Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ouhei posted:

Pick a flex, 1 PPR ESPN scoring:

Sproles v. NO
T. Smith v. NYG
T. Williams v. NE
Marvin Jones v. SEA
M. Bryant v. SD

Leaning Sproles, but I kinda want to stick Bryant in there...

Sproles
Bryant
Williams (would be higher for me if not PPR)
Jones
T Smith Drop him already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Gore
J Hill
Latavius Murray
Hillman

Pick Two. PPR.

The problem is that Murray and JHill are questionable and Gore plays tonight. I can't decide whether to throw him in there as a safe, low ceiling bet. I guess I always have Hillman if one of the backs doesn't go.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Marshmallow Blue posted:

T Smith Drop him already

Yeah, I want to drop him the only problem is this league is a wasteland (14 teams)

Available though:

Richard Matthews
Allen Hurns
Cecil Shorts

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Yeah, I want to drop him the only problem is this league is a wasteland (14 teams)

Available though:

Richard Matthews
Allen Hurns
Cecil Shorts

Hurns

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Hurns til it burns baby

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Reggie Died posted:

Can't decide between Blount and Lewis this week. I forsee this being an ongoing headache...

Lewis will get the majority of the carries to start, but Blount will clean up once the game get's out of hand

I don't know how other people feel about this but... Blount so hard it hurts. He has a floor of a 3-4 points and has a very high ceiling from potential: 2nd half ground and pound, garbage time, and poaching red zone touchdowns. Worst case, it is a close game and Cowboys DLine holds up (possible if Cowboys defense steps up and the Cowboys offense can control the game similar to the 2014 Seahawks formula). I very much doubt the Patriots will get behind early and it turns into a shoot out.

I am playing Blount in my Flex spot over Melvin Gordon (can we make a neat nickname for him now... saying Gordon reminds me of the bad Gordon) and Ronnie Hillman in place of Karlos Williams if Williams is ruled out.

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Got an awful mess at WR, looking for 3 WRs in a Yahoo standard no-PPR:

T.Y. Hilton @ HOU (starting)
James Jones v STL (starting)

That leaves me starting one of these folks at the last spot:

Martavius Bryant @ SD
Michael Crabtree v DEN
Vincent Jackson v JAX
Golden Tate v ARI

Any thoughts? I've got Bryant in right now.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
^ I might consider Tate but honestly it feels like kind of a coin flip considering we have nothing to go on with Bryant this season and he has Vick throwing to him.

Would it be overthinking it if I sat Jeremy Hill going against the Seattle defense? My only real alternative is starting Spiller who has the better matchup with Philadelphia, but aside from that one catch last week he's not exactly reliable. I just feel a "15 carries for 40 yards, no TDs" at best performance coming from Hill. e: I could also pick up boobie dixon against Tennessee, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also Delanie Walker vs Buffalo or Antonio Gates vs Pittsburgh, and
Matt Ryan vs Washington or Carson Palmer @ Detroit?

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 9, 2015

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Murphy Brownback posted:

^ I might consider Tate but honestly it feels like kind of a coin flip considering we have nothing to go on with Bryant this season and he has Vick throwing to him.

Would it be overthinking it if I sat Jeremy Hill going against the Seattle defense? My only real alternative is starting Spiller who has the better matchup with Philadelphia, but aside from that one catch last week he's not exactly reliable. I just feel a "15 carries for 40 yards, no TDs" at best performance coming from Hill. e: I could also pick up boobie dixon against Tennessee, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Also Delanie Walker vs Buffalo or Antonio Gates vs Pittsburgh, and
Matt Ryan vs Washington or Carson Palmer @ Detroit?

I hear ya, I'm in a similar boat.

For QB, I'd do Matt Ryan.

-----

For my PPR league, I'm trying to decide who to put in as my Flex. Amari Cooper or Pierre Garcon? I Think Garcon has the better matchup, considering how the Falcons were re: Hopkins last week, but I can't tell if I'm trying to rationalize subbing in a worse player who has a "better" matchup vs. someone who's just a better player? Plus, there's the potential for DeSean Jackson to play this weekend too?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
FWIW, I'm starting Cooper (and Cobb) over Garcon in my 1 PPR league. I'm trying to decide between Garcon and Jordan Matthews at FLEX.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

ESPN Standard scoring, I need TWO running backs; current choices in bold.

