Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Two years ago or so I sort of horked my knee doing something stupid on a snowboard. That and tennis several times a week.

My knee likes to give out occasionally and offers up some gnarly pain. I can only play tennis maybe once or twice a week for an hour, have to be careful with squats, and it sucks if I bike more than 4 or 5 hours.

I'm 30.

Not sure if I am just getting old or what.
Saw an orthopedist, he thinks it is plica syndrome and built up scar tissue. That was two years ago. The situation has marginally improved since then.

So I'm considering his recommendation of surgery after all.
Is it worth it? How long did you take to heal?

Given my knee still allows some activity...is it worth it?

He says there is risk in not acting, if scar tissue is building up it can rub in the wrong places and cause arthritis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=48219.

Stuff like this scares the crap out of me.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

SpeedFreek posted:

The surgery itself went well, one moment I was surrounded by cute nurses and then woke up what felt like seconds later with my leg wrapped up. The amount of pain from my knee has decreased but I still get bad days from weather and overuse. Keep up on any physical therapy exercises you're told to do.

How long have you been on the mend?

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Holy hell. Thanks for the feedback.
I did have an MRI. The radiologist found nothing. The orthopedist saw maybe plica, a cyst, and maybe fluid.

Maybe I will continue doing nothing about it, it seems stories are overwhelmingly mixed at best.

• Locked thread