Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should whatis actually kill himself?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Season about to start, Toxx time.

You gals and guys were throwing your dumb drunk opinions around left and right this offseason. Bet you didn't think anyone was keep track. Lets get this started:

tofes posted:

I guarantee the Sharks are a playoff team next year and you can :toxx: me on that

VJeff posted:

I'm sick of you dumb moron idiots and your doubts of the Oshdog!

Provided he plays as many games he did in his full years with the Blues (min. 76), TJ Oshie will reach a career high in goals and in points in both the regular season and playoffs in 2015-16.
:toxx:

Jordan7hm posted:

(I'll do an EHM sim of the SAS Draft)

I will this time. Consider it a toxx I guess.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll wager that buffalo isn't bottom 5
(see also)

And in response

Ginette Reno posted:

If Buffalo finishes out of the bottom 5 I'll buy a Dan Bylsma avatar and wear it for a year :toxx:

JollyPubJerk posted:

[Buffalo are] making the playoffs. They have an entire new top 6, an actual coach, a possibly great goaltender (but this isnt requirement), and some great defense, just short on the left side :toxx:

whatis posted:

:toxx: buffalo will not rank bottom five in goals per game or goals allowed per game. if they do, i'll fuckin kill myself!!!!!

Woah.

RC Cola posted:

If the Blackhawks don't win the cup this year I'll buy a jersey of the team that knocks them out of the playoffs, and take a picture of me wearing it doing an impression of whatever players jersey I buy and make it my avatar. If the Hawks miss the playoffs entirely I'll buy a jersey of every team that finished higher than them that also missed the playoffs and do a YouTube video of impersonations. :toxx:

Might need you to firm this one up a bit:

.Spec posted:

swap Scuderi with Lovejoy (who I feel like I should toxx myself on him making it even to the deadline without getting waved) and I would get on board.

Habibi posted:

I don't want to spend five dollars or whatever on a Tanguay av (if someone wants to get me one, though, I'd wear it), but I would one hundred percent do the latter and you can :toxx: me on it.

e: I'll post pictures of the letter, envelope, and me actually putting it into a post office box, as well as any responses or further correspondence as may occur.

TT making dumb bets all over the place.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll toxx bet you [Hammond] puts up average or better numbers this year

So above league average at the end of the season? Is there a minimum games played?

Overwined posted:

For every Ottawa Senator PK Subban injures, I will give USD $1,000 to the Children's Defense Fund. I will give $10,000 if he injures a sports journalist of any stripe.

EDIT: Inserted Ottawa before Senators. We cool, NSA?

Big money. HK, care to make a judgement call on what qualifies as injured? TIA!

Koopa Kid posted:

Every player on the Leafs roster will record at least one goal this year.

Hey I'm down, make it active roster, min 9 games played (cause I ain't writing poo poo about Nathan Horton) and I'll toxx it.

Bernie and Rime Time better start watching old Fatty tapes.

VJeff posted:

If Brad Richards records a point in his regular season Red Wings debut, I will immediately buy an av of him. :toxx:

And finally, a trend I can really get behind:

Austrian mook posted:

Alright you little fucks, it's time we cleared some things up. The Anaheim Ducks. You know them, god knows I fuckin know them, but what about them. Three words, THE STANELY CUP. For sure, no doubt, EA sim predicted it, Im predicting it and frankly anyone with anything more than a loving crumpled up brussel sprout in between their ears is predicting it. How will they win? Ryan Getzlaf. The one, the only, the best god drat hockey player on God's great earth. Ive had the visions, I've done the math. Its a done deal. Getzlaf will hoist the cup, again, and theres not a loving thing any one of you fuckers can do to stop it.

:toxx: If it doesnt happen, Im gone all off season

Why not make it a double?

