Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It's time to talk about the toys you never had as a kid, but your friend did; drat that friend who had all the toys. Just kidding, post all that good stuff from yesteryear!

Always wanted the deluxe Megazord but never got it :smith:

Perhaps the greatest toy ever? I had all the Jurassic Park stuff, that stuff was amazing. Infact.....

The movie accurate brown rex was on the back of ALL the packaging, but they never realeased it. Cunts.

Witchcraft?

Micromachines were a thing in the USA right?

MILITARY MUSCLE MEN.

Dr Dreadful's make your own [insert rubbish]. Pretty sure I never made anything. I can't find what I had, I think it was a foodstuff. Google images only shows post 2000 products judging from the graphic design on the packging :(

The BLUE WWF wrestling ring. I got into wrestling figs just on the tail end of the 'LJN era'. I loved the box for this, and especially the line drawing on the back.

Crash dummies were a UK brand I think? They were literal crash dummy figures and they would explode (all limbs would disconnect) at the press of a button on their chest. The cars were awesome and deformed when smashed into stuff.

Scalextric looked cool; I liked it when they had the touring cars in the Argos Catalogues (Audi Racing pictured). I tracked down a 1999 Argos PDF and i'm overloading on nostalgia.

Stretch fuckin Armstrong. Enjoy it before it breaks.

Just a few for now, roll on the nostalgia.

Sevalar has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Army Ants. Loved these guys.

Thundercats, and all their assorted accessories:

I had metric shittons of Lego that my nephews inherited and still play with now. That poo poo was built to last.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

This one in particular is quite sturdy and the pointy boots are articulated. The one in the pic is newer but the older MG Deathscythe Gundam was also good.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

simosimo posted:

Perhaps the greatest toy ever? I had all the Jurassic Park stuff, that stuff was amazing. Infact.....

Dr Dreadful's make your own [insert rubbish]. Pretty sure I never made anything. I can't find what I had, I think it was a foodstuff. Google images only shows post 2000 products judging from the graphic design on the packging :(

Yeah. Dr. Dreadful was food stuff. The only problem is, you could do each like twice, and then you had to go out and get a new kid for the food stuff that cost about half as much as the original set.

I wanted that Jurassic Park set up every year I saw it.

These guys. They were awesome.

I used to use the Pizza Shooter tank to play with my cat. He's chase after the flying pizza disks.

The Technodrome was awesome. So was the Blimp!

Sadly, the Tokka toy came with the exact same gear that Slash did, minus Binkie.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I always wanted the yellow turtles van :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Zombie Guy posted:

Army Ants. Loved these guys.

I had metric shittons of Lego that my nephews inherited and still play with now. That poo poo was built to last.

Oh poo poo son, I had both of these too :hfive:

Let's get old school up in this piece with some more toy/cartoon goodness. bitches!

VOLTRON (robotic combining lions was best, I dare you to disagree)

FOOD FIGHTERS (my fat rear end Rottweiler ate a bunch of mine and had the most disappointed face afterward)

MASK (sweet theme, always wanted a flying Camaro or crotch rocket that turned into a helicopter)

HE-MAN (half-naked warriors battling in an apocalyptic wasteland :black101: )

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

The Zombie Guy posted:

I wanted the Cats' Lair SO BAD and I never got it. I did have the sword of omens though and that was pretty awesome .

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

simosimo posted:

Micromachines were a thing in the USA right?

That gave me my first disappointment as a toy when I realized that my new army playset was really just Super Van City.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

simosimo posted:

Always wanted the deluxe Megazord but never got it :smith:
I had one of these. It was pretty awesome. It's still stored somewhere at my parents' house, and has all its pieces. Missing some stickers though.

Ozz81 posted:

VOLTRON (robotic combining lions was best, I dare you to disagree)
Also had one of these, but it was second-hand from a Garage sale and missing bits. Also, I think it must have been an (older?) less detailed version than the one shown here. Never saw the show, I just liked transforming and combining toys. Which is why I also had the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad toy (the one on the left).

