Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are seriously the worst team in the NFL, the Buccs must have had an off week

Please lord deliver us Jared Goff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

"Could've been me throwing that back-breaking pick instead"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Matt Hasselbeck is winning football games at the age when most of us can't achieve erections.

Comeback Player of the Year.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
If Goodell wants to be the greatest commissioner on earth, fixing all of his other problems, it would be to somehow get these idiot franchies like the Texans able to field remotely competent teams and give their fans hope occasionally. I'm so sick of the Colts winning every stupid year because they're an organization that is not total hot garbage.

Well, at least I can be free of pro football this yaer. Ugh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Matt Hasselbeck owns

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
aww hasselbeck is tearing up and everything

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope when the Texans turn in their card in the first round Goodell just shakes his head and says "No, you're drafting a QB" and picks the best QB on the board for them

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Intruder posted:

The Texans are seriously the worst team in the NFL, the Buccs must have had an off week

you know deep down that no sure fire qb prospect will ever succeed on the texans

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

The rest of the AFC South should be ashamed for letting the Colts go 3-0 these last 3 weeks.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Dragongem posted:

If Goodell wants to be the greatest commissioner on earth, fixing all of his other problems, it would be to somehow get these idiot franchies like the Texans able to field remotely competent teams and give their fans hope occasionally. I'm so sick of the Colts winning every stupid year because they're an organization that is not total hot garbage.

Well, at least I can be free of pro football this yaer. Ugh.

Make a rule that when you have losing seasons, the franchise has to pay the city back some of the money for the stadium they built. The amount increases every consecutive losing season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Intruder posted:

I hope when the Texans turn in their card in the first round Goodell just shakes his head and says "No, you're drafting a QB" and picks the best QB on the board for them

You will get Hackenberg and you will like it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Hasselbeck was in the ER hours ago because he was sick.

Matt Hasselbeck is over 40 years old.

A defense with JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney simultaneously on-field was incapable of stopping him at any point in a 3-hour game.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

contract the entire AFC South

Posture Pal
Nov 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

I will second this statement wholeheartedly. This Texans team is real bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A professional team lost to a team that had no QBs throw passes in practice all week due to injury or illness.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What's the opposite of Comeback Player of the Year?

I'm voting JJ Watt for that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cutler to Texans, give us Watt

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Very impressed with the game Pep Hamilton called and good on Chuck Pagano for going for it on 4th down and passing to win the game at the end.

The defense is a tire fire though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gandalf21 posted:

Very impressed with the game Pep Hamilton called and good on Chuck Pagano for going for it on 4th down and passing to win the game at the end.

The defense is a tire fire though.

It turns out you can coach the offensive line to not let the QB be killed!

Gotta fix that defense though.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jesus, Texans. Why oh why do Belichick's assistants always screw up the quarterback position?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@SportsCenter
This season:
Andrew Luck's 1st 2 games: 493 Yds, 3 TD, 5 Int
Matt Hasselbeck's 1st 2 games: 495 Yds, 5 TD, 0 Int

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why the gently caress do coaches let it run down to the 2 minute warning. The Texans were driving. Building momentum.

Have a free play, before a free timeout. They don't call a play.

*Jim Natz "Well that was a good decision. Let the offense set up and prepare!"

Hoyer throws game ending interception on next play.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

You will get Hackenberg and you will like it

I probably would compared to what we have now

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cutler to Texans, give us Watt

Keep Watt away from A.A.Ron

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Matt Hasselbeck was in the ER hours ago because he was sick.

Matt Hasselbeck is over 40 years old.

A defense with JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney simultaneously on-field was incapable of stopping him at any point in a 3-hour game.

In addition, name a Colts offensive lineman. I don't think I can.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chris James 2 posted:

@SportsCenter
This season:

Look at who they played

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Chris James 2 posted:

@SportsCenter
This season:

Games against the AFC South (aka exhibition games) don't count

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Players in the locker room have compared the situation with this coaching staff to a "college environment".

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Personally, seeing Hasselbeck get emotional at the end was a :unsmith: for me because I think he knows that was probably the last game he'll start, at least for a long time, if ever. He went out on top when he was called on and that last pass to TY was a thing of beauty. He was exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally but he go the job done. It's a hell of a way to go out.

Colts were bailed out a ton by refs, though a lot of calls were legit. Pagano getting penalized in the 1st half was hilarious.

Next up for Indy: the much anticipated Patriots rematch. Holy poo poo that's going to be entertaining.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Petite Dinklage posted:

Keep Watt away from A.A.Ron

Watt on the Packers.

Jesus Christ.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Intruder posted:

Players in the locker room have compared the situation with this coaching staff to a "college environment".

Send in Chip Kelly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JaysonBraddock
Spent some time this week gauging the atmosphere in NRG. It's not good. I'll tweet out some thoughts from the players & the relationships.
Bob McNair just got embarrassed on national TV by a horrible defense, a cast-off Hall of Famer / former Texan, broke down RB & 40 yr old QB.
Last week his team was down 42-0 in Atlanta
A lot of players aren't buying what the Texans' coaching staff is selling, any more. Have some players checked out on these coaches? Yes

Get the popcorn, looks like we're going to see another coach fired

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

There are times when this is a good thing.

This doesn't appear to be one of those times.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Bring back Case Keenum

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

@JaysonBraddock
Spent some time this week gauging the atmosphere in NRG. It's not good. I'll tweet out some thoughts from the players & the relationships.
Bob McNair just got embarrassed on national TV by a horrible defense, a cast-off Hall of Famer / former Texan, broke down RB & 40 yr old QB.
Last week his team was down 42-0 in Atlanta
A lot of players aren't buying what the Texans' coaching staff is selling, any more. Have some players checked out on these coaches? Yes

Get the popcorn, looks like we're going to see another coach fired

He'll get at least 2 more years regardless of how bad the team is during that time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

loving just fire Bill O'Brien. 2015 season's done, hopefully the Texans can get a loving quarterback this time.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Codependent Poster posted:

It turns out you can coach the offensive line to not let the QB be killed!

I don't understand

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Fire the entire Texans coaching staff. The defense was absolutely lost, the offensive play calling has been garbage all year, and the clock management was atrocious.

This is possibly the worst pro football team that Houston has ever put onto a field. Why do I waste hundreds of dollars a year for season tickets to this garbage, I'm perfectly capable of setting the dumpster in my apartment complex on fire if I want to see hot garbage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

He'll get at least 2 more years regardless of how bad the team is during that time

BOB probably stays, but like Jayson said

@JaysonBraddock
Texans have a week and a half to ponder the state of Houston Texans football. Simply, they are the worst team, in the worst division.

Same amount of time as the Dolphins had after London. If they're going to make a move, any move, with anybody on the staff, 1) this is the time and 2) nobody would blame them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Rooting for a bad football team kinda owns. You just emotionally check out early in the year and set your expectations low. On the flip side if your team is doing well and fails in a soul crushing way(Packers last year) you want to die.

• Locked thread