I'll join the fun:

:toxx: Dallas Stars Best Team in Hockey will make it out of the first round this year. If they fail to do so I will buy an AV of whichever team/player that puts the final nail in. If, like stupid BS last year, they fail to make the playoffs, I'll do the same for whomever eliminates form contention (how I got the awful Buffatar). Additionally, if they miss the playoffs I'll donate :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: to MSF. :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
For what it's worth, if you guys could refrain from literally killing yourselves, that would be appreciated.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

If Kessel doesn't win the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy, I'll get an av of whichever player does :toxx:

If Kessel scores less than 50 goals, I'll donate the difference to MSF :toxx:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

If Kessel scores less than 50 goals, I'll donate the difference to MSF :toxx:

In single dollars? Because a $9 donation sounds kinda pointless.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

The Coyotes will "earn" (and win) the 1st overall pick this year or I will not complain 1 single time when they are moved out of Glendale. And they are going to move sooner than later. :toxx:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

ThinkTank posted:

In single dollars? Because a $9 donation sounds kinda pointless.

Believe me, I'd give more if I could.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
If Connor McDavid does not register 60+ points this season (even if he gets put on IR or sent-down for whatever reason, no excuses) I will change my avatar to something of a Calgary Flames' fan's choosing and will hang onto it until the end of the 2016-17 season.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
oops wrong thread

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So to tighten the toxx if the Hawks miss the playoffs I'll buy a jersey of a player on every team that did finished above them that also missed the playoffs. I will then make a video of me acting like either the player or the team (so if Arizona does better I'll crawl on the ground and try to eat my Pomeranian like a coyote). If they don't win the cup same thing but for the team that knocks them out. And if its the Ducks I'll let Mook choose the player.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i made two toxxes in addition to the suicide pact:

1) the buffalo sabres will make the playoffs
and
2) the boston bruins will miss the playoffs

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

RC Cola posted:

So to tighten the toxx if the Hawks miss the playoffs I'll buy a jersey of a player on every team that did finished above them that also missed the playoffs. I will then make a video of me acting like either the player or the team (so if Arizona does better I'll crawl on the ground and try to eat my Pomeranian like a coyote). If they don't win the cup same thing but for the team that knocks them out. And if its the Ducks I'll let Mook choose the player.

Many, I have never wanted the Coyotes to finish 17th so much ever.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You may want to sit down for a while. This is a big one.

The squares are (a little clarification), top left to bottom right:
  • Alexander Semin finishes the season on a team not called the Montreal Canadiens (St John's counts as not Montreal)
  • The Habs get Swept out of the playoffs. If the Habs aren't in the playoffs, this one counts automatically.
  • Max Pacioretty fails to score 40 goals
  • The Habs lose their regular season series to Boston (I count them as playing 5 games, the Habs need to win at least 3)
  • The Habs fail to make the playoffs
  • The Habs lose their regular season series to Toronto (I count them as playing 4 games, the Habs need to win at least 3)
  • PK Subban has more than 80 PIMs
  • Carey Price has a SV% of less than .927
  • Alex Galchenyuk finishes the season playing in a position that is not Center

For every square that is true, $10 to dans le rue. For every line that is true (diagonals count!) $100 to Dans le Rue. If the whole thing is true, ban me thread and $500 to Dans le rue.
I may use Australian Funbux to pay for this - we'll see what the exchange rate is.

If NONE of it is true (and I'm expecting at least Semin to be gone by the end of the season), I get a brand new Avatar featuring Michel Therrien as chosen by HAS. If Therrien is no longer the coach, I will get one of Goldblum/Bergevin.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Schlesische posted:

If the whole thing is true, ban me thread and $500 to Dans le rue.

Being swept out of the playoffs after not making the playoffs might be a tad difficult, even for the Habs.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Infidel Castro posted:

Being swept out of the playoffs after not making the playoffs might be a tad difficult, even for the Habs.

Schlesische posted:

• The Habs get Swept out of the playoffs. If the Habs aren't in the playoffs, this one counts automatically.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Schlesische posted:

Creative. I like it.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone make me a punishment?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Believe me, I'd give more if I could.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'll put my money where my mouth is and say I'll give $1 to MSF for every goal the Canucks and Kessel score combined this year (max $300).

