Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Or pay $100 like me if you're really stupid and hate yourself & money

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Off the top of my head the only things I can think of that are completely gone are clone death mesmers and ricochet thieves, everything else is better than before. I'm not in the least upset that they cut out a lot of the useless traits and rolled together OK traits to make pretty good ones or otherwise made many traits baseline.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Kajeesus posted:

They also got rid of Coated Bullets, which made the Engineer pistol skills penetrate and made the autoattack situationally awesome. It is a trait I miss. :(

Oh drat I didn't even realize. That was a good trait.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

GI_Clutch posted:

I just noticed they posted some new post-BWE3 dragonhunter changes.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-updates-post-BWE3-launch

Highlights include giving spear of justice a pull and traps are now instant and give you boons when triggered. Fragments of faith is now a stun breaker as well.

Speaking of

here are the daredevil changes presented without comment
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch

e: also this is 4 days old so this has probably already been discussed. oh well.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 10, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Mercurius posted:

Karl actually has just posted some more updates for Daredevil:

Vault and Weakening Strikes changes are good.

Good looking out, thanks for this!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

There's barely even a reason to do dungeons anyways. The content is old as hell and done to death and for the most part people just do the fastest ones to get a quick handful of gold. Making other things more rewarding is certainly a way to encourage you to do it but they are clearly trying to discourage people from even doing dungeons, which is unnecessary because dungeons do a good enough job doing that themselves.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Lyer posted:

It's funny how anet has been gradually trying to divorce itself from these things. I get the feeling once they've totally made them irrelevant, they're just going to remove them and make the story paths solo missions.

I guess we'll see by this time next expansion if they've moved away from fractals and raids because they decided it's easier to design new stuff than try and improve existing content.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Tivac posted:

John Smith is a super proactive guy, being a jerk because you don't agree with him isn't very cool.

Underwater combat was a cool idea that wasn't as cool in practice, so it's being de-emphasized. This approach to content focus is nothing new but I'm sorry that some of you are upset by that.

:drac:

Underwater combat is cool but anet wasn't willing to put any effort since launch into improving it. Dungeons were cool but besides some adjustments to AC bosses dungeons have had virtually no adjustment at all to make them more fun or less simple to rush through. I don't see how this is being proactive; this is putting out sub optimal content and then doing nothing to make it better and just hoping that nobody minds. Either remove the content because it doesn't meet quality standards, or raise it to meet those standards. "Deincentivization" is an idiotic non-solution that serves nobody.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Organza Quiz posted:

John Smith is the guy who works with the game's economy, I don't think him being proactive or not has much to do with whether dungeons are fun to play or not.

Maybe he won't make them more fun but he sure pointlessly robbed the only reason to do them, and it's a lot less fun to endure when you know there's no point!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Organza Quiz posted:

That is literally the entire point of what they're trying to do. They're trying to make it pointless to endure doing it so that you go and do the other content that they actually want you to do.

Then I go back to my point: why the half measure? If it's so bad you don't want people to do it then remove it. If you think it's bad but worth keeping then improve it, or at the very least don't make it worse. There is absolutely positively no point in deincentivization. If they want people to do fractals over dungeons they don't have to try hard at all. They can very easily make fractals more profitable without making dungeons less profitable.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is it even worth leveling a crating profession? Anything you can't buy?

If you don't plan on making your own ascended/legendary gear you can safely steer clear of crafting altogether. There are some account bound crafting backpacks you can make that have some ok skins that you can't buy but that isn't compelling enough to level up a crafting discipline unless you REALLY like them.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
The new staff looks like Kasmeer's staff only bigger and worse. It's the truth, sorry.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Manliest Mancess is a good name

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Generic Octopus posted:

Tears of disappointment.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
:siren:IT HAS BEGUN:siren:

e: 70mb in and download has all but stopped. This is going to be a long night.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 23, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

What the gently caress is this there's no asura rear end

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
General:

Movement skills such as the warrior’s Savage Leap will no longer be affected by animation speed changes from quickness or slow.

It's a Halloween miracle

also

“Sic ‘Em”: The effect from this ability is no longer removed when you give your pet another command.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 23, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
So I have begun my crafting of my Quip precursor, stage one involves three different kinds of tasks:

-Throwing harpy pheromones on things, including enemies like the molten firestorm
-Picking on (/laugh) at various NPCs in the game
-Eating too much candy and vomiting in inappropriate places

Heart of Thorn is a 10/10

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Revenant pictures

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

brainSnakes posted:

the whole scrappers can rez allies with a drone thing doesn't seem to be working for me at all.

i'm sure people appreciate my staring blankly at their floundering corpse asses as monsters tear them apart though, so it's cool.

