Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

pleasantly surprised that Dig's mask doesn't look as dumb as it did in the promos

Problem is it might as well be a motorcycle helmet. Either that or it's something they stole from Equilibrium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

This is pretty much comic_books.txt so I'm willing to give them a pass. :v:

Meanwhile Dig one shots dudes from point blank without any difficulties.

The amount of full auto fire on tv shows must keep the prop houses in clover; the only ones that really do it well though are Cinemax's shows.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

Betting the gravestone is Oliver's.

My guess is Lyla's because the whole Happy Diggle situation ain't gonna last.

Also the video where he's announcing who he is was hilarious because his face is not in shadow at all. Oliver Queen isn't exactly unknown to people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That was the Queen family grave plot though. It's where his mom was buried. My money's on Thea.

For real grimdark its the kid that he didn't even know he had that Moira shuffled off to Flashtown.

Actually since Barry is also there that makes way more sense.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ApeHawk posted:

Oliver: "Thea almost electrocuted someone to death!"

I find it weird that he's complaining about that when Thea/Ollie both shot arrows directly into dude's torsos during the fights.

Seriously, why are you being hands off with a roaming gang of PMC terrorists? Dig has it right, just shoot 'em.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The whole card trick is slightly underwhelming when they are only embedding an inch into the skin, you'd think he'd have gone clean through with what the ads were displaying.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
They should really stop calling each other's names outside of their little hideout on missions. I keep expecting some jerk to just leave a mic somewhere in their obvious hideout and catch Diggle yelling Oliver 10 times in two minutes.

I mean it's a posed corpse sitting there waiting for the two of them, how is there not a microphone in a pocket.

Edit: seriously, in front of the guy who barely looks knocked out you say Oliver less than 10 feet away. I hope you plan on killing him later.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 22, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Seriously is the league the least intimidating secret group in this show or what? Totally gone downhill in scare factor.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part of this episode is her "aaaaaaaaaa how does this even work he;lp" look going full auto on an assault rifle.

Felicity has only gotten kidnapped what, four times? You'd think they'd have given some training to her beyond salmon running.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

I think the grave is going to be Oliver's or Barry's.

They steal one of them from Earth 2?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

What is the CW's rules on smoking on screen?

Most likely the Marvel rules these days: only established characters who smoke for years in the comics (basically Wolverine) or villains.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Colton Haynes went out on Twitter the other day and says he suffers from anxiety and has been hospitalized because of panic attacks before.

quote:

For those of you who are suffering with intense anxiety...ur not alone. It's been a constant struggle for me since 5th grade. It's a battle

Anxiety had put me in the hospital a countless amount of times. Whether it be fainting, hyperventilating, or seizures...I've been through it

Just know ur not alone & it affects more ppl than you would ever know. We can overcome this. We can fight thru it & will

I've quite jobs because of anxiety, flaked on social events, family gatherings, birthdays, important movie/work tests. Its a serious problem

Be there for those who struggle with anxiety & realize its a serious disorder. Its not a case of "being dramatic"...its a life long struggle

Love those suffering. Anxiety has caused me to be extremely agoraphobic & livin in constant fear of leavin my house at times. Ur not alone.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

And whiny Felicity is back

She's going to die and Barry is going to need to time travel back.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

It's on, why is nobody posting!

I don't think Felicity is in the grave. The dirt wouldn't be fresh after four months.

It's Andy maybe?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bentacos posted:

I would guess that Deathstroke also hinges on Manu Bennett's availability considering he's on Shannara now.

It would also depend on him getting the assault charges dropped from beating up that dude a couple months back.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So my theory that all the good writers jump ship to whatever new show is being produced at the time holds true apparently.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TEAH SYAG posted:

They just need to let this guy write for season 5.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

10 Beers posted:

Finale would have been 100% improved if when Ollie was confronting Darhk on the street, suddenly Darhk gets shot from behind 10 times. Detective Lance walks out of the shadows, says "That's for my baby girl," and throws the gun down. He gives Oliver a knowing look, nods, then turns and walks out of frame.

Finale would have been 100% improved if the world ended up completely nuked only to discover the last season and a half was all a dream while recovering from a coma after being stabbed by Ras through the chest.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

McSpanky posted:

They kept saying "every nuke" but it seems the writers just googled "world nuclear arsenal" and ballparked it, the actual quantity of deployable launch-ready nukes is far lower than ~15,000.

It's not like Marvel is any more accurate; the season finale had HIVE (no relation) stealing a nuclear warhead from a landbased silo.

Said landbased silo was on an island in the Pacific Ocean.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No one complained because no one gives a gently caress about Lincoln.

lol if you thought an actual main character would die.

We're talking about Squidward here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Arrow this season is probably only second/third to Grimm and Dexter in how quick and badly it turned to poo poo over the course of the season.

• Locked thread