some of it is pretty bad, but I do get a kick out of my type 4 female trooper running around in her stylish dancer top & bottoms blowing things up with a giant hand cannon.

If you're playing a trooper in cartel market armor and aren't using the goofy red-and-yellow KOTOR armor I don't even know

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Honestly I'm just kind of tired of Treek

Speak english or gtfo imo

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

StashAugustine posted:

If you're playing a trooper in cartel market armor and aren't using the goofy red-and-yellow KOTOR armor I don't even know

It me

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

So I blew all my saved up coins on two hypercrates and ended up getting no Havoc Squad armor, which is all I wanted.

So I bought the armor on the GTN while sighing and then realized nobody had any Havoc Squad Gauntlets. If anybody has some of the gauntlets and is willing to COD them to me for 400k, send them to Nightman.

Thanks dear friends. I'm gonna go cry.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I blew a hypercrate trying to get some Satele Shan pieces... honestly I don't even want the chestpiece, I just really wanted the boots because they look cool as hell. Ended up with a full set of Reaver, Series 614, and Advanced Slicer, plus another like 5 Reaver Upper body bits and a shitload of robot pants.

Weirdest part? Other than the Reaver Mask (which I will probably sell the entirety of both sets because I don't particularly care for Marr cosplay) and the chest, the most expensive things to come out of the crates was actually all of the furniture... the Ancient Horror statues are each worth a buttload, and I got like 5 of them. :sigh:

EDIT: Oh yeah and I got an Exar Kun chestpiece, and a couple of belts and gloves, if anyone wants those, either to buy for cheap (80% of GTN) or trade. And a few Blue Outline crystals (Eviscerating, War Hero, Indestructible) too. If anyone has a Mint Green crystal of any type other than War Hero, I am totally down to trade, if you want to.

EDIT2: Oh yeah and I got a buttload of Black and Orange dyes, if you want to get festive for Halloween! Seem to go for like 150k on GTN, so I'll sell em to you guys for cheap or if one of you fancy artificers can make me some cool black/blue/grey/green dyes, that'd be cool too.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 9, 2015

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm thinking of starting this game back up to take advantage of the 12x exp before it ends, finally get myself all 4 buffs.

I'm also thinking of finally transferring off PotF and onto a PvE server. World PvP can be fun sometimes but man do I not want to get ganked when I just wanna do my dailies.

How's Jedi Covenant's Republic goon guild looking? Good number of players? Or is it pretty dead compared to Imperial?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

arisu posted:

How's Jedi Covenant's Republic goon guild looking? Good number of players? Or is it pretty dead compared to Imperial?

I saw 5 people on at once in the pub guild yesterday. It was pretty magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

arisu posted:

I'm thinking of starting this game back up to take advantage of the 12x exp before it ends, finally get myself all 4 buffs.

I'm also thinking of finally transferring off PotF and onto a PvE server. World PvP can be fun sometimes but man do I not want to get ganked when I just wanna do my dailies.

It's more active now because a bunch of goons are trying to crank out Republic characters before 12x xp goes away. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised to see it stay semi-active for a bit after the expansion drops too, as people play KotFE from both sides.

E: That reminds me, would there be much interest in a few Pub goons donating some stuff to tart up the clubhouse? Getting a mailbox, a bank and a GTN in there would be helpful for goons running alts and stuff.

• Locked thread