Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Does Red Dead Redemption still hold up if I was to play it today? I've only played about 15 minutes of it and that's about it.

I did however read about the ending (the main character dies?) so I'm not sure if that ruins it.

I'm also a big PC gamer (GTX 980 video card, etc) and am not sure how well the graphics hold up. (Why wasn't it ever released for PC?!)

EDIT: Is 360 the best platform for the game or the PS3 version?

Vinlaen fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes it's a good game.

Ok close thread now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It will be hard to look at compared to playing on the PC, but yes, play it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Graphics wise it might be a little dated, but the game mechanics are solid and the story is excellent.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
no it's a lovely game buy it if you like pressing l2 then r2 100 times a minute

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
It's a mediocre third person shooter with an impressive world and presentation, hampered by the world's dumbest plot and missions that will insta-end if you dare deviate from the scripting one iota.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It's one of the best games ever made.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Knowing that he dies at the end doesn't ruin the game at all, def worth a play still

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Still fun. Even if your horse steers like a boat.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

It's one of the best games ever made.

it's funny because this is true, but it's also true that the game is a boring GTA clone with a mediocre story

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I heavily disagree with the notion that RDR's story is "mediocre." It's one of the very very few game stories I can respect compared to other mediums.

Really everything about RDR was a perfect storm that we're never going to see out of Rockstar again. The code is apparently such a mess that Rockstar doesn't even want to touch the idea of a PC port or remaster despite it being guaranteed profit (the multiplayer was absurdly popular.) The writers left Rockstar immediately after launch. John Marston's voice actor straight up retired in his 30s right after finishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Vinlaen posted:

I'm also a big PC gamer (GTX 980 video card, etc) and am not sure how well the graphics hold up.
It'll be lower res than you're used to, but it's a very pretty game for the platform / era.

quote:

(Why wasn't it ever released for PC?!)
The engine is held together with sticky tape, and it wasn't expected to be a success anyway.

• Locked thread