Are you trying to do it while it's on cooldown? Function Gyro has a 20s CD.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

Ok thank gently caress.

Guess I'll get everything eventually, I'll focus on the gliding poo poo and legendaries for now.

If you are going into legendary crafting make sure it's an expensive precursor or one of the new ones that you can't get any other way. If you're going for a cheap-to-mid priced precursor you're probably better off just buying the precursor off the trading post. I liked the collection junk to unlock the recipe but once I saw the recipe I decided I was just going to put in the 350 gold buy order instead.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I feel pretty confident anet will do something about elite specs. Ideally I'd like it if they simultaneously reduced the cost of elite specs and retroactively refunded the hero points already spent on them.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I think that, in no small part, an issue is that the megaservers try to keep the amount of players within a certain minimum and maximum, but is unconcerned with idle players. I really really like the big zone-wide meta events that require coordination on several different fronts, but with the number of people who are sitting around idle that can severely hinder efforts.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Finally maxed out my first elite spec. I had world completion and it was still a huge pain because I had a very hard time getting to enough hero challenges that didn't require some mastery I didn't have or weren't locked behind some event chain that didn't come to pass.

Even though they allegedly patched it I still can't continue the story because it still says I need poison mastery to do it. I would really like to continue on in the story because after all that grinding I had to do (admittedly it was a self-inflicted imperative) I would really just like to have something new to do, but I can't advance anymore and I'm having a hard time finding populated Auric Basin and Tangled Depths maps to do the event chains, and for now I've had my fill of Verdant Brink.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

I got world completion on all my characters except my brand new revenant. I was expecting day 1.

I think it's safe to say just about nobody expected it to take this long to unlock elite specs.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Fixing player population and reducing the number of hero points to get an elite spec, plus a relatively smooth launch and fairly quick addressing and fixing of bugs. I like this new anet.

I'm a horrible monster that got world complete on all my characters, so 5 hero challenges is much easier than 20.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 28, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Reaper is cool so I drew a picture of mine, an Asura (trigger warning). It's right here. Ok bye.

:tem:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I wasn't using a guide, and now that I've done it I need to ask: was there a better way to get the story journal achievement Leave It to Me (complete the teamwork trial without reviving any pact soldiers)? Because what I ended up doing was kiting the boss back to where you respawn and dying over and over and over and over again while I very slowly headbutt the boss to death.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Even if it doesn't reduce a break bar by much, it still does reduce it. Keeping an enemy crippled or chilled or immobilized prevents them from regenerating their break bar.

\/\/\/ enemies don't have cooldowns on their skills which is also why things like chill, mesmer power block, or daredevil distracting daggers don't prevent enemies from using skills \/\/\/

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 1, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Harrow posted:

Then again, we haven't seen the raid mastery track yet.

Hedging my bets on this. There is no way they didn't make masteries for raids, they just don't want people getting a head start on any of that so they aren't in yet.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

CLAM DOWN posted:

• By far the most crucial and biggest reason I keep playing this long and still going is the wonderful people I play with, SFD has given me the best group of internet people I've ever found and I even enjoy bad games and bad content with those wonderful nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Managed to do an entire dragon's stand without crashing. Looks like the 64 bit client fixed my problems, or at least made them exceedingly rare. Thanks anet!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Don't forget Reaper's Onslaught also makes it so kills reduce the cooldown on shroud abilities by 5 seconds. If you're doing PvE in the expansion zones, especially Dragon's Stand, the game has the tendency to throw a billion popcorn enemies at you and being able to do more soul spirals is great.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I would pay like $30+ for an infinite transmutation charge in a heartbeat.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
The reason I hear is clipping issues, but looking at existing weapons and armor that hasn't been a concern in the past.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Harrow posted:

So, I don't think ArenaNet will be breaking off from NCSoft any time soon. Apparently NCSoft is making a late-to-the-party MOBA and Rytlock is in it.

Part of me had always hoped in the chinese release of gw2 Rytlock would still be voiced by Steve Blum who learned his lines phonetically

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
For your reading convenience you may substitute the last several pages with the sound of a deflating whoopie cushion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Speaking of grinds I haven't even collected a full set of bladed armor yet. Not only is the idea of getting 2500 airship parts daunting (especially since you are essentially at the mercy of how often you get an cache/bag with 25 parts in it instead of 3 or 5), but I have yet to even be in a single Verdant Brink that got anywhere close to tier 4. "Play during prime time, try to get taxied to an active map" are not useful advice to me, and considering the amount of time you have to invest to make sure you get high enough participation for both day and night, it is just a poo poo show. I haven't moved on to any of the other zones besides cursory exploration involved in doing the story because I still want to get my anti-hug armor.

• Locked thread