Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pan Dulce posted:

Really? I feel like it's watching a bad episode of Sister Wives with them. I was so glad that terrible game of badminton between the Lance sisters and Oliver is done.

I just think he and Laurel have the more leading man/leading lady vibe, especially compared to him and Felicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The grave is for Constantine. The show, not the character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The grave is for the prospects of a Super Girl crossover.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
There's lots of time to gently caress it up of course, but on first impressions they have a pretty neat villain in Darhk.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Guy who treats his minions as expendable and kills them for minor gently caress-ups" is really, really lame but it's too early to say.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I love Neal McDonough. He was a great heel in Minority Report and I was sad he's so under-used as Dum Dum Dugan

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Radish posted:

"Guy who treats his minions as expendable and kills them for minor gently caress-ups" is really, really lame but it's too early to say.

It wasn't even really a gently caress up. Securing the package was far more important to the plan than killing a couple of vigilantes. Dude made the right call. That's just poor management from Darhk. You admonish your subordinates in private, not in public.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Jose Oquendo posted:

I love Neal McDonough. He was a great heel in Minority Report and I was sad he's so under-used as Dum Dum Dugan

Also good on Justified.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

evenworse username posted:

Also good on Justified.

gently caress yeah. How could I forget to post that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

The grave is for the prospects of a Super Girl crossover.

Other internet places seem to now think that Jay Garrick is from Supergirl's world.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Jay Garrick is from Earth-2, not Earth-C (for Cousin).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

Betting the gravestone is Oliver's.

My guess is Lyla's because the whole Happy Diggle situation ain't gonna last.

Also the video where he's announcing who he is was hilarious because his face is not in shadow at all. Oliver Queen isn't exactly unknown to people.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Rhyno posted:

Other internet places seem to now think that Jay Garrick is from Supergirl's world.

Links? I like when people are super wrong about obvious beats in shows. A bunch of people on Amell's facebook think whoever is in the grave was killed by Zoom, because Ollie asks "Zoom?" :rolleyes:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ville Valo posted:

Links? I like when people are super wrong about obvious beats in shows. A bunch of people on Amell's facebook think whoever is in the grave was killed by Zoom, because Ollie asks "Zoom?" :rolleyes:

Facebook groups. But I do hope the rumors I read that Supergirl is also on an accessible alternate Earth were true. I wants me a mini Crisis!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a little disappointed they decided to do the SOMEONE WILL DIE without a 100% clear and thought out direction as to who it is and why. Like they'll just figure it out as they go?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

greatn posted:

It wasn't even really a gently caress up. Securing the package was far more important to the plan than killing a couple of vigilantes. Dude made the right call. That's just poor management from Darhk. You admonish your subordinates in private, not in public.

I assumed it was because of the GPS thing?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Rhyno posted:

So does that mean we'll get Power Girl in Flash/Arrow then instead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zutaten posted:

Now I really want to see Melissa Benoist show up in a crazy padded bra.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I'm a little disappointed they decided to do the SOMEONE WILL DIE without a 100% clear and thought out direction as to who it is and why. Like they'll just figure it out as they go?

Well I assume they have a list of potential characters to kill, and will build at least a little toward each one's death until they make their decision.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I think of it as a little something the producers came up with to help in contract negotiations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nelson posted:

I think of it as a little something the producers came up with to help in contract negotiations.

Hahaha that's pretty genius actually

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't show a close enough shot to determine if it's a mass grave or not.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

greatn posted:

I can't remember, did Ras take a similar approach? I know some of his guys killed themselves out of loyalty, but I don't recall if "less than perfect" was a death sentence.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zutaten posted:

That would be a fun way around the embargo.

"I was cloned in a lab." "Really? Who from?" "Oh, you wouldn't know her" *wink at the camera*

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bruceski posted:

I can't remember, did Ras take a similar approach? I know some of his guys killed themselves out of loyalty, but I don't recall if "less than perfect" was a death sentence.

Nameless mooks he killed for morning sparring practice.

Named mooks seemed to get a lot of leeway. Not killing (league name) for the failures of (original name), and all.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I just had an epiphany. The grave is for the Salmon Ladder. Dahrk has crossed the line!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

OB_Juan posted:

Nameless mooks he killed for morning sparring practice.

Named mooks seemed to get a lot of leeway. Not killing (league name) for the failures of (original name), and all.

Those nameless mooks might have been contractors brought in from outside.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This episode was good. Diggle is about to be 44 :stare:

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

greatn posted:

To be fair they almost lost the packages to Green Canary & Red Midriff. Slightly embarassing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

VBane posted:

To be fair they almost lost the packages to Green Canary & Red Midriff. Slightly embarassing.

It's a hell of a midriff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

This episode was good. Diggle is about to be 44 :stare:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Money is on Captain Lance being in the grave.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

greatn posted:

To be fair though, those guys have cyanide capsules and kill themselves rather than be questioned by the police. They obviously don't place a lot of value on their own lives.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tiggum posted:

To be fair though, those guys have cyanide capsules and kill themselves rather than be questioned by the police. They obviously don't place a lot of value on their own lives.

I dunno. Getting Kali-ma'd by Darhk seems like it could be a pretty lovely way to go. Given that I know what is in store for me if I survive being captured alive, the cyanide capsule starts looking pretty spiffy.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Darhk studied at the Darth Vader school of leadership.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*camera pulls back, revealing the top of a grave stone, continues to pull back revealing the carved words:*

*SEASON 3*

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

*camera pulls back, revealing the top of a grave stone, continues to pull back revealing the carved words:*

*SEASON 3*

brilliant

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

They probably have a vague idea, but given that this probably won't come up again until after the second round of filming for the season means that they have enough time to lay out some threads for a potential character death, see which ones the fans pull on the most or whichever one best fits fan reactions and then write the death in that direction. It also gives them an out in case of contract shenanigans or actors needing to drop out due to reasons.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So Season 3 was pretty lovely, and actually Season 2 really dropped the ball with Slade's motivation, but I'm totally board for this season as of "STOP THE TRAIN" "Nah, I don't want to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

I think it went a little underappreciated but when Darhk magiced those arrows back at Green Arrow and he ran towards him deflecting them by twirling his bow that was pretty cool. Seen so man big bads catch or deflect arrows out of the sky it's neat to see Oliver do it.

One of the coolest things last season was when he caught Simon Lacroix's arrow and shot it back at him

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread