Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Moridin920 posted:

CEOs are just as stupid as the average person.

Why? Would an intelligent person jack the prices so drastically then basically brag about it causing a public outcry and having the attention turn to them during an election year? gently caress no.

These people don't deserve the obscene wealth they have. There's no amount of work they are doing to justify it.

it's so cute that you think anything can be done about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Aralan posted:

I used to think pharma conspiracy theorists who talked about a cure for cancer being suppressed for being unprofitable were crazy. At this point I'm pretty sure they're right though. I don't think we've discovered some magic bullet treatment for cancer and just not given it out, but at the same time I'm absolutely certain we could have and every pharmacorp that was working down that road either gave it up to sell their slipshod trash treatment, or got bought out by somebody like Valeant who sold their slipshod trash treatment for $800 a pill and fired their researchers

Oh no they wouldn't suppress knowledge of it, they'd sell the gently caress out of it and just slightly tweak it when the patent expires and just patent the new drug (cf. insulin)

• Locked thread