Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What do you enjoy doing? I mean I guess we should start there because you seem intent on doing things you don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

And Daredevil just got good again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Underwater combat kinda sucks so I am cool with that.

I totally get the changes to dungeons, and they obviously buried them years ago. Fractals are a better system and I love the changes to them, but you need to...you know...make some new drat fractals.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They should pay this dude to use his art as the loading screen during halloween

http://correllis.tumblr.com/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

HoT is launching at 3am est? Wow thanks!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow Nexon must be super pissed about that Saturday reset time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That guy obviously wasn't very comfortable in front of the camera, but gently caress it, dude spent a ton of his free time to bring us this awesome thing.

It's heartening to see a game that is 3 years old with as much enthusiasm from it's devs.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

oh my god the projectiles with the raven staff are ghost birds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Oh my god you mean my pets will actually survive longer than 10 seconds in a fight? :aaaaa:

why the gently caress wasn't this done sooner anet jesus christ

Finally I can bearbow Teq now. All bearbow all the time :getin:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Anet is streaming up until launch and John Corpening wears pants for no one

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So how screwed were Druids with the last minute changes to them? I was all set to log in tonight and go forward with the Ranger as my main, but this is pretty disappointing if they are now right back out of the meta.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Visidan posted:

ANET got this hero point stuff the wrong way round. People want to play the new specs in the new content.

Right now you play the old specs, finish everything then you get the new spec... with nothing for it to do.

Yeah I got hyped up for Druid for months and now the xpac hits and...Who knows how long it will be until I can actually play it. I'm cool with a long grind to max out everything, but dang gimme the elite specs at least.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Azazell0 posted:

Anyone found where the bladed coat can be bought yet? It's so hilariously stupid I need it.

I know I saw it on one of the merchants in the new zone, one of the ones I can't buy from due to masteries but can see what they have.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

forkbucket posted:

So is revenant! It's everything I hoped for and more. I'm having a blast running around making GBS threads conditions out right and left. Can't wait to unlock Herald for that sweet sweet perma swiftness and self might stacks for world completion!

What build are you using? Plan to start mine later today.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The biggest issue I had was just the scarcity of players. Tons of people are doing the xpac content, yet I am running around only occasionally seeing someone. If there were tons of people, then that champ wouldn't be so bad. I wonder if they lowered the number of players on maps to avoid issues, or maybe the whole dang thing is counting as one zone for number purposes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I really wish I had spent more time in the betas trying out all the different classes. Now I am not sure on what to play and the elite specs are gated behind some poo poo. People are loving the chronomancer but I didn't play it and very few people stream it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What's the point of all these leafy greens added to the game without slaw :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

You can dye the flames in the new lunatic outfit, should be very cool.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Alteisen posted:

That was a bug?

It wasn't a bug, but they did respond saying they were looking into the regen. And it looks like we got a nice thing :buddy:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My only problem with Rev is that I can only choose two of sword/axe, staff, and hammer :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Haha the Nightfury recipe is insane. If you want something unique and have a ton of cash, here ya go http://dulfy.net/2015/10/28/gw2-nightfury-halloween-shoulders-recipe/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Schpyder posted:

Hey guys, speaking of HP trains, I'll be dragging my all-zerker tissue paper cannon staff ele along tonight, so expect to be rezzing me a lot. :v:

You going 30 or 60 mins after reset?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

It wasn't just the PSU. :sigh:

Time to order a new mobo, CPU, and RAM and hope I can get it to POST and the drives and GPU are alright. See you guys in a while I guess. :sadwave:

Oh noooo :( sorry man

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sheep posted:

If you just want to get the reward track items from PVP then join one of the custom arenas that are for doing dailies. After a handful of matches you'll be capped for the day (custom arena advancement is capped at like 2 ranks a day) and can go on about your business, no stressful bullshit involved.

If you just wanna grind to the end as fast as possible then yeah you'll have to do normal unranked/ranked games.

