Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/even-fungus-can-give-woman-orgasm

quote:

Officially discovered back in 2001, John Halliday and Noah Soule were the first to record the effects of a fungus that could instantly induce female orgasm.

Published in the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, Halliday explains that he and his colleague Soule heard of an unusual fungi growing in recent lava flows on the island of Hawaii – a bright orange mushroom which supposedly caused women to suddenly reach climax for no apparent reason.

Intrigued by the concept, the pair headed to the island to see if these fantastical claims are true. For science, of course.

Forming on lava flows 600–1000 years old, the unnamed Dictyophora species was deemed a very intense aphrodisiac when smelled by women – despite, or maybe because, of its “fetid” smell. The pair put the claim to the test by asking volunteers (I wonder how they whittled the number of applicants down?) to take a deep whiff, and recording their arousal levels. The results recorded in the Journal show a significant increase in arousal, with nearly half of the women experiencing spontaneous orgasms. All of the men, on the other hand, claimed it smelled absolutely disgusting.

The pair also described the morphology and chemistry of the fungus, and concluded that the "hormone-like compounds present [...] may have some similarity to human neurotransmitters released during sexual encounters."

A Hawaiian fungus going where you dirty goon fuckers will never go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

so we are fuckers, or we aren't fuckers? which one is it moron?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goodpancakes posted:

at least i don't smell "fetid"

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

im pooping! posted:

so we are fuckers, or we aren't fuckers? which one is it moron?

You can put it in all you want but you certainly aren't taking her anywhere with it

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
how do i make my dick smell like this fungus

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Goodpancakes posted:

idk op. i'm a pretty fungi :xd:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i already have a fetid mushroom OP

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

somebody bottle this as a cologne

and take all my money

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Fun Gus gets around

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Excelzior posted:

and take all my money

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Excelzior posted:

and take all my money

I dunno man. This sort of thing seems like they'd make it restricted, and something sometrhing loss of consent.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I always give the best orgasm I can have

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm just a fun guy w a fungus tho

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I loving LOVE!!!! SCIENCE!!!!! *drives prius to programming job*

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sounds like a better fungus than my current fungus

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

whenever a woman takes off her shoes and says her dogs are barking it's cause her foot fungus is making her cum??? science is fascinating

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

also explains the barks that come from the vagina

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
lol if you give a gently caress about women's orgasms, bitches want it they can climb the drat volcano themselves

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Guys, it's a really specific fungus from Hawaii. Not all fungus in general. You're all getting your hopes up and you're doomed to be disappointed.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Guys, it's a really specific fungus from Hawaii. Not all fungus in general. You're all getting your hopes up and you're doomed to be disappointed.

What if I go to Hawaii and rub my pubes all up on its spores

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

what are you a loving fungus scientist with a phd in funguses who studies funguses all day

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if so i need to have something looked at

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Enfield posted:

if so i need to have something looked at

ya i got this rash that looks and tastes like cheetoh dust but i'm pretty sure i haven't had cheetohs in quite a wee while

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

social vegan posted:

ya i got this rash that looks and tastes like cheetoh dust but i'm pretty sure i haven't had cheetohs in quite a wee while

mines kind of lumpy. i havnt tasted it yet

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
seems odd there hasnt been anything done with this in 14 years...........i wonder why.....................

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Enfield posted:

mines kind of lumpy. i havnt tasted it yet

rub it on bread like the europeans do it a crusty baguette for a classy man

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Relin posted:

seems odd there hasnt been anything done with this in 14 years...........i wonder why.....................

someone didnt get the invitation

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

The first person to synthesize and market this will be a billionaire

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Myron Baloney posted:

lol if you give a gently caress about women's orgasms, bitches want it they can climb the drat volcano themselves

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

iflscience is trash

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

proof:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scholar/comments/1mg55v/request_spontaneous_female_orgasms_triggered_by/
http://www.dl.begellhouse.com/download/article/6f3ed2921c9f3802/IJM%200302-3%20(162).pdf

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

What would happen if someone released this mushroom in the middle of a college lecture?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i have athletes foot how do i treat it

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Cut off your foot

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I am better at sex than some cray cray mushroom

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Next Laboratories and Aloha Medicinals sounds like a lovely supplement company. They may have considered selling this as an aphrodisiac to the next generation of Bill Cosbys. Is a full scan available ?

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Help your dog fight cancer with mystical mushrooms for only $150 a month. You do love your dog right?

From Aloha Medicinals

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
holy poo poo how do dogs even live i dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
fetid cheating, alfredo

• Locked thread