That one's still at my parents' house too, although there was also a dude that goes inside it and wears it as armour I think, but I never had that.

simosimo posted:

I think my brother might have gotten one of these for Christmas once? Something similar anyway.

simosimo posted:

Crash dummies were a UK brand I think? They were literal crash dummy figures and they would explode (all limbs would disconnect) at the press of a button on their chest. The cars were awesome and deformed when smashed into stuff.
These seemed way cooler on the ads than in reality.

One friend of mine did have a toy I was really jealous of. We both had a bunch of Connectables, cars that broke into two or three pieces and could be put back together interchangeably, so you could have the front of a sports car and the back of a truck or something. It was more fun than it sounds. But he had the giant helicopter that opened up and you could... I can't even remember if it did anything, but it was big and cool and I wanted one.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Ozz81 posted:

FOOD FIGHTERS (my fat rear end Rottweiler ate a bunch of mine and had the most disappointed face afterward)

HE-MAN (half-naked warriors battling in an apocalyptic wasteland :black101: )

I used to spend my summers out on my Aunt's farm in South Dakota. I'd never bring my Ninja Turtles because my cousin's would steal them, and there were no real toy stores where we were, so eventually, I gained a collection of these guys. They had like.. two episodes of a TV show.

I spent so much time switching He-Men toys arms. He Man just looked cooler with a skunk arm, and a crab claw. Also, Ram-Man was the worst.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Bull T-Rex from Jurassic park 2's set of toys. I loved this thing. I still have her around somewhere.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Crap, now I need to buy that Run Yourself Ragged game again.

Quad has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Oct 10, 2015

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

As a kid you could pick up one of these for 5 or 6 dollars and have hours of fun :3:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Not my image, but Robotech VF1

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Quad posted:

Crap, now I need to buy that Run Yourself Ragged game again.

It looks really fun

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Frostwerks posted:

It looks really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwtImUoimU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

That's loving killer.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Had poo poo loads of these guys, never got the wrestling ring tho

canis minor
May 4, 2011

salt dough

spillikins

peace race

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
I'm on my phone, someone post that sick Fisher Price castle.

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Obviously legos were the best but that goes without saying.

Monster in my Pockets -- Little rubber toys of famous monsters from fiction, mythology, etc... they were cool.

Playmobile -- My brothers and I had a bunch of the sets but the Wild West/Cowboy & Indians ones were my favourite.. We would play out elaborate train/wagon heists with them :3

The three of us also had epic battles with these things.

Also had the Dr. Dreadful make your own creepy crawlies thing that was posted earlier. Remember burning myself on the hot moulds, god those things were dangerous. I loved the original 80's My Little Pony toys that my parents would grab for me at yard sales too but the memory of them has been tainted :<

EDIT: The creepy crawlies thing wasn't Dr. Dreadful, it was Mattel. So many burns...

Corley has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Oct 10, 2015

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Commercial made it seem a lot more awesome, but still a good game.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Don't think I had a favourite MOTU figure but I was quite impressed by the Dragon Walker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbeXc9ygG_Y

Also thiCLACK CLACK CLACK CLAK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

And lastly this "arcade cabinet" (almost).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aCeg-EbOAI

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The guy with the binoculars was pretty lovely until you paired him with the radio guy and then they were loving broken as poo poo.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

This thread is a sausage fest and needs more girl toys.

Easy Bake Oven;

Tiny rear end cakes and cookies you cook with a light bulb. Your parents don't buy replacement mix so you only use it a couple of time and forget about it. Still awesome though. There was also a Easy Bake for boys that made gummy bugs and I also wanted that one.

Sky Dancers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7vq3AC6Ezo

Barbie;

Learn social interactions by having your Barbies play out a soap opera. When I was around 8-10 I had my Barbies hump Ken, early puberty and HBO made for an awkward time in my life.

