Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Frustrated posted:

Thank god for the Astros, because holy crap are the Texans a disaster. Get Keenum, or Teebow, or loving Vince Young, I don't care who, just cut both qb's and kneel every play for the rest of the season if you have to. Fire Crennel and fire Rick Smith. The defense should be amazing, yet somehow every other play we either get called for a penalty, or our defensive backs forget how to play football. Rick Smith has also taken every opportunity to dick this roster up. First, he and O'Brien let every single guy who made plays in camp go. All the guys with real hustle got pushed aside for players with the right "metrics" but no brains. Secondly, how the gently caress do you not trade down to take a QB instead of Clowney when pass rushing was not the problem, and you weren't even going to play him in his natural position? Just trade up ONE SPOT to get Bridgewater, or take Carr in the second, or Garoppolo in the third. Almost every pick from that draft has been a huge bust. You suck at your job Rick Smith, get the gently caress out.

username/post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Hoyer was mostly alright today with the mostly coming from the dumbest decision to not take a sack I've ever seen.

Maybe BoB should've stuck with his first choice and not listened to us whiny fans. It's like how you never change your answer on a test

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ryan Mallett's totally got it figured out guys trust me he passed the eye test

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Poor Hoyer. Wipes out the memories of a great night of play with one of the dumbest throws I've seen in awhile.

:lol:

Nov 6, 2002

pasaluki posted:

What this game showed me was Bill O'Brian handling of the QB situation will be required reading for new head coaches for how to make the worst decisions. They went through all that poo poo to name Hoyer starting QB then bench him after 3 quarters and put in Mallett who was abysmal. The problem is O'Brian didn't want to look like he made the wrong decision (which he did) so he doubled down on Mallett who was completely incompetent. Neither of them are good but Hoyer has definitely outperformed Mallett and would have given them the best chance to win.

I don't think it matters. They're both horrible. But you know what. loving pick one and let him play. The swapping is just going to make both of them worse.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Poor Hoyer. Wipes out the memories of a great night of play with one of the dumbest throws I've seen in awhile.

:lol:

That's his entire career in a nutshell. poo poo, that's the narrative in most of his individual games. He's like 3/4 early career Brady and 1/4 senile grampa Favre jacked up on Vicodin and bourbon.

Nov 6, 2002

Also can we all please take a moment to lol at the dumbest hail mary coverage ever:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I love watching owners fall for stupid media narratives.

Bill O'brien has that bullshit QB guru mantra because he lucked into working with Tom Brady, and Brian Hoyer has been a golden boy that Mike Lombardi has been fellating for god knows how long.

"Oh man Patriots south sure we'll roll with Hoyer and this other QB that the Patriots liked."

How many incompetent dunces have Brady and Belichick gotten jobs for at this point?

Charlie Weiss
Romeo Crennel
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien
Scott Pioli (loving twice)
Thomas Dimitroff
Mangini (loving twice)
Mike Lombardi

the list is incredible

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FizFashizzle posted:

I love watching owners fall for stupid media narratives.

Bill O'brien has that bullshit QB guru mantra because he lucked into working with Tom Brady, and Brian Hoyer has been a golden boy that Mike Lombardi has been fellating for god knows how long.

"Oh man Patriots south sure we'll roll with Hoyer and this other QB that the Patriots liked."

How many incompetent dunces have Brady and Belichick gotten jobs for at this point?

Charlie Weiss
Romeo Crennel
Josh McDaniels
Bill O'Brien
Scott Pioli (loving twice)
Thomas Dimitroff
Mangini (loving twice)
Mike Lombardi

the list is incredible

I liked Hoyer, I wanted him to be the next Bernie so badly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flikken posted:

I liked Hoyer, I wanted him to be the next Bernie so badly.

He's probably an alcoholic after last night so you get your wish.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

He's probably an alcoholic after last night so you get your wish.

He's still got an over .500 record as a starter right?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

NC-17 posted:

Also can we all please take a moment to lol at the dumbest hail mary coverage ever:

Greg Toler, what the gently caress are you doing.

