Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also, Arrow S4 Premier > Flash S2 Premier. I liked the Flash premier enough, but this episode definitely hit the ground running harder and faster.

Yeah I liked it more than Flash's premiere definitely.
I also think Felicity is too obvious, so I'm thinking Thea... If Diggle dies Ollie would be surrounded by a bunch of girls, not that that's a bad thing, just uneven. Plus I'd hate to see him go.
That twist with Lance though...whoa... I think he's fed up with supervillains taking over his city every May so now he's just gonna align with them to make sure things don't get too out of hand?

Also if the train was coming from Central City, why didn't they just call Barry?

Can't wait for next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jackson Taus posted:

The way it sounded, it was like Darkh has him over a barrel. The obvious thing to think here is "I promise we won't kill Laurel when we fight her so long as you comply" which matches up to the one mook hesitating when he has her at gunpoint (though that's a pretty standard trope so I could be reading into it too much). The less obvious but much cooler thing would be I dug up your daughter Sara's grave and rezzed her because magic, but she's my prisoner until I get what I want.

What I thought at first was, "Lance tried to align with the new troublemakers to make sure things didn't get out of hand but he got in way over his head" but now I'm thinking Darhk may have placed some kind of curse on him and won't remove it unless he obeys. Then obviously he won't remove it, and that's why Lance ends up in that grave.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

hi liter posted:

And some of the season 1/2 fights were pretty great. I wish they would stick to the wider shots for a little longer with a little less obviously deceptive cutting, but its television and they're probably on tight schedules and budgets.

The fight with China White in S1 was awesome.

Aphrodite posted:

Metahumans fit better on the Flash but I think like magic and sorcery works better on Arrow.

Agreed 100%. And hopefully with the new focus on mysticism and things like that we can maybe get an explanation as to how Ollie was actually resurrected...

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've always felt Laurel and Ollie have great romantic chemistry, whereas he and Felicity have great friend/teammate chemistry.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Pan Dulce posted:

Really? I feel like it's watching a bad episode of Sister Wives with them. I was so glad that terrible game of badminton between the Lance sisters and Oliver is done.

I just think he and Laurel have the more leading man/leading lady vibe, especially compared to him and Felicity.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

I think it went a little underappreciated but when Darhk magiced those arrows back at Green Arrow and he ran towards him deflecting them by twirling his bow that was pretty cool. Seen so man big bads catch or deflect arrows out of the sky it's neat to see Oliver do it.

One of the coolest things last season was when he caught Simon Lacroix's arrow and shot it back at him

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Daric posted:

I was 100% not expecting that. I thought "Oh here's a twist, the coffin will be empty." But nope, nasty-rear end corpse just laying in there still in the corset. Super glad it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep last night.

Exactly what I was thinking. She looked like Jack Skellington. It was gross.

Liked the ep, and it was good to hear Felicity mention that John still needs a code name. I'm already bored with Thea's arc, though, and I've given up hope that they're ever going to explain just how Katana brought Ollie back.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bbf2 posted:

They did explain it, it was just lame and a big stretch. Something about how he was only on the brink of death and was only wounded but never actually died, and she had some super powerful healing herbs that she used on him.

But didn't Katana's husband explicitly say Ollie was brought there "so she could bring you back from the dead"?
It's whatever. I'm just having a hard time letting that huge disappointment go.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
That was a great episode, and now I'm gonna go watch Constantine, haha.

(Also, how the crap did Sara get into Thea's hospital room? Laurel and Ollie were right there!)

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
What's all this talk about Katie Cassidy and Doritos? I don't follow. Also, I'm wondering if she's gonna show up tomorrow for Part 2 of the crossover, because her absence seemed kinda strange.

(And for the record, she is smoking hot.)

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

hangedman1984 posted:

Some goons were being all goony and saying her face looked like a dorito at one point

Ah, internet males. She was insanely skinny in S2 though. But her character was hooked on pills so maybe she was like really dedicated to the role or something.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Natalya Fartz posted:

Has a limo ride ever ended well?

That's what I was thinking.

Also, that didn't seem as tense as it should have been.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is Arrow going on a month-long break after this, like Flash? If so I bet we find out who's in the coffin.

Edit: And I think I know where this is headed...

Caper fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 25, 2016

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Warmachine posted:

I guess we need to know what size of pine box is on order.

We do know it's in the family plot. I really don't wanna think about it...

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Holy god that was some bad CG

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

God I hope that one fan theory about Felicity being in the grave and the one in the limo being a Tommy-esque hallucination is spot on.

I was thinking that as soon as she got up she was going to be sniped because, you know, scene in a room with big windows.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sir Potato posted:

I wasn't really into the idea that she was in the grave - I kinda assumed it was either her or Diggle, but Dig was my main guess - but I wouldn't mind it at all anymore. It's clear the writers don't know what to do with her anymore and I think it'd be a great move for the show to have Curtis slide right into the tech expert slot, but he can bring a bit more into the field as well.

He can also fall in love with Ollie, so Tumblr will be appeased

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

I missed crytalking, thanks for bringing it back

I sense that era of the show is coming to a close

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
The arrow was cursed. They're gonna walk back in and she's gonna be a skeleton

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
That was kinda weird. But I'm glad the guessing games are over.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Neon Knight posted:

I tuned in late, who is this magic girl? Is it Madam Xanadu or Morgana le Fay or someone else?

Someone named something something Fortuna.

Yay for no flashbacks. Question: Isn't the totem one gets their magic from supposed to be close by in order to use magic? How was Ollie able to pull that off? Probably just thinking too hard...

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

Oh look it's the Dark Knight Rises

The Darhkh Knight Rises

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tiggum posted:

Arrow and the Flash have both been better this season than Daredevil. Arrow and Flash were dumb and annoying, but Daredevil was just boring as poo poo. I watched up to the first episode Kingpin shows up, and him being back kind of makes me want to keep watching, but on the other hand, everything else that's happened this season makes me not want to.

How can anyone think this

I'm with others who have said this could've been a good series finale if they tweaked it a bit. And by tweaking I mean, for instance, when they were showing what everyone was doing with their lives after leaving the team, Thea was just sitting and looking contemplative on the couch

It's almost like maybe they had a different idea for the finale but they had to rush into this story that gave everyone so much closure and didn't set up a new baddie because it's all going to change because of what happened on Flash

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
NO MORE NUKES (in comic shows season finales)!

Aphrodite posted:

He's right that Daredevil sucked and was boring, but that's all after what he's seen up to.

Yeah, after. Before that was freaking awesome and if he thought that was boring then he might be braindead

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

It's funny how everyone has forgotten the all over the place, disjointed, where is this going? feel of the first 9 or so episodes of this season of SHIELD already.

Lies all lies. This season's midseason finale is the best one I've ever seen, and the second episode was also utterly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah, it wasn't as good as S2, but those episodes I mentioned were instant classics. Arrow really needs to up its game

I'm dumb I don't get this joke. Why does it call her "Season 1"?

Caper fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 27, 2016

• Locked thread