Alfred Morris @ATL
Ronnie Hillman @OAK
CJ Anderson @OAK
Legarette Blount @DAL
Danny Woodhead vPIT

I don't know if I want to gamble on Denver's rotating shitfest or if I want to gamble on Blount reproducing anything close to his last game. I hate my running backs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a tricky decision this week. I need a flex (non-ppr) and my choices are:

Stevie Johnson vs PIT (Questionable, may not play)
Desean Jackson @ ATL (Questionable, may not play)
LeSean McCoy @ TEN (Doubtful, almost certainly won't play)
Sammy Watkins @ TEN (Questionable, probably won't play)
Darren McFadden vs NE (I'm starting Randle already)
Christine Michael vs NE (Ditto)
Boobie Dixon @ TEN (Probably sucks)

Help me

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

I have a tricky decision this week. I need a flex (non-ppr) and my choices are:

Stevie Johnson vs PIT (Questionable, may not play)
Desean Jackson @ ATL (Questionable, may not play)
LeSean McCoy @ TEN (Doubtful, almost certainly won't play)
Sammy Watkins @ TEN (Questionable, probably won't play)
Darren McFadden vs NE (I'm starting Randle already)
Christine Michael vs NE (Ditto)
Boobie Dixon @ TEN (Probably sucks)

Help me

Ew.

Stevie is the play if he's healthy, but you're likely not going to know that before Monday. It sounds like Dan Herron might get more touches than Boobie. I'd consider dropping Dixon, either for Herron or for someone more reliable on the wire.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Ew.

Stevie is the play if he's healthy, but you're likely not going to know that before Monday. It sounds like Dan Herron might get more touches than Boobie. I'd consider dropping Dixon, either for Herron or for someone more reliable on the wire.

Herron is owned. I can grab Golden Tate, Rashad Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Shane Vereen, Eddie Royal, etc.

Any of them worth grabbing and starting over Boobie?

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
^ Royal might be better to hold onto than Boobie. Buf's RB situation is going to make Dallas jealous with it's rotation this week

Pick a RB and Flex, 0PPR Yahoo Standard.

Blount v Dal
John Brown v Det
Jeremy Hill v Sea
Willie Snead v Phi

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

nollij posted:

I don't know how other people feel about this but... Blount so hard it hurts. He has a floor of a 3-4 points and has a very high ceiling from potential: 2nd half ground and pound, garbage time, and poaching red zone touchdowns. Worst case, it is a close game and Cowboys DLine holds up (possible if Cowboys defense steps up and the Cowboys offense can control the game similar to the 2014 Seahawks formula). I very much doubt the Patriots will get behind early and it turns into a shoot out.

I am playing Blount in my Flex spot over Melvin Gordon (can we make a neat nickname for him now... saying Gordon reminds me of the bad Gordon) and Ronnie Hillman in place of Karlos Williams if Williams is ruled out.

Is there any reason not to start both if you have them? I'm in a similar situation, but have both on my active roster right now and think that it looks like my best bet. Could also sub in Latavius Murray or Danny Woodhead. I may also be blinded by my hatred of the Cowboys and the desire to see them suffer.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

^ Royal might be better to hold onto than Boobie. Buf's RB situation is going to make Dallas jealous with it's rotation this week

Blount v Dal
John Brown v Det
Jeremy Hill v Sea
Willie Snead v Phi

Hill and Brown

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

Blount v Dal
John Brown v Det
Jeremy Hill v Sea
Willie Snead v Phi

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sir Plus posted:

ESPN Standard scoring, I need TWO running backs; current choices in bold.

Alfred Morris @ATL
Ronnie Hillman @OAK
CJ Anderson @OAK
Legarette Blount @DAL
Danny Woodhead vPIT

I don't know if I want to gamble on Denver's rotating shitfest or if I want to gamble on Blount reproducing anything close to his last game. I hate my running backs.

Worth noting - while Denver's line did look improved last week, their LT has been ruled out and Evan Mathis is questionable, which makes Denver RBs more risky this week.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Lynch is out.

Do I grab rawls again or go Antonio Gates

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Gio or Hill in 0.5 PPR ?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Standard format.

I'm carrying McCoy, Special K, and Carolina D on my bench in addition to having Ivory on bye.

I have Daniels and Gates slotted in TE and Flex positions. My only other available player is Pierre Garcon. Is Garcon a better play than either Daniels or Gates for flex this week?

