Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what make you more of a stoner? thinking about how everything is everyone's fault or thinking about how everything is a few people's fault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Unions are better than nothing but remember that unions are also just a compromise, a compromise that has failed. As long as the workers do not own the businesses, they will lack the real power, and can be and have been undercut at every turn.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
im a good person but conveniently all i have to do is post on Something Awful Dot Com im an activist back off man

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

hang on i just got an important text on my IPHONE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

im a good person but conveniently all i have to do is post on Something Awful Dot Com im an activist back off man

woah fucker i post on twitter and facebook too.

Flesh Forge posted:

hang on i just got an important text on my IPHONE
lol, really?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

okay the text message was from my tumblr followers, we have successfully ~raised awareness~ about how capitalism is super bad, CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Oberleutnant posted:

It's batter their skull in with a half brick for me

Shovel

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

gameFAQsspinoffETI posted:

I make 20-25 hr at my other job waiting tables and live w/ my parents

This is why I don't tip

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Phyzzle posted:

Why is it so costly to get rid of the wrong person? I'm honestly curious if there's some regulatory burden that could be reduced. Companies do pick up and put down seasonal workers all the time.

From a few pages back, but in the scenario I'm in, it costs money because we're on a hellish timeline to deliver a project worth a few hundred million. The design and IP has to be delivered to a standard that gets approved by 3 stakeholders. When we hire someone who is barely competent in a critical role, it has a knock on effect that messes up the workflow in other departments. A lot of on job training is given, but if the person isn't able to immediately do what is required, it usually means that they won't be around very long, people in other areas have to stop what they're doing to try and support, and the work that was done isn't incorporated and has to be redone by the next recruit or outsourced.

This has happened twice with one position. They hired relatively cheap, the recruit was hapless and lasted 3 months. Then they hired someone for double that because we were way behind and he also fell short. So now its outsourced to a design agency in Brussels for 10 times that and we're 6 months behind schedule and have a blown budget. Ironically its not that the position required super magic powers, just that both people knew gently caress all about ergonomics despite plausibly claiming they did.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

nullEntityRNG posted:

The true trick is get involved in small scale businesses and start-ups then when they inevitably fail, you apply to bigger companies and jobs.

It is the secret way.

I'm doing this and it is probably going to work

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
p. much puts you in a new tax bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Athropos posted:

im back on minimum wage because of massive budget cuts in education in Quebec and I can't get teaching contracts anymore, my life loving sucks and I need to go back to school before I end myself or something

man I feel bad for people with real jobs making minimum wage

If youre not retarded or 16 or got no skills, all thats good for is weed money

• Locked thread