Nov 6, 2002

Seems like Indy's got a QB controversy on their hands.

please let this become a narrative

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

weas posted:

Greg Toler, what the gently caress are you doing.

Blocking out his teammates.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

NC-17 posted:

Seems like Indy's got a QB controversy on their hands.

please let this become a narrative

If Luck comes back and plays poorly, it's guaranteed to become a narrative.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think we should rest Luck for the next game just to mess with the Patriot fans. This will insure that this is the game Brady Inc. plays badly for no reason and loses. If the Colts try to win every play will be that hail mary.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think Hasslebeck looked like he was ready to die when Wolfson started asking about New England.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Colts are a bad team that had the opportunity to be pushed down in the standings but they played the three most inept franchises in Football. I look forward to their token bowl bid and subsequent loss

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So Colts fans how do you feel about raising a AFC finalist banner?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Colts should get a banner for "beating" the Texans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Each team owner should christen each home game by walking out to midfield with a crown, scepter and wearing a commemorative banner as a cape before leading the crowd in the national anthem.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
One of the teams cheerleaders must stand next to the owner and must quickly knight each player as they run through the tunnel.

If the team does not currently have cheerleaders the team mascot must instead perform this duty.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

pasaluki posted:

One of the teams cheerleaders must stand next to the owner and must quickly knight each player as they run through the tunnel.

If the team does not currently have cheerleaders the team mascot must instead perform this duty.

What if your mascot is a real dog, and you don't have cheerleaders?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Flikken posted:

Each player must give dog a belly rub

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Flikken posted:

Add your royal grode to the royal vat

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Quest For Glory II posted:

so if Andre Johnson is finally 'back' and this isn't a fluke game, I can talk about all-time poo poo again

AJ is 12th in rec yards all-time, he needs:

#11: 52 yards to pass Henry Ellard
#10: 174 yards to pass Cris Carter
#9: 279 yards to pass James Lofton

I won't bother posting beyond that because I think the rest is out of his reach this year (unless he can average more than 50 yds a game which he aint doing right now), so if this is his final year, then he AND Steve Smith will most likely finish in the top 10

Just for reference, Smith was only 13 yards behind AJ prior to tonight's game

I was looking up receiving yard seasons, AJ had the record until Megatron came along and just crushed him.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Metapod posted:

Each player must give dog a belly rub

That works

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Flikken posted:

This dog seems fully able to give a press conference, therefore the dog will be expected to participate fully in the knighting ceremony prior to kickoff at which time all players must swear a vow of chastity and sportsmanship in front all gathered.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Romeo Crennel should be fired right now. The defense looked completely lost - it wasn't just that they played badly, but they had no idea what they were doing. Multiple plays I saw linebackers arguing about where there were supposed to be and shoving each other around trying to get them into position. That combined with the godawful RAC secondary coaching makes things impossible - why the gently caress do you give recievers a 7-10 yard cushion every single play? Great pass rushers aren't going to do a thing when you can just throw the ball to a wide open reciever within two seconds of snapping the ball every play.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

pasaluki posted:

This dog seems fully able to give a press conference, therefore the dog will be expected to participate fully in the knighting ceremony prior to kickoff at which time all players must swear a vow of chastity and sportsmanship in front all gathered.

Swagger owns :3:

Nov 6, 2002

pasaluki posted:

That's a cool dog.

He should probably be coach.

Nov 6, 2002

I didn't think it was possible for a video to contain so many eye rolls.

http://gfycat.com/IdealisticParallelEasternnewt

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
is there a more petulant bad player than ryan mallet

Nov 6, 2002

The chuck.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

NC-17 posted:

Ryan Mallett—true professional: http://gfycat.com/ParallelCleverAmmonite

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Taking away his meth just made him worse.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I just want to state that after watching Mallet in college one of the biggest surprises of my life was finding out some team was dumb enough to sign him.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I just want to state that after watching Mallet in college one of the biggest surprises of my life was finding out some team was dumb enough to sign him.

Thank God we never had to play him and were able to flip him to the Texans.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

NC-17 posted:

The chuck.

Should have thrown to the guy on the bottom imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah what a great move, spending a third round pick on him.

• Locked thread