Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
18 yr old caught smoking leaves with no side effects, end up sucking gangster dick at the behest of police, get a bullet in your brain after the officers catch some low level crack smuggler and leave you to take the fall for being a rat

justice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Do It Once Right posted:

HAHAHAHAHA.

"If the general public doesn't suck our dicks 24/7 and let us blow off steam with violence and abuse toward vulnerable innocents whenever we want with total impunity, we stop doing our jobs."

when your fat retarded corrupt cops act like they're just the biggest gang in town that sounds like a good thing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

"You're under arrest," Baker apparently said in the video. "All your freedoms are gone."

--America.txt

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
good

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

That one cop who straight up executed that guy by shooting him in the back 8 times would've been A-OK if he hadn't been filmed. He planted that taser and his other shitbag cop friends all had their bullshit statements ready to go. Would've probably gotten desk duty, maybe.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

america should treat their cops like most european countries imo

if they shoot someone and can't prove they had to they are hosed

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

blowfish posted:

Yeah, but the internal investigation always proves that the cop had no choice. These are 100% unbiased investigations performed by other cops.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

This didn't used to be a problem for them since for most of living memory it boiled down to "what the cop and his cop buddies wrote on the report." This is the part that's changing now that there is a much higher chance that there will be film of an incident out there, and they're making GBS threads and pissing their pants and crying like pissbabies because of it

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Obligatory Handle posted:

Yeah, but the internal investigation always proves that the cop had no choice. These are 100% unbiased investigations performed by other cops.

not in the sense of "three other officers who were totally present and watching confirmed the suspect was in the process of committing aggravated blackness against sgt triggerhappy", but in the sense of there being a big loving investigation because cops aren't supposed to shoot people all the time

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

because cops aren't supposed to shoot people all the time

this seems to be a minority viewpoint amongst actual law enforcement people these days

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im lolling at the extra large piles of murdered children that will be caused by this, by supposed activists for the black community.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im teh goons that think the ridiculous 90s murder rate dropped naturally and not because the police "systemically racistly* preemptively arresting anyone that looks thuggish and nailing them with bullshit charges.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

haljordan posted:

That one cop who straight up executed that guy by shooting him in the back 8 times would've been A-OK if he hadn't been filmed. He planted that taser and his other shitbag cop friends all had their bullshit statements ready to go. Would've probably gotten desk duty, maybe.

which one?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Obligatory Handle posted:

I lust for cop death.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

[MC Ren as Court Officer]
Right about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect
Judge Dre presiding
In the case of N.W.A. vs. the Police Department;
prosecuting attorney's are: MC Ren, Ice Cube,
and Eazy-motherfucking-E

[Dr. Dre as The Judge]
Order, order, order
Ice Cube, take the motherfucking stand
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
and nothing but the truth so help your black rear end?

[Ice Cube as Witness]
You god drat right!

[Dr. Dre]
Well won't you tell everybody what the gently caress you gotta say?

[Ice Cube]
gently caress the police coming straight from the underground
A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
they have the authority to kill a minority
gently caress that poo poo, cause I ain't the one
for a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
to be beating on, and thrown in jail
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell
loving with me cause I'm a teenager
with a little bit of gold and a pager
Searching my car, looking for the product
Thinking every nigga is selling narcotics
You'd rather see, me in the pen
than me and Lorenzo rolling in a Benz-o
Beat a police out of shape
and when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still getting swoll off bread and water
I don't know if they fags or what
Search a nigga down, and grabbing his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showing out for the white cop
Ice Cube will swarm
on ANY motherfucker in a blue uniform
Just cause I'm from, the CPT
Punk police are afraid of me!
HUH, a young nigga on the warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
of cops, dying in L.A.
Yo Dre, I got something to say

[cut and scratched 4x] "gently caress the police"

Example of scene one

[Cop] Pull your god drat rear end over right now
[NWA] Aww poo poo, now what the gently caress you pulling me over for?
[Cop] Cause I feel like it!
Just sit your rear end on the curb and shut the gently caress up
[NWA] Man, gently caress this poo poo
[Cop] Aight smartass, I'm taking your black rear end to jail!

[Dr. Dre]
MC Ren, will you please give your testimony
to the jury about this hosed up incident?

