Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Jackson Taus posted:

Concur. Flash is really trying to go for a high-tech/sci-fi route with wormholes and particles. Switching from "she can teleport because quantum entanglement" to "she can teleport because chakra and magic and shadow mana" is at least as jarring.

I would be very very surprised if they used something that happens on a Flash episode as required viewing to understand the plot of Arrow (or vice-versa). Deathbolt's powers hinted at as coming from somewhere other than the STAR Labs explosion and Ray getting some help with his suit are orders of magnitude different from a character getting resurrected or an episode getting ret-conned because of what happens on the Flash.

Oliver bought Felicity an engagement ring - unless you actually think that "The Olicity Wedding" is going to be an actual Season 5 episode, odds are good that something bad happens to their relationship at some point, probably this season. Since Oliver wasn't mega-pissed by Felicity's working with the team behind his back, that means it's unlikely to be her betraying him that ends their relationship and he's got plot armor, so either (a) she freaks out at the idea of marrying him and bails when she sees the ring, (b) he reverts to being a man-whore, or (c) she's forced out of the picture somehow. I don't really see "let's just be friends" as a viable direction they could go. So if Felicity is likely going to be out of the picture and somebody dies in the back half of the season, I think the math probably points in that direction.

Also, the producers originally said that [spoiler]Oliver/Laurel AKA Green Arrow/Black Canary is the end-game[/spoilers], right?

I think if Felicity does it will actually be AFTER they get married, either immediately, or after a few episodes have established it as the new normal for maximum shock since everyone would expect it at the wedding.

But for maximum humor in going to say that grave in the teaser is Sara Lance, who will die again, but return again next season, immediately getting on a boat.

Sara Lance is the Krillin of Arrow.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's Al Rothstein's, Ollie swears to find whoever is responsible.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it went a little underappreciated but when Darhk magiced those arrows back at Green Arrow and he ran towards him deflecting them by twirling his bow that was pretty cool. Seen so man big bads catch or deflect arrows out of the sky it's neat to see Oliver do it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Darhk just kinda disappears after Dig shoots him. Like I mean he completely vanished.

He's literally a magic man and had already said in the scene he wasn't worried about how he'd be leaving the train.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Radish posted:

"Guy who treats his minions as expendable and kills them for minor gently caress-ups" is really, really lame but it's too early to say.

It wasn't even really a gently caress up. Securing the package was far more important to the plan than killing a couple of vigilantes. Dude made the right call. That's just poor management from Darhk. You admonish your subordinates in private, not in public.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

OB_Juan posted:

Nameless mooks he killed for morning sparring practice.

Named mooks seemed to get a lot of leeway. Not killing (league name) for the failures of (original name), and all.

Those nameless mooks might have been contractors brought in from outside.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

VBane posted:

To be fair they almost lost the packages to Green Canary & Red Midriff. Slightly embarassing.

It's a hell of a midriff.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A new character named Schroedinger will be in the grave.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
R.I.P Wig. 2012 - 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Michael Holts pretty loving awesome in my opinion, even if I didn't know he's Mr Terrific I really liked his character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LeafyOrb posted:

As much as I enjoyed this episode the CEO Felicity stuff was approaching Laurel practicing law levels of the writing staff not knowing how anything works. Like I'm not sure they understand why corporations have boards of directors and that you can't just tell them "piss off I'm working on a top secret thing." The whole thing was really hammy and beat you over the head with it's message.

The rest was pretty great though and at least Thea has an excuse for being a pain now.

Maybe they watched silicon valley and thought it worked like Hooli?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Azubah posted:

Wouldn't Thea be up for League leadership too since she sorta survived being stabbed by Ras?

Well Malcolm is Ra's now she's never been stabbed by him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tossing the dead soldier on the land mines was pretty dang smart I thought. He's an exploded man they aren't gonna do an autopsy and say "Hey some of these lacerations were caused by a dagger".

I did laugh at how fast the slaver gave him a job though. If they had asked him where he has been living. Oliver would have plenty of places to show them, like the cave he was in at the beginning or the downed plane.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When they bring Sara back to life, will they inexplicably keep it a secret from him, will he be inexplicably angry, or both?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

"So. Behind my back your spa-date was really digging up my dead girlfriend and crime-fighting partner, flying with her corpse to Nanda Parbat, resurrecting her despite the clear affect it had on Thea, and coming back with a Pet Cemetery version of the person she was. Do I have this straight?"

"Ollie, I'm not understanding why you're so upset! I'm going to stand over here and pout while your sister flies into an irrational rage and tries to kill you"

I meant Det. Lance, but someone has replied with a post about Ollie between the past about Land I was responding to. I think Ollie will probably be cool with it actually.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Summary for Constantine's episode Haunted

poo poo, I wasn't expecting that :suspense:

Want this basically what everyone was expecting? I was at least.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope Oliver's son isn't a meta or Barry is gonna kill him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It was an implosion. Of science energy filling the space he was no longer occupying.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aquasnake posted:

I liked the episode, right up until Felicity typed in the password, that was dumb, and awful.

That was a callback. When Ray went crazy overworking himself last year she changed it to that and finally told him the password after he gave her the D.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

As long as the dumb love triangle drama is as limited as possible.

I was just happy to see that actress getting work. She was great in True Blood, even if her character was the writer's punching bag

She already broke up with Ray and drive into the sunset with Ollie before he died.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought that was pretty obvious, thea assumed the big news he gathered everyone for was engagement news.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe you're just dumb. My wife doesn't even watch the show and immediately said "wait, are they engaged?"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You have failed this series

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually it reminds me of the Power Chamber from Power Rangers, down to suits in glass vases lining the perimeter. Just needs a central tube for Zordon. What's the DC equivalent of wise floating head man? Jor-El?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's his nickname for Felicity.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TyrantWD posted:

If Diggle dies, Oliver has no male relationships left. Unless they can resurrect Tommy Merlyn, Diggle's role can't be replaced.

Quentin Lance.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Her baby has all the powers of Jesus

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The tattoo must have been John's cell number in phonetic Chinese.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's Matt Ryan busy doing? Is her on Broadway at the moment?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey have they ever thought about having Tommy Monaghan show up?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I was kind of hoping they'd have to fight a named demon to get her soul back and was pretty disappointed it was generic ninjas.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mooseontheloose posted:

I thought that was illegal in the US?

It just bumps your rating

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Right now all characters are good and likable. For a few episodes Diggle wasn't, but he's likable again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
John Diggle evolved into DugTrio!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well they don't know it but the Lazarus pit was destroyed by Nyssa.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm about finished with season 3 and I'm still confused by everyone making a huge deal out of killing when Diggle racks up body counts on his Suicide Squad missions like it's no ones business. Also I love how Diggle leaves Team Arrow after a Suicide Squad mission when 70% of the time Diggle is back at home base doing nothing during Arrow time.

I need to stop paying so much attention to the writing. This is not a show where you pay attention to the writing.

Obviously no kill rules only apply on American soil.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have a feeling his mayoral opponent will beer none other than Dhahrhk.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And they just abducted the one guy Lance was specifically asking Dahrk about and got a file on a couple of weeks ago. He's fuuuuucked.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he is really loving Speedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well obviously they still the captain cold at cost to buy get profit, they make profit on the accessories.

• Locked thread