Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The surgery itself went well, one moment I was surrounded by cute nurses and then woke up what felt like seconds later with my leg wrapped up. The amount of pain from my knee has decreased but I still get bad days from weather and overuse. Keep up on any physical therapy exercises you're told to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

How long have you been on the mend?

About 5 years now, I think my recovery was affected by not getting any treatment for over a year after I broke the bone. I waited 3 days after I broke it for it to feel better but it didn't, when I went to my doctor he told me it was fine and stop my bitching in more words than that.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

And although the surgery you might be in for is certainly less involved that a Total Knee, it's still an important surgery. Unless you're doctor says otherwise, it's very likely to get worse over time, especially if you continue with your very active lifestyle. And it won't be a question of you finally be fed up with it and then going for surgery, it will have progressed to a much worse point where a Total Knee might be the only answer instead of the comparatively benign surgery they offering you now.
I don't mean to hijack but at what point should I start worrying about this very thing? I'm 28 and the accident happened about 6 years ago this month.

• Locked thread