Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.

FordPRefectLL posted:

I have the keychain fob from way back when right now for the security code, if I use the mobile authenticator can I have it on multiple devices?

Yes, you can use the mobile authenticor on multiple devices. I'm currently using it(well google authenticor) on 2 phones and winauth on the computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I might have to come back to this. IIRC, I got bored, left my Guardian on Alderaan and never came back. I'm glad crafting is getting an overhaul.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
So I clicked one of those referral links in the OP and both my characters got a pack of stuff, will any characters I make from now on also get that?

Also, can you only click one such link or as many as you like, or is there some cooldown on it?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

SKY COQ posted:

E: That reminds me, would there be much interest in a few Pub goons donating some stuff to tart up the clubhouse? Getting a mailbox, a bank and a GTN in there would be helpful for goons running alts and stuff.
There's already a mailbox and legacy storage in the HQ but I threw a GTN kiosk (as well as another mailbox and a legacy storage cargo hold thing in case you eventually buy a guild ship) in there, they should be available if someone with decorating privileges wants to use them.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

General Maximus posted:

So I clicked one of those referral links in the OP and both my characters got a pack of stuff, will any characters I make from now on also get that?

Also, can you only click one such link or as many as you like, or is there some cooldown on it?
Every character will now get that stuff.

You can click a link every 90 days provided you are unsubscribed for a period during that time. I forget how long exactly.

E: unsubscribed for at least 90 days it turns out.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Keshik posted:

So I blew all my saved up coins on two hypercrates and ended up getting no Havoc Squad armor, which is all I wanted.

So I bought the armor on the GTN while sighing and then realized nobody had any Havoc Squad Gauntlets. If anybody has some of the gauntlets and is willing to COD them to me for 400k, send them to Nightman.

Thanks dear friends. I'm gonna go cry.

I might have an extra pair of the gauntlets on one of my toons, but I'll have to check later today.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hulk Smash! posted:

Every character will now get that stuff.

You can click a link every 90 days provided you are unsubscribed for a period during that time. I forget how long exactly.

E: unsubscribed for at least 90 days it turns out.

I think may not be true since I've been subbed since June and was able to click someone's link last week.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Ok, so I blitzed through Korriban doing nothing but class missions and I’m hitting the Imperial Fleet at level 15. Whoa.

When do I start getting basic comms to fill out my orange adaptive gear? On Dormund Kaas?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CobiWann posted:

Ok, so I blitzed through Korriban doing nothing but class missions and I’m hitting the Imperial Fleet at level 15. Whoa.

When do I start getting basic comms to fill out my orange adaptive gear? On Dormund Kaas?

Sounds about right. Always take the 12 comms.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/hzvzr

Cantina event code.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So who wants to run Explosive Conflict tonight?

One of the white whales I've been chasing on and off is the achievement for collecting a shitload of speeders that awards the "Gearhead" title. I've got a handful left, but the one I'll need help with drops from EC HM. It is, sadly, not even a guaranteed drop, but I figure tonight is a good night for me to fart around and try to knock it out. I have no idea what HM EC entails these days or how many people I need, but hopefully Medullah can chime in.

I also need the speeder that's a random drop from 55 HMs, so I may try to run some of those as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

So who wants to run Explosive Conflict tonight?

One of the white whales I've been chasing on and off is the achievement for collecting a shitload of speeders that awards the "Gearhead" title. I've got a handful left, but the one I'll need help with drops from EC HM. It is, sadly, not even a guaranteed drop, but I figure tonight is a good night for me to fart around and try to knock it out. I have no idea what HM EC entails these days or how many people I need, but hopefully Medullah can chime in.

I also need the speeder that's a random drop from 55 HMs, so I may try to run some of those as well. Any help would be appreciated.

HM EC can be done with 3 people (2 DPS, one heal). Which speeder is a random drop from 55 HMs?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The Desler Nomad, it's the only Desler I still need. With that and the Praxon from EC, I'm only missing the three Tirsas, two of which are trivial to get.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
While I am enjoying Consular, and I've yet to beat it (on Corellia now), I just wanted to say to anyone whos got their eye on rolling one to see its story, Go Sage, unless you really want to be a Shadow.

Regularly running into two silvers and a gold, because the plot demands it, is not fun in the slightest.

It is a refreshingly "Mystical Jedi Problems" storyline without sacrificing anything* for it. Enjoying it alot.

*Unlike the Knight that crams the "Luke Skywalker Experience" so deeply down your throat you're coughing up bits of different Superweapon's for weeks afterwards.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Thyrork posted:

While I am enjoying Consular, and I've yet to beat it (on Corellia now), I just wanted to say to anyone whos got their eye on rolling one to see its story, Go Sage, unless you really want to be a Shadow.

Regularly running into two silvers and a gold, because the plot demands it, is not fun in the slightest.

It is a refreshingly "Mystical Jedi Problems" storyline without sacrificing anything* for it. Enjoying it alot.

*Unlike the Knight that crams the "Luke Skywalker Experience" so deeply down your throat you're coughing up bits of different Superweapon's for weeks afterwards.

And this is again where opinion comes into play, because I find Shadow/Assassin to be one of the most fun classes in the game, and Sage/Sorc one of the dullest.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I might have been unclear. I really enjoy Shadow/Assassin's playstyle. I hate that they keep throwing me into impossible odds fights that require multiple attempts even with gear thats upto date.

Spent more coms on my shadow then any other class keeping my gear fresh. Rerolled Tank too. Its been an interesting ride so far for sure.

However I cant help but think the Sage's toolset was in mind when they balanced alot of this. Its pretty rough. Not right up impossible but the deck feels against you as a Shadow.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Huh. I don't recall having any trouble with my Shadow leveling as dps. Used Theran all the time until I got Nadia, then switched to her. I don't remember any fights being especially hard except for the last boss which I forgot the first time has actual mechanics you can't ignore.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cythereal posted:

Huh. I don't recall having any trouble with my Shadow leveling as dps. Used Theran all the time until I got Nadia, then switched to her. I don't remember any fights being especially hard except for the last boss which I forgot the first time has actual mechanics you can't ignore.

That'd be my mistake then. I've been using Qyzen until I replaced him with Nadia. Theran rubbed me funny as a character so I didn't give him a second thought, healer or not. Holiday is also somewhere between Aww and Ugh too, the latter mostly because of Theran.

It'll be nice when any companion can do anything. :unsmith:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I can't say I had much trouble as a shadow levelling, sure there were the occasional deaths when some tough group got dropped on you, but then, I was using Treek, so I can't say for certain how much of an influence that was.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I haven't leveled a Shadow since Launch, but it owned.

I could never get into sage. Though I love my Inquisitor.

Sage animations were just too depressing.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cool, thanks.

And on a related note, if one of the newcomers hasn't gotten it yet, the PAX Prime one is still valid: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/6954k

e:
I haven't played my Shadow in a while but she was super easy to level with. I remember using the CC from stealth ability all the time, isn't there a second CC from baseline Consular too? Anyway, I was tank spec so that might have helped.

Jan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Leveling a Shadow wasn't bad if you figure out how to effectively use your CC options. For people who aren't familiar with MMOs though I imagine it can be difficult.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So is the post-base game content significantly different between factions, or is it basically the same story with palette-swapped support characters? I forgot that I also have a 50 Trooper that I should probably try to get to the cap as well

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is the post-base game content significantly different between factions, or is it basically the same story with palette-swapped support characters? I forgot that I also have a 50 Trooper that I should probably try to get to the cap as well

The Makeb story is notably different for each faction, but everything after that merges together. The support characters aren't even palette-swapped. They're the same ones.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
thanks to camsin who helped me clear through the slog that is ilum

I'm now 54, so all in all with some modest playing I took a BH from 1-54 within about fourish days, that's not bad

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Thyrork posted:

That'd be my mistake then. I've been using Qyzen until I replaced him with Nadia. Theran rubbed me funny as a character so I didn't give him a second thought, healer or not. Holiday is also somewhere between Aww and Ugh too, the latter mostly because of Theran.

It'll be nice when any companion can do anything. :unsmith:

I don't like Theran in general, but he's still preferable to Mr. "What's wrong with hunting and skinning sentient beings?" Then you get the bloodthirsty psychopath that's Zenith, and Iresso who has the personality depth of cardboard.

Nadia's great, but she's the only character on the Consular crew I'm looking forward to seeing again in KOTFE. Iresso's not bad, he's just dull.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sage animations are pretty underwhelming at times but I did get top kills in Hutt ball last night with my level 14 telekinetic sage last night, so that's fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One of the Sage specs uses mind bullets instead of rocks so that's okay.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Also despite alt tabbing frequently to refer to sources and hitting escape to do over conversations repeatedly at the end of my Sith Warrior chapter 1, I think I still biffed on turning Jaesa to the dark side.

May have been kind of drunk though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't the option to have her kill or spare her master? I think it's pretty obvious when it comes up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah I did it the right way and then I read something that said actually, it's the conversation after, so I did it the wrong way. Then I talked to her on the ship and she was like, "Cool, cant wait until we take down the Sith empire from within!" And I was like oh nooooo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well on the bright side in a week and a half she probably disappears from your storyline.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aphrodite posted:

Well on the bright side in a week and a half she probably disappears from your storyline.

Based on datamining Probably, yeah. All the romanceable companions look to be getting axed from having notable roles in the KOTFE story.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You know what would be cool? If some decorations came with built-in hooks.

Like the Yavin Combat Arena. Its a centerpiece decorations and so blocks any other decorations where it sits. It would be nice to be able to put some NPCs in there if it had built in hooks on it. Same with the Bounty Holding Cell You can put someone in it if you place it on a large hook type but it fits better on a medium hook. If it had a small hook built-in, you could put someone Skadge in it. Same for carpets really.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Community Cantina Link!

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3303vz

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I love spoilers. Post spoilers for everything, please, I for sure want new content I can't play yet spoiled for me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

wtftastic posted:

I love spoilers. Post spoilers for everything, please, I for sure want new content I can't play yet spoiled for me.

Then... don't mouse over spoiler bars?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Cythereal posted:

Then... don't mouse over spoiler bars?

Thanks captain genius! In case its never happened to you, its really easy to accidentally mouse over them in the course of reading the thread.

Most of us want to actually see the stuff for ourselves instead of obsessively reading through the datamined poo poo so that there's actually something new to look forward to.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 9, 2015

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Hello I am thinking about returning to the game, is there a goon guild and what side is it on? I didn;t see info on the OP.

EDIT thanks I guess I missed it.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Cyron posted:

Hello I am thinking about returning to the game, is there a goon guild and what side is it on?

All of these questions - and more! - are answered in the OP, which is just a few pages away that-a way.

• Locked thread