Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder what would happen if terrorists took over a nuclear power facility in arkansas? probably not much, but still, it kinda makes you think maybe these facilities are not as secure as we once thought. maybe someone should think of a solution. like for example, stationing gamorian guards around the facility. bib fortuna could be head of security and they could have ewoks hidden in the woods to ensnare terrorists using primitive weaponry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
a good terrorist would target the head of a major corporation

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

ewoks aren't real

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

dad gay. so what posted:

i wonder what would happen if terrorists took over a nuclear power facility in arkansas? probably not much, but still, it kinda makes you think maybe these facilities are not as secure as we once thought. maybe someone should think of a solution. like for example, stationing gamorian guards around the facility. bib fortuna could be head of security and they could have ewoks hidden in the woods to ensnare terrorists using primitive weaponry.

They usually are pretty heavily armed guards at nuke facilities. They even drill for such instances as some dudes with guns ramming through the gate/fence with a truck etc. Most of em are ex-military, some police.

E: my old man and my brother both work at a local Dominion plant.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

based on the terrorists I know of the power would be on for about 2 hours a day and the rest of the time at the power plant would be spent smoking cigarettes or chewing khat.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

They usually are pretty heavily armed guards at nuke facilities. They even drill for such instances as some dudes with guns ramming through the gate/fence with a truck etc. Most of em are ex-military, some police.

are any of them gamorian?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Probably not much of anything, it's not like there is a big red self-destruct button, would you know how to make a nuclear power plant go supercritical?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Now that I've clicked this thread can you tell me the one weird trick that they don't want me to know?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

america are the terrorists if u really think about it

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

dad gay. so what posted:

are any of them gamorian?

Nope, but they are pretty aggressive due to boredom! Those dudes love nothing more than some idiot sub trying to get through the gate reeking of pot. Then they get to rip dudes out of the vehicle and do the ole' hood slam thing.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Probably not much of anything, it's not like there is a big red self-destruct button, would you know how to make a nuclear power plant go supercritical?

no but if i trained for a few years in a nuclear power plant simulator i could probably learn a few tricks.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

Nope, but they are pretty aggressive due to boredom! Those dudes love nothing more than some idiot sub trying to get through the gate reeking of pot. Then they get to rip dudes out of the vehicle and do the ole' hood slam thing.

they should lower a bathysphere into the cooling tower and hide from the cylons

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nation posted:

a good terrorist would target the head of a major corporation

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
they could have a sarlac pit

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Worst case is Arkansas becomes a radiation-soaked nuclear wasteland, which would be a small improvement over the status quo.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im gonna eat 5 guys burgers and fries for lunch today

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the problem in america is we always focus on our differences. of course the terrorists would attack a nuclear plant. if theyd just attack some coal plants, though, they're basically committing terrorism themselves with greenhouse gasses so the terrorists could get their message across and we wouldn't have to go loving occupy syria about it because in the end they they brought america a step closer to clean energy

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:chloe:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what would they even do? shut down power for a while before SWAT came and slaughtered them?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Who cares about Arkansas?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

for real where even is Arkansas? Next to Kansas?

Why aren't we putting more nuclear power plants there is the question.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

bib fortuna

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
They can try but they best not try outside cuz I eco'd last round and now I have an AWP

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

i'm sure if you turned all the nobs and pushed all the buttons you could make something bad happen

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

for real where even is Arkansas? Next to Kansas?

Why aren't we putting more nuclear power plants there is the question.
I was going to be all "heh look at you not knowing things" but then realized that tbh if you put a map in front of me I could point to the general part of the country it's in but probably it'd take me a couple tries to pinpoint which state it was :eng99:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Gropiemon posted:

ewoks aren't real

sshhh that only promotes ewok invisibility in our society

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Three Olives posted:

three olives you are cool so you should join us for GBS IRC and hang out with us

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

im gonna eat 5 guys burgers and fries for lunch today

I'm eating a McDonald's double quarter pounder with cheese and thinking of you my friend

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
what exactly would they do with it? shut down people's power? lol

its notl ike you can just walk into a reactor and pull out a suitcase bomb

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
bib fortuna invented bibs

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
and bbq buffets

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to get a subway for lunch

what subway should i get

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

im going to get a subway for lunch

what subway should i get

Tuna on whole wheat. No other toppings.

Just a mound of poo poo on a dry piece of bread

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
correction: I'm having pizza and wine

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
so what

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Tuna on whole wheat. No other toppings.

Just a mound of poo poo on a dry piece of bread
toasted then microwaved

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

:itwaspoo:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hans gruber would be all "shoot. the glass" lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

what exactly would they do with it? shut down people's power? lol

its notl ike you can just walk into a reactor and pull out a suitcase bomb

considering the state of disrepair americas nuclear arsenal is in, it would likely be easier to just break into an actual minuteman silo and steal the warhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

they should lower a bathysphere into the cooling tower and hide from the cylons

That "bathysphere" youre thinking of is just an old deep sink from the old locker rooms before the remodel I'm pretty sure. Maybe try it anyways?

• Locked thread