Yup, that's what I do when I don't feel like spvp but want dungeon armor or something from the tracks. Cheese the dailies in the custom rooms. Takes about 10 minutes and you'll complete a track in a week or so.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Mosthated posted:

Ranger Time:

So I have been a long time Ranger and Engi player. Ranger has been very difficult due to all the nerfs and pet AI. I was cruising the official forums and found probably the best Ranger condi build utilizing short bow. I mean poo poo this makes HoT mobs extremely easy and has high survivability.

Forum link: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/PvE-WvW-Bleed-druid

Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV3fjUqQ5KWzCusAVLWMEM4s6YNt20BOBtAmAwor0VyUKD-T1yCABOoEEgDCAOq/owTA44LAAKaGMwEEWKxyS5xM7PonOAA-w

I dropped Lightning Reflexes and added Sun Spirit and it made it much better. I could get around 30 stacks of bleeds and 4-5 stack of burn on Vets all by myself. So happy!!!!

Edit: I also went with Refined Toxics in the wilderness survival line.

This is pretty tempting to try, but gearing always stops me from running a condi build. How much condi gear do you really need to make it shine? Could I theoretically get condi weapons/jewels and do decent?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lol DnT, i love achievement drama in MMO's

Anyone else crashing again after the patch? :negative:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My bear has been named Drew Bearymore for years :)

One time Arus made fun of it :smith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I gotta say that trying to navigate the tangled depths to find a few soloable hero points was the most agonizing experience I've had in an MMO in a year.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

No aegis

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I have no doubt ele is still good in groups for fractals and such, but I cringe when I think about trying to run it through the HoT zones. Someone suggested bringing arcane shield, which I will probably do when it's time for that alt.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Liu posted:

reminds me of dota's "literally nothing" patches

Actually there is some good stuff in there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

There's a new dev in charge of the legacy collections, and he posted on reddit to lay out his goals. One of them being that items are no longer requiring events to fail. So that is moving in the right direction, and he seems cool. ANet never communicates as much or as often as we would like, but they have been making changes gradually since the HoT launch to fix or ease things we dislike.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Royal terrace pass is back on the gemstore, buy one like me so we can spam Arus with noise and particle effects allllllll day.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I don't really have a problem with the mastery system as it stands right now, after the changes they made post launch. People asked for pve achievements they could work for and they made them. I'm like mastery 19 and don't really care that I am far behind because there's nothing that I REALLY WANT at the end of it. I just enjoy the game as I have. There is still work to be done on improving the HoT maps, but I trust they will work it out in their own ANet fashion (not as fast or informative as we would like).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Mace is the coolest of the new weapons, shield face looks like :mrgw:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

AmericanGeeksta posted:

So I really suck at generating any type of cash flow in this game. I'm looking at getting my crafting up, and that requires gold. So what do you all do when you need to generate some cash. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something I can do here and there to generate a bit of gold.

Gathering routes are good for mindless money that you can fit into whatever space of time you had. I used to do an 20 minute one that would generate 4-5 gold. Goomteq will also net you 2-3 gold in addition to feeling good paying respects to pubbies.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

RhoA posted:

The gear was where I had the hardest part when playing GW2. I didn't really know how to make money in GW2, so I didn't know the best way to go about getting higher level gear once I hit 80. That also made changing the way the armor looked difficult, so I would just get frustrated. Not to mention some of the dyes are expensive as hell, so there's the money issue again.

What do you enjoy doing? Because pretty much every activity makes money in some way. Right now you can do the wintersday events and sell the drinks you get from the boxes for 7 silver a pop. Fractals and dungeons give money, even just going on some gathering routes makes really nice money.

Gearing is easy, you can get your new level 80 in rares for pretty dirt cheap, then it is just the matter of getting exotics, which you can get through wvw badges, dungeon tokens, guild comms, karma, or just straight up buying it. Any gear above exotic is long term and not very impactful.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah but now I can make like 12 gold off guild missions. They are great

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I found the jumping puzzle easy once I beat it a couple times and got the system down. Bonus that it is good money if you can do it fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

"I miss Dreggon" - Arus, during guild missions

• Locked thread