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

On the day after the end of the regular season, I shall eat one McDonald's cheeseburger for every game that Andrew Hammond started and either lost or was pulled from for being terrible, and I'll also give ten dollars to Roger's House for every NHL goal scored by any Ottawa Senators player, as long as that player is over the age of 35 and his first name is Chris.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

JollyPubJerk posted:

someone make me a punishment?

Okay. If Boston misses the playoffs, Aphrodite has to go on a date with you.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JoelJoel posted:

Okay. If Boston misses the playoffs, Aphrodite has to go on a date with you.

Why not something less cruel?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

RC Cola posted:

Why not something less cruel?

Because HK explicitly asked us to refrain from killing ourselves.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

For my Hammond one I'll allow group consensus to dictate the conditions if it's close

But you'd better believe I'll stump for him

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i will donate $5 to MSF for each point of difference between the new york rangers and the new york islanders at the end of the regular season. so if they finish 20 points apart, it's $100, et cetera

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If the Bruins make the playoffs I will donate $1 per point earned in the standings to a charity...I don't know which yet, but I would like to do something local here in DC. I am open to suggestions though to anything in DC, Boston, or a nationwide charity that does cool stuff.

If the Bruins miss the playoffs, I will donate $0.25 per point earned in the standings, multiplied by how many spots out of a playoff spot they were. Minimum donation of $50
Ex: Say theoretically the Bruins earn 84 points and end up last in the East. That would be 84 x .25 = $21, times seven spots out of the 8th seed, so $147. Like I said, the minimum donation will be $50, so even if they finish with 100 points and only 1 spot out of the playoffs, I'd do $50 instead of $25 per the math I outlined.

Additionally, if Montreal sweeps the season series against Boston I will make the above donation, whichever it is, to a charity of HAS' choosing at the end of the season. Donation will be made prior to the end of the playoffs.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 11, 2015

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

if the penguins miss the playoffs i will donate the the combined points total (in USD) of crosby, malkin, and kessel to a yet-undecided charity, in rob scuderi's name

if the pens make the playoffs i will donate the combined points total of the top scorer from each team that finishes below the pens in the eastern conference, multiplied by MAF's SV% (again in USD) to an undisclosed charity

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

If the Rangers don't make the playoffs: $20 to the USA Hockey Foundation (in hopes of funding future prospects...)

If the Rangers make the playoffs: $20 to the Katie Moore Foundation and $20 to the Fund for Public Schools of NYC.
+
If the Rangers win the cup: $20 to MSG's Garden of Dreams Foundation
If the Rangers don't win the cup: $20 to a charity located in the city of the team that eliminates them from the playoffs

Edit: will be posting payment proof soon :negative:

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 28, 2016

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If the Devils finish bottom five in the league, I get myself a new avatar and donate $50 to a charity of my choice (named at the time).

If the Devils get the first draft pick, I will donate $80.

If the Devils make the playoffs, I will donate $120.

If none of these things happen, I will donate $50 to a charity of the first Rangers fan to respond's choice.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

If the Devils finish bottom five in the league, I get myself a new avatar and donate $50 to a charity of my choice (named at the time).

If the Devils get the first draft pick, I will donate $80.

If the Devils make the playoffs, I will donate $120.

If none of these things happen, I will donate $50 to a charity of the first Rangers fan to respond's choice.

i am a rangers fan and i would like to do a funny joke here but i would rather $50 dollars go to MSF so that is my choice

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

a false posted:

i am a rangers fan and i would like to do a funny joke here but i would rather $50 dollars go to MSF so that is my choice

MSF = Medecins Sans Frontieres?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

flakeloaf posted:

On the day after the end of the regular season, I shall eat one McDonald's cheeseburger for every game that Andrew Hammond started and either lost or was pulled from for being terrible, and I'll also give ten dollars to Roger's House for every NHL goal scored by any Ottawa Senators player, as long as that player is over the age of 35 and his first name is Chris.

