Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

when is the op ever going to be updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe one day they'll actually revamp dungeons

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the good thing about gw2 is that you'll get stuff no matter what you do. lately i've just been relaxing and playing some music while mapcompleting and it's insane how much cool poo poo is packed away in little corners that players might never see.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Generic Octopus posted:

I can't wait for a few xpacs from now, when it's revealed that all this dragon stuff is actually part of Abaddon's double deluxe ulra-secret plan to rule the world. The entirety of GW1 is retconned to be a ruse so he could possess Kormir, rejoin the human god pantheon, and destroy it from within.

this would imply that anet would put any interesting thought into the humans in gw2 and we already know that's not the case

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'll still never understand why they decided to axe the human gods in gw2 when they were basically the only interesting thing about humans in prophecies. without cantha or elona to expand on them they're just loving boring.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Genovera posted:

A Qeynos Guard glowers at you dubiously -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

peperony and chease

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yo, what's that thing that calculates how much it would cost to raise a crafting skill to 400 or whatever and/or the easiest way to go about it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

yo, what's that thing that calculates how much it would cost to raise a crafting skill to 400 or whatever and/or the easiest way to go about it

oh wait, it's in the OP that isn't updated at all

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://gw2crafts.net

i followed the 'fast' guide for weaponcrafting on this and it's relatively painless as long as you have a little bit of gold. it's actually embarrassing how loving easy it is to go from 300 to 400.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Thanks bud! Been walking around the human starting zone creeping out new players for the past few nights, and barfing on them. Tryin to get into the halloween spirit.

i like how i managed to bump into you in queensdale when mapcompleting so i just began to walk with you because why not

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

look, if sfd can be among the world's first to crash and burn on the boss in a raid beta we can get a guild hall set up quickly

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

expansion in 12 days

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like how they're saying 'we want dungeons to be even more worthless now to reflect our lack of interest in ever touching them again'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SlothBear posted:

Well those are much better than the current axe, staff, and pistol.

Yeah, they're not even in denial about this anymore.

like, are they just going to stealth remove the dungeons in a future patch and make the dungeon tokens a rare drop from events and the like in the respective zones? i wouldn't be surprised

'quick, sweep our shame underneath the rug'

'what about if we fix them'

'no, just make them disappear'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

even when it involved a group it was still braindead easy. it was just boring.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm excited for the eventual stronghold changes where they remove all but the tiniest reward from it to force people to do something else because they want to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never existed.

that and the change to raids in a year's time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like underwater stuff in that underwater areas have some really pretty areas to explore but at this point it's just genuinely funny how underwater combat is universally viewed with disgust. i bet we'll never hear anything of value about that supposed underwater dragon because no one will want to bother revamping underwater combat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm sad they didn't start talking about the golden ratio or something

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was at least something to do. not like the game has exactly had anything remotely resembling a challenge when it comes to pve yet, anyways.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dreggon posted:

Howler quest requires that you blow various NPCs across Tyria

finally, a legendary made for me

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Schpyder posted:

What I'm wondering is, if fractals are where they're going to be doing new small-group content, and they're getting changed so that a specific fractal is going to be associated with a specific reward scale, how are they going to shoehorn new ones into that rotation?

Or are they not planning on adding more fractals at all, ever? :smith:

shhhhhhh, just buy more gems to soothe yourself

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

HoT in 9 days

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't really touch fractals because the infusion system is loving dumb

welp, that's my story

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sometimes it's cheaper to level a profession to 400 than it is to buy the thing you want. also i think it's required for some things like mawdrey and/or legendaries

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

berserker is for nerds

make nomads

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

vinewrath isn't guaranteed to drop anything that's super amazing but the entire event chain is guaranteed to drop a shitload of stuff that adds up to a decent amount of gold if you're smart about your salvaging/whatever.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

on saturday mornings there's a 50/50 chance i'll be sleeping in a little bit for my closing shift at work

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to celebrate my fancy new hammer i decided to make my charr look like a pit fighter. somehow every piece comes from a different set (barring the helmet but who wears those as charr) and i am mildly proud of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mercurius posted:

The Vigil heavy helmet works pretty well for gladiator/pit fighter although I think there might be some minor clipping issues on female charr.

yeah, but that would cover my fabulous hair

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

legendaries will automatically cost less going forward in the future due to not needing to buy precursors. i'm sure that quite a lot of the gift items will still have a significant cost attached, but one of the most significant chunks of gold will no longer be needed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

cum log in to sfd mumble, m'lord

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I'm trying to decide between making a Warrior or a Guardian. I want a heavy armor class that is p. survivable - my main characters are Ranger and Necromancer, and while I know that nothing will be as tanky as a Necromancer, I'd like something in the same ballpark.

Anyone have a suggestion for which of the two I should make and boost?

guardian's entire thing is basically 'poo poo out boons and live forever' depending on how you skill/trait yourself

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

okay, well, here i thought that maybe i'd be solidly covered by doing map completion on my guardian,

but i guess not,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess i can see why they'd want it to be something people have to work for, but it's still kind of hilarious how the sense of scale works in regards to map completion only being worth roughly half of what you need.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

on par with arenanet for a while there, at least

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mike12345 posted:

to be fair she really can't come out and say "this will be easy peasy no worries"

yeah, this is pretty much how any announcement of poo poo like this goes. it's dumb and i wish it would go away, but if stuff like this is being talked about then for some godawful reason they feel obligated to talk about how ~SOULCRUSHINGLY HARD~ it is no matter what it's going to end up being like when players actually get access to it. in a month's time people could already have the entire raid down to the point where they can run like 3 useless people though and still complete stuff and articles like that will still exist.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can say that i generally don't care much how it all turns out because having anything at all to prepare for is better than there being absolutely loving nothing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a good thing they have 3(?) bananas there to help balance out their diet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have work from friday through monday so my playing will be stilted as it is. i have 3 pee buckets and 5!!! bananas ready for all of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

stay calm

pay attention to the story

• Locked thread