[MC Ren]
gently caress the police and Ren said it with authority
because the niggas on the street is a majority
A gang, is with whoever I'm stepping
and the motherfucking weapon is kept in
a stash box, for the so-called law
Wishing Ren was a nigga that they never saw
Lights start flashing behind me
But they're scared of a nigga so they mace me to blind me
But that poo poo don't work, I just laugh
because it gives em a hint, not to step in my path
For police, I'm saying, "gently caress you punk!"
Reading my rights and poo poo, it's all junk
Pulling out a silly club, so you stand
with a fake-assed badge and a gun in your hand
But take off the gun so you can see what's up
And we'll go at it punk, and I'ma gently caress you up!
Make you think I'ma kick your rear end
but drop your gat, and Ren's gonna blast
I'm sneaky as gently caress when it comes to crime
But I'ma smoke 'em now and not next time
Smoke any motherfucker that sweats me
or any rear end in a top hat, that threatens me
I'm a sniper with a hell of a scope
Taking out a cop or two, they can't cope with me
The motherfucking villain that's mad
With potential, to get bad as gently caress
So I'ma turn it around
Put in my clip, yo, and this is the sound
[BOOM, BOOM] Yeah, something like that
but it all depends on the size of the gat
Taking out a police, would make my day
But a nigga like Ren don't give a gently caress to say

[Cop] [knocking on the door]
[NWA] Yeah man, what you need?
[Cop] Police, open now
[NWA] Aww poo poo
[Cop] We have a warrant for Eazy-E's arrest
[Cop] Get down and put your hands up where I can see 'em
(Move motherfucker, move now!)
[NWA] What the gently caress did I do, man what did I do?
[Cop] Just shut the gently caress up
and get your motherfucking rear end on the floor
(You heard the man, shut the gently caress up!)
[NWA] But I didn't do poo poo
[Cop] Man just shut the gently caress up!

[Dr. Dre]
Eazy-E, won't you step up to the stand
and tell the jury how you feel about this bullshit?

[Eazy-E]
I'm tired of the motherfucking jacking
Sweating my gang, while I'm chilling in the shack, and
shining the light in my face, and for what?
Maybe it's because I kick so much butt
I kick rear end - or maybe cause I blast
on a stupid-assed nigga when I'm playing with the trigger
of any Uzi or an AK
Cause the police always got something stupid to say
They put out my picture with silence
Cause my identity by itself causes violence
The E with the criminal behavior
Yeah, I'm a gangsta, but still I got flavor
Without a gun and a badge, what do ya got?
A sucker in a uniform waiting to get shot
by me, or another nigga
And with a gat it don't matter if he's smaller or bigger
([MC Ren:] Size ain't poo poo, he's from the old school fool)
And as you all know, E's here to rule
Whenever I'm rolling, keep looking in the mirror
And ears on cue, yo, so I can hear a
dumb motherfucker with a gun
And if I'm rolling off the 8, he'll be the one
that I take out, and then get away
While I'm driving off laughing this is what I'll say

The verdict

[Dre] The jury has found you guilty of being a redneck,
white bread, chickenshit motherfucker
[Cop] But wait, that's a lie! That's a god drat lie!
[Dre] Get him out of here!
[Cop] I want justice!
[Dre] Get him the gently caress out my face!
[Cop] I want justice!
[Dre] Out, RIGHT NOW!
[Cop] gently caress YOU, YOU BLACK MOTHER-FUCKERS!

gently caress the police! [3x]

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

afeelgoodpoop posted:

im teh goons that think the ridiculous 90s murder rate dropped naturally and not because the police "systemically racistly* preemptively arresting anyone that looks thuggish and nailing them with bullshit charges.

I hadn't thought of it that way, maybe if we just put everyone in prison there would be no crime? A good solution, really the last solution we would need, the final one as it were.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

XMNN posted:

:qq: what if someone films me being a piece of poo poo

Good

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

exethan posted:

which one?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d2_1428500514

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

I hadn't thought of it that way, maybe if we just put everyone in prison there would be no crime? A good solution, really the last solution we would need, the final one as it were.

Hey but, what if, wait now, what if instead of building a prison, we build a wall around the country and get Mexico to pay for it.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-body-cameras-20150318-story.html

quote:

The use of body cameras by San Diego police has led to fewer complaints by residents and less use of force by officers, according to a city report released Wednesday.

Complaints have fallen 40.5% and use of "personal body" force by officers has been reduced by 46.5% and use of pepper spray by 30.5%, according to the report developed by the Police Department for the City Council's Public Safety and Livable Neighborhoods Committee.

By year's end, the department plans to have nearly 1,000 officers equipped with the small cameras, including patrol officers, gang-unit officers and motorcycle officers. Currently, 600 officers have the cameras.

The report to the council is based on preliminary statistics gathered for 2014 and January 2015.