Flip on this. I will eat a mcdonalds hamburger with 48 hours for every game Hammond wins. At end of season, I will go to the bars owned by the over 35 players name chris, and drink 1 beer for every goal they scored (Central Bierhaus for Neil, Big Rig for Phillips). I will not eat any food at big rig because I always get food poisoning there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If the John Tortorella-led Columbus Blue Jackets make the playoffs, I will make a donation to The John and Christine Tortorella Foundation in the amount of points Torts' CBJ earned en route to the post-season.

For those not keeping score at home, that would be "in the amount of all of the points the team earned en route to the post-season."

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Schlesische posted:

MSF = Medecins Sans Frontieres?

oui

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

flakeloaf posted:

After the ASB:

Thank Christ Hammond's injured because he's already 3-8.
Phillips has been hurt all year long and probably won't score at all, so Chris Neil is leading the charge with 20 of my dollars for sick kids.

I'm going to end up spending more at the loving restaurant than I will on the charity, which is dumb :mad:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

darkwolf220 posted:

The Coyotes will "earn" (and win) the 1st overall pick this year or I will not complain 1 single time when they are moved out of Glendale. And they are going to move sooner than later. :toxx:

Mid season update, it is a good thing that the Coyotes will be moving out of Glendale and to Tempe. No bitching from me.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
on lieu of me actually killing myself or getting banned up to three times, im hoping the thread finds it in their hearts to let me just donate three accounts worth of money (and probably a little more) instead

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nahh, kill yourself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sabres might escape bottom 5

Hammond started p well and then died

So it goes

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

whatis posted:

on lieu of me actually killing myself or getting banned up to three times, im hoping the thread finds it in their hearts to let me just donate three accounts worth of money (and probably a little more) instead

no less than a 1080p video of ritualistic seppuku will satisfy us

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So lets recap.

Schlesische posted:

The squares are (a little clarification), top left to bottom right:
  • Alexander Semin finishes the season on a team not called the Montreal Canadiens (St John's counts as not Montreal)
  • Max Pacioretty fails to score 40 goals
  • The Habs lose their regular season series to Boston (I count them as playing 5 games, the Habs need to win at least 3)
  • The Habs fail to make the playoffs
  • The Habs lose their regular season series to Toronto (I count them as playing 4 games, the Habs need to win at least 3)
  • PK Subban has more than 80 PIMs
  • Carey Price has a SV% of less than .927
  • Alex Galchenyuk finishes the season playing in a position that is not Center

For every square that is true, $10 to dans le rue. For every line that is true (diagonals count!) $100 to Dans le Rue. If the whole thing is true, ban me thread and $500 to Dans le rue.
I may use Australian Funbux to pay for this - we'll see what the exchange rate is.

If NONE of it is true (and I'm expecting at least Semin to be gone by the end of the season), I get a brand new Avatar featuring Michel Therrien as chosen by HAS. If Therrien is no longer the coach, I will get one of Goldblum/Bergevin.FIRETHERRIENFIRETHERRIENFIRETHERRIENFIRETHERRIEN

• Alex Semin is already not playing for the Habs.
  • The Habs are not currently on pace for the Playoffs.
  • Pacioretty is not currently on pace for 40 goals.
  • The Habs tied the Bruins in the season series. I'm going to say that they didn't lose, and that this won't count.
  • The Habs are not currently on pace for the Playoffs.
  • The Habs have won their season series against Toronto.
  • Subban is on track for more than 80 PIMs.
  • Price currently has an sv% of .934, although I'm expecting that to drop like a rock when he gets back.
  • Galchenyuk is currently playing wing.

Schlesische posted:

If the season ended today and was statistically extrapolated to 82 games for shits and giggles I would owe $310 (three lines, top row and diagonal from top left and also from top right).

Awww gently caress.

With the Australian Dollar and Canadian dollar being pretty much at parity, I'd pay in AUD.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Sorry didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I'll put my money where my mouth is and say I'll give $1 to MSF for every goal the Canucks and Kessel score combined this year (max $300).

Phil Kessel scored 26 goals, the Vancouver Canucks scored 186 so $212 to MSF it is.

• Locked thread