Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
Hey everyone here is the thread I am using to dedicated to how good the new mad max movie really is an how it is not bad in the least bit. I want to keep this super thread out of cinimo discussion because they are so pretentious about there movies and not good at knowing which movies are good and which ones are bad. I was thinking we could all post some of our favorite parts from this movie and talk about why it is better than the other old ones that my dad liked a ha.
I'll start.
Remember when the part when the guy said that we should witness him before he jumped with the spears into the one spikey truck. That was so wicked. Her'e s a vid link for those who don't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlSuGNt8e4
I remember seeing that in theaters and looking over to my friend and saying to his eyes 'Woah this movie is soo good that it isn't even bad"

THe other part I really liked was when lord humungous said there wasn't any water for everyone to have but then the camera showed us that he had so much water. I can't find any vid clips to share of this part exactly but I think it is important because it helps us know that he is actually the bad guy or "antagonist" in this movie and not max even though he is so mad and he is the blood bank with "road warrior blood"

Lastly I like that at the end when max and the virgins kind of escape the lord humongous and his big brother and his little brother who have the ammo and the cars and the guzzoline respectively they make a friend with the one anemic guy who was actually a worker for lord humongous and he didn't want to be witnessed any more and he wanted to help mad max.
That was so wicked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blDjU-W95II

Please post some of your favorite parts and we can talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
id like to take this opportunity to kindly ask you to leave, OP

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
My favorite part is when I'm never going to see it because every time some internet dope posts about it, I move the premiere back another month. As it stands, I will watch the movie in 2411, when it will be seen for the laughable obsolete drivel that it probably is at this very moment.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

My favorite part is when I'm never going to see it because every time some internet dope posts about it, I move the premiere back another month. As it stands, I will watch the movie in 2411, when it will be seen for the laughable obsolete drivel that it probably is at this very moment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

*gooning intensifies*

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I saw it and Max wasn't even "Mad" through the whole drat thing. He could barely be described as "Ticked Off". SMH

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

My favourite part was when it aggravated MRA nancyboys.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

i watched it last night for the second time. still good

i like the part where the kids find the dad in that lockup and he's all "AVENGE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" LOL its so hammy but it rulse

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Tom Hardy shows his penis in that one movie

I was entirely underwhelmed

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Post apocalyptic movies aren't going to be fun any more if they comprise 50% of all cinema.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

SWAMP THING SWAMP THING SWAMP THING SWAMP THING

yeah op swamp thing tv show was good

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like the relationship between immortan joe and the war boys was a very good analogy for real life abusive leadership and one of the many enjoyable parts of this children's fairytale. another part i paid attention to was how furiosa's decision to escape was not treated like an unconditionally good thing, but rather a risk worth taking. the customized cars provided a visually exciting way for the characters to cover large distances in short time

i hope this helps, original poster

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i saw it op and it was good and not bad but it wasn't nearly as good or cerebral as people were claiming it was

a fun action movie with lots of explosions and some memetic lines. 7/10, see it once, buy it if you liked it more than i did

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

lynch_69 posted:

My favourite part was when it aggravated MRA nancyboys.

that was really weird but also really good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

i saw it op and it was good and not bad but it wasn't nearly as good or cerebral as people were claiming it was

a fun action movie with lots of explosions and some memetic lines. 7/10, see it once, buy it if you liked it more than i did

i don't think anyone said it was cerebral im pretty sure we're just saying it's a kickass action movie that is refreshing because it isn't just nonstop obvious CGI (yes I know there was CGI in the movie but compared to the last Hobbit movie holy poo poo).

you will post eternal, shiny and chrome

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
OP posts like CD posters think GBS posters post.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
max was sufficiently mad for my personal tastes. 8/10, will watch again, some day

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
they werent virgins they were fuckslaves

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

I also really liked the part with the guitar man and how he could play the wicked electric guitar through all the nice tube amps on the moving truck. I'm pretty sure he was also blind which is super nice because when I tried to play guitar when I was in fifth grade I could never play it without looking at the strings and it was very impressive. Does any one know if the actor was a blind actor that played the blind guy with the guitar? If so, does anyone know his name?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I liked mad max I thought it was pretty good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh yeah?? Well I thought it was a bad movie. A BAD MOVIE

that's right

In fact, it might have been the worst movie I've ever seen?? Does this upet you? I bet it does!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im cryeng

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

oh yeah?? Well I thought it was a bad movie. A BAD MOVIE

that's right

In fact, it might have been the worst movie I've ever seen?? Does this upet you? I bet it does!

:mediocre:

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

SWAMP THING SWAMP THING SWAMP THING SWAMP THING

yeah op swamp thing tv show was good

I'm gonna have to check out the show. I remember thinking the comic one by Alan Moore was good because it was cool and nice that the swamp thing had an identity crisis because he was a plant and a man and it was really cool to make comic books post modern like Moore did in the watchman. Which was also a good movie.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

It makes me really sad when people tell me they don't like this movie because you can easily see it was crafted very well as a movie and I feel like they dont even try to remember the part when the one guy says witness me and has all the silver stuff on his face that makes him strong and willing. One that note I feel like the silver stuff in the can is a good homage to the old show pop pie the sailor man when he eats the spinnach.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

somuch_gravy posted:

I'm gonna have to check out the show. I remember thinking the comic one by Alan Moore was good because it was cool and nice that the swamp thing had an identity crisis because he was a plant and a man and it was really cool to make comic books post modern like Moore did in the watchman. Which was also a good movie.

there's a man who is both a man and a bird

he had pants but also bird arms and he communes with the natural swamp very moving

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Looks like it's time for baby's first apocalyptic fiction. Throw a crippled lady in there, that'll get those sjw dupes to do our advertising for us.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's a good movie and this is a very uncontroversial opinion in gbs because we had all unanimously agreed on this already while it was on theaters.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was refreshing to see a something that was essentially a handful of art buried under a pile of craft, usually you just get a faceful of fart buried under a mountain of crap

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
thats no moon

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Am liked thu brown wife girl who keeped trying to wrap her hair as hijab so not haram

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

BurnBlackJay posted:

Am liked thu brown wife girl who keeped trying to wrap her hair as hijab so not haram

Hmm... Same

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

BurnBlackJay posted:

is good spawn of kravitz. kravitz did a good in the reproduction.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

is good spawn of kravitz. kravitz did a good in the reproduction.

Well so much for merit getting you ahead in life.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Zzulu posted:

Tom Hardy shows his penis in that one movie

I was entirely underwhelmed

looked like a p standard penis to me!!!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
it would have been better if they cast walter matthau and jack lemmon as the greasers

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Can someone post that Doof Warrior gif?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.

Boinks posted:

I saw it and Max wasn't even "Mad" through the whole drat thing. He could barely be described as "Ticked Off". SMH

Miffed Max
Snit Road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

dad gay. so what posted:

it would have been better if they cast walter matthau and jack lemmon as the greasers

well sure but literaklly every movie ever would be better with walter matthau and jack lemmon in it

• Locked thread