Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
This is the D2 of our time. If they kept WvW going for 10 years I'd probably play it for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress me sideways

Perfect spheres don't have a sideways (always wanted to get in on these jokes )

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

ruffz posted:

I got a sudden and unexplained itch to reinstall this after quitting a couple months post-launch. I'm guessing I'll barely recognize the game anymore after 3 years away. They seriously want $50 for the expansion coming out this month?

By Black Friday it will get a 25% sale and people will cry about how they paid full price and then the fanboys will say "Yeah well you enjoyed your month of game play at full price didn't you? :smugdog:" so what I'm saying is let the whales work out the kinks for a month and buy it on sale later.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

PartyCrown posted:

Looks like we're getting the Exalted back and not the Mursaat, still neat but the mursaat coming back would have been so cool.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-exalted-pure-dedication/

I like the guild wars archangels, they are pretty.

Tyreal!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just noticed that birdstaff turns your arm all feathery :swoon:

You have to collect all the bird pieces to become a Tengu

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dungeon changes are loving stupid, good job Anet.

I might actually do dungeons now that they won't be cookie clicker for gold pieces

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Sprite141 posted:

Yes, though I consider the grind to be getting the necesary ascended gear aside from amulets and trinkets which are easy as poo poo. Also isn't it such that the ar infusion in your gear can't be used in the creation of a higher level infusion? Like a +5 takes 2 +4's, but you can't use the +4 in your gear? If you don't have much ascended stuff, getting higher ar might be a bit of a pain considering how you increase infusions.

Yeah they should make it so that you can "bank" the infusions into your item every time you get it. That way you don't have to choose between creating a higher infusion or using the infusion to actually protect you. It's expensive and thus grindy, be design. Just a quick check on the trading post at the prices of infusions is enough to make a person close the fractal window with a big fat lol, no thanks.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Joust posted:

I prefer to keep that slot empty.

good joke

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I use the world vee world infusions in my gear so i can kill the guards faster

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is it even worth leveling a crating profession? Anything you can't buy?

Yeah there's a couple of special things like

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_of_Dwayna

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Blades

And all of the ascended armor. Legendary weapons can be bought.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can you fight in the deserts borderland if you didnt buy HoT?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Sweeet

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
One of the things I like about them nerfing the dungeon gold rate is that I dont do dungeons, so basically im poor. And people who do it, are rich. They can convert gold to gems and enjoy the pleasures of life. I cannot, because I wvw. So now they're being knocked down a peg we can all be poor and that makes me happy. Because a lot of items on the trading post are very expensive, due to inflation, due to things like people farming dungeons. This is basically Bernie Sanders waving a big old paw at the naughty dungeon farmers and helping me afford items on a wvw salary. Hopefully the rewards for fractals are not too good.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
thats 100% me friend, im happy about the gold nerf, i dont like any focused activity that gets people too wealthy because their hoarded wealth skews makes things too expensive for casuals such as myself. maybe they should tax people on their wealth, hell its not a bad idea, people would invest in expensive items like bolts of damask to keep their money illiquid but it'd be a start.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Its not that crazy of an idea some people have hundreds of thousands of gold and they are manipulating the cost of items on the TP. Thats not fair to the average player.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Visidan posted:

People complained about the wvw reset change, they changed their minds and made it saturday mornings an even worse time. RIP.

Yeah that's Bad.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Wait till you have kids; at 11am Ive been up for 6 hours already.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:qq: guys anet is literally making a quest about my life i'm so happy :qq:

reminds me of lotro when lore masters get the friend of the wild title

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
someone mentioned they saw HoT on sale for like 25 bucks can you like, post, when you see that.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
its k

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can someone photoshop Bernie Sanders into a Charr? For reasons.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
i didnt plunk down fifty american dollars for this very reason. also because i play maybe 1-2 hours a night to do my daily and blob with a bunch of other retards pressing 1

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm excited Friday.

That doesn't even make any sense!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Here's a funny thread if you are in need of a smile today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ps2zo/everyone_thats_preparing_for_release_please/

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Its 925 est and im at work. Make sure the bugs are fixed by the time I get home.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Minstrel is the new Nomads????

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Take your time and enjoy playing the game that took thousands of man hours to create, my friends.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

Well boob tops for light armor casters seem pretty popular.

the titty window is where a mage focuses her powers

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Can any one do a tiny effort post on what non-HoT people can enjoy post patch?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
That's actually a whole bunch of free, cool stuff. Thanks.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
patchin patchin patchin, keep them servers patchin

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

In this video, watch the Mesmer who isn't the one recording as she turns into a pink blur of death.

pls nerf that its too scary for me.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I can't wait to play HoT, when it's a free update.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Your Computer posted:

Finally found the perfect name for my elementalist.

Elementalists are hard, okay :negative:

You've got a lot of great names.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

brennon posted:

Berserker has been feeling pretty lackluster (really lackluster, I should say), and while Warrior is fun and seems sick for stomping people who aren't experienced it feels like hell against anyone playing well in sPvP (unless I'm doing obnoxious shoutbow stuff). I heard that they don't want to make any changes to either Warrior or Berserker though because they are intended to be "Underpowered slightly because they are so simple", is this actually true?

Warrior has always been this way, really. Think about the difficulty of Mesmer or Ele or Engi and now Rev: all involve complex switching in and out of things, planning moves based on the result of previous moves, etc. Warrior is very elementary to pull off successfully because of how simple it is, so making it less powerful makes sense.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
does the halloween content go away on halloween? the xpac is kind of overshadowing halloween, even dulfy seems low on details

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Since I dont have HoT i decided to spec some players in spvp to see what the elite specializations are like, as well as revenant. as far as revenant goes, what in the actual gently caress. Am I off base for thinking that they're incredibly overpowered?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

malhavok posted:

Compared to who? Did you try chronomancer? Reaper? Scrapper? Dragonhunter?

I dont have HoT so no I havent tried any of those. I mean in general. Or versus a player thats not elite spec'd. Seems like non elite specs are not competitive in spvp. You can still blob them down in WvW but in spvp its a laff.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Are there any non elite spec classes that can compete? I don't have Hot but I would like to try to play. Altough I watched a guy on twitch try to play spvp and he seemed very frustrated about the matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Winning games makes you lose, and throwing games makes you win. Very good. Excellent. I may have a shot at this, now.

• Locked thread