Baby Alive;

This thing is cool because it poops. I would feed it the food, have it poop, then feed it the poop.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
poo poo I need to dig out my parent's basement for my kids:

Batcave/Wayne Manor

Apparently this thing was released several times, using different colored plastics. This isn't the color I had, I think mine just had a bluish-grey stone? There was a picture of one like that on GIS, but it wasn't very good so I went with this one. The wooden wall looking thing had hinges at the top so you could drive the batmobile out... speaking of:

Batmobile

So badass, loved this thing when I was a kid. Of course, you can't have the batmobile without

Batwing

This thing was friggen huge. But the best part was how you got Batman in the cockpit:

Also worked as an "escape pod" for when he was shot down.

So cool.

Of course, I wasn't just about Batman. I also loved the turtles. The Technodrome was pretty great:

And the guy who mentioned the turtle van? Yeah:

Also had this:

The roof would lift up so you could play inside the jail. Also had a Saloon to go with it, but couldn't find a good picture of it on GIS.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Holy poo poo, apart from Baby Alive I had all of those! My Skydancer ended up lodged in the neighbor's gutter because I wasn't supposed to play with it indoors.

On top of those though, I also had:

Polly Pockets! The original awesome ones with the tiny little houses and dolls which would get recalled today as a choking hazard. That castle turned into a pretend tea set!

Littlest Pet Shops! These are still around, but sometime in the 2000's they were remade into animu-inspired doe-eyed freaks with oversized heads. The original ones were awesome though; they all did something. The chameleon changed color if you put him in warm water; the hamsters would run on their wheel if you used the handle to turn it, the puppy could play 'tug-of-war' with his bone via a hidden magnet---I even had a pony who could tilt her head to 'drink' a bottle of milk. Of course, the real fun was in combining them into an entire Beatrix Potter-world of talking animals having nonstop adventures.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Lonely Virgil posted:

This thread is a sausage fest and needs more girl toys.

Baby Alive;

This thing is cool because it poops. I would feed it the food, have it poop, then feed it the poop.

Wasn't there a similar doll that rip some kids arms off because there was no off switch once you placed something in its mouth?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That was some brand of CabbagePatch doll, I think-----it chewed things you put in its mouth-----anything that went into its mouth, including kids' fingers, pet tails, kids' hair and clothing. And you're right; no off-switch so the dolls had to get broken open for the thing to be extracted.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Gaybee posted:

Commercial made it seem a lot more awesome, but still a good game.
I don't think any other game came anywhere near as close to being as awesome as the commercial made it seem as Crossfire did. My brother and I played it until the play surface wore through and cracked. I would buy it new for the nostalgia factor if they still made it.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
For content, Star Wars Power of the Force Millennium Falcon playset

This thing was awesome, but my mom has yet to forgiven the 100+ stickers she had to apply to get it ready for 6 year old me.

edit: holy table breaking batman

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

For content, Star Wars Power of the Force Millennium Falcon playset

This thing was awesome, but my mom has yet to forgiven the 100+ stickers she had to apply to get it ready for 6 year old me.

edit: holy table breaking batman

My kids have that to play with, as well as the x-wing and tie fighter depicted on that box.

I see your Poly Pocket and raise you Mighty Max!

Essentially the same poo poo but aimed at boys. I had the Skull, the Lizard-lookin' one, and the Snake, and the giant green dragon one. The snake was pretty cool, when opened it had a plastic rope thing that would connect part of the lid to the snake head, like this:

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Can't find a decent image anywhere, but Zero Hour (also called Code Zero). 1/72 scale toy soldiers. The vehicles were the best part of it. I had a giant bomber that could open up and transform into an aircraft carrier. Last time I saw one it was being sold for £500.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I had just about every Kenner Star Wars item made as a kid. Figures, ships, mini playsets with cast figures, etc. except for the big Hoth playsets that were a store exclusive at Pennys, Sears or somewhere. Only knew one kid who had them and I thought they were awesome at the time.

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax
This thread is adorable. :3:

Speaking of Littlest Pet Shop, the SeaWorld set was my JAM. I didn't find out that SeaWorld is actually evil until years later, but that's neither here nor there. The picture doesn't do it justice, but the base lit up and it looked so pretty when all the exhibits were connected.

This mermaid doll was another favorite (I guess I liked the ocean?). The tail came off so she turned into a human!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

Yes, I had both. And the skull island.

• Locked thread