K. Aiken, R. Randle, Crabtree, M Jones, Sproles, and R. Mathews are all Waiver options as well if I wanted to drop Garcon or Daniels.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

.5 PPR, need to select two RBs:

Yeldon @ TB
Spiller @ Phi
CJA @ Oak
Matt Jones @ ATL

Currently have Yeldon and Spiller slated.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Abdullah or Rawls in PPR? I'm leaning Rawls since Lynch and Jackson are dead.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Cervixalot posted:

.5 PPR, need to select two RBs:

Yeldon @ TB
Spiller @ Phi
CJA @ Oak
Matt Jones @ ATL

Currently have Yeldon and Spiller slated.

Yeldon and Spiller.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Lynch is out.

Do I grab rawls again or go Antonio Gates

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Abdullah or Rawls in PPR? I'm leaning Rawls since Lynch and Jackson are dead.

I would go Abdullah. Even with Lynch out and Jackson questionable, there is still no guarantee that Rawls, or any other Seahawk will get consistently targeted. Darrell Bevell is a psychopath

E: my advice applies to the above poster as well. Any Seahawk is a gamble (except Hauschka)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

If standard, Rawls. PPR.....I dunno.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

0.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, bold = currently starting:

Gurley @GB
Hillman @Oak
Jhill vSea
L Murray vDen

Mostly wondering if I should start Murray over Hillman. Bad match up for Murray but he's also the main back on that team and very stud-like.

I started Gore in my flex like a scrub

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So with Alshon Jeffrey looking real unlikely to play, do i start...

CJ Spiller @ Phi
John Brown @ Det
or
Allen Hurns @ TB

Leaning Hurns atm, but liking John Brown too

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

old dog child posted:

0.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, bold = currently starting:

Gurley @GB
Hillman @Oak
Jhill vSea
L Murray vDen

Mostly wondering if I should start Murray over Hillman. Bad match up for Murray but he's also the main back on that team and very stud-like.

I started Gore in my flex like a scrub

I don't like the matchup either but I'd probably go with Murray over Hillman just because we know he's definitely the guy.

VietCampo posted:

So with Alshon Jeffrey looking real unlikely to play, do i start...

CJ Spiller @ Phi
John Brown @ Det
or
Allen Hurns @ TB

Leaning Hurns atm, but liking John Brown too

Hurns

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

NFL.com, standard scoring, need a flex

Hillman @ Oakland
Cooks @ Philadelphia

Leaning Hillman, but I'm just waiting for an explosion from Cooks and would prefer it not happen on my bench.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Gobias Ind. posted:

NFL.com, standard scoring, need a flex

Hillman @ Oakland
Cooks @ Philadelphia

Leaning Hillman, but I'm just waiting for an explosion from Cooks and would prefer it not happen on my bench.

I have the same decision and feel pretty solidly Hillman. If he gets half or more the work for Denver he should be better than cooks unless cooks breaks out this week. I watched that last NO game and felt like I had the 3rd stringer on a meh offense. Feels to me like Hillman scores more points like 60-70% chance. I'm assuming the "cooks is a stud" dream is dead until he proves otherwise.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
8 team PPR

More importantly:

Jeremy Maclin vs. CHI
Alshon Jeffery @ KC

Assuming Jeffery is active obviously.

Just for shits:

Devonta Freeman vs WAS
Todd Gurley @ GB

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
With Martavis probably out this week I need someone else for my flex, half ppr:

L Murray v Den
CJ Anderson @ Oak
Agholor v NO
Randle v NE

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 10, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

gingerberger posted:

I have the same decision and feel pretty solidly Hillman. If he gets half or more the work for Denver he should be better than cooks unless cooks breaks out this week. I watched that last NO game and felt like I had the 3rd stringer on a meh offense. Feels to me like Hillman scores more points like 60-70% chance. I'm assuming the "cooks is a stud" dream is dead until he proves otherwise.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Non-ppr
God help me

Boobie Dixon @ TEN
or
Golden Tate vs ARI

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

RCarr posted:

Non-ppr
God help me

Boobie Dixon @ TEN
or
Golden Tate vs ARI

I'd probably go Tate primarily because all signs point to Boom outperforming Boobie and Boobie is historically only good for about 0.5 YPC anyway.

Yahoo Standard 0PPR
Start Blount or Duke?
Opponent is starting Dion.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

I'd probably go Tate primarily because all signs point to Boom outperforming Boobie and Boobie is historically only good for about 0.5 YPC anyway.

Yahoo Standard 0PPR
Start Blount or Duke?
Opponent is starting Dion.

If those are your only choices go Blount in standard and hope the pats build a lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

District Selectman posted:

Gio or Hill in 0.5 PPR ?

• Locked thread