"Body-worn camera technology is a win-win for both the officer and the community," Deputy Chief David Ramirez said in the report, set to be discussed at Wednesday's meeting.

The department began testing the use of body cameras in January 2014, two months before city leaders called for an audit of the department's managerial practices by the U.S. Department of Justice.

The report from that audit was released Tuesday. Among its recommendations was that the department give body cameras to its officers.

To make use of the cameras, the department needed to upgrade its "cloud-based storage and digital evidence management system," according to the report submitted to the council committee.

Still to be decided is the issue of what video from the cameras will be released to the public and media. The department's restrictive policy has brought criticism from the American Civil Liberties Union and others.

Police Chief Shelley Zimmerman, a strong supporter of body cameras, has said that she is reluctant to release the videos, in part, because citizens shown on the videos have privacy rights.

But in the case of a controversial officer-involved incident, like the shooting in Ferguson, Mo., Zimmerman said she would be inclined to release the video as soon as possible.

The policy on release of the videos is meant to "balance a citizen's right to a fair trial, the preservation of evidence, the protection of privacy rights, and police officer accountability," according to the report sent to the council committee.

The same questions about privacy and public access to body camera footage have arisen in Los Angeles. In December, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced the city would purchase 7,000 body cameras to equip every Los Angeles Police Department officer by summer 2016.

Basically, cops know they are violent thugs.
Put a fake body-camera on a pig, tell him it's a camera, and his violence is reduced by 1/3 to 1/2.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I blame the media and rich people.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Do It Once Right posted:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-body-cameras-20150318-story.html

Basically, cops know they are violent thugs.
Put a fake body-camera on a pig, tell him it's a camera, and his violence is reduced by 1/3 to 1/2.

There's literally no reason to oppose body cams outside of this so it's no surprise. If they weren't flagrantly abusing their authority the only thing cams would do is exonerate them in contentious incidents.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

blowfish posted:

not in the sense of "three other officers who were totally present and watching confirmed the suspect was in the process of committing aggravated blackness against sgt triggerhappy", but in the sense of there being a big loving investigation because cops aren't supposed to shoot people all the time

They try to pretend that there is a big investigation that takes months to resolve while putting Officer Killsblackmen on paid leave (vacation). Then they come out and clear him of all wrong doing, while painting the dead black dude as a violent DRUG user/dealer, when in reality they were just waiting for the public outrage to die down so they can release their " findings " months later.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You know that saying "if you did nothing wrong, then you have nothing to hide" that they use when they talk about surveillance and how that's bullshit when it comes to the government spying on civilians.

Well gently caress the police, if they aren't doing anything wrong then they have nothing to loving hide so stick those cameras on every single one.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

haljordan posted:

even more hosed up is what happens to good cops who try to rat out shitbag cops

spoiler alert: a bunch of high ranking pigs showed up at this guys apartment and basically had him forcibly committed to a psychiatric hospital (something that's normally impossible to do with an adult who isnt actually in the middle of a suicide attempt). luckily he had tape recorders rolling in his apartment too.

This is a good article

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

You know that saying "if you did nothing wrong, then you have nothing to hide" that they use when they talk about surveillance and how that's bullshit when it comes to the government spying on civilians.

Well gently caress the police, if they aren't doing anything wrong then they have nothing to loving hide so stick those cameras on every single one.

On the other hand, it does suck as a professional to be criticized by people outside who have no idea what a job entails.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

This is a good article

Yeah the entire series is excellent. There's been some stuff in the NY Times about him as well, since he got a settlement (not nearly what he deserved but at least he got something) from the city a few weeks ago.

Worst part is, that guy's life is pretty much ruined. No way he gets hired on as anything more than a security guard no matter where he goes (even if he wanted to be a cop again). And he seems like the kind of guy you want as a cop.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 10, 2015

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

There's literally no reason to oppose body cams outside of this so it's no surprise. If they weren't flagrantly abusing their authority the only thing cams would do is exonerate them in contentious incidents.

And bodycams do exonerate them. In less time and with less taxpayer money spent in the investigation. Bodycams pay for themselves in every single police department.
The only argument against is "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut my "morale"'

Which is slang for, "I want to rape underage homeless children when I feel horny."

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The experienced police officers that I know welcome body cams as a way to protect police and clear them when they are forced to do some poo poo and weed out officer quick trigger McGee because all good cops will admit there are some shitbags in the force

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

There are many body cam videos of justified force being used and yes it helps out The Good Ones

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Oxymoron

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

STFU, child

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The experienced police officers that I know welcome body cams as a way to protect police and clear them when they are forced to do some poo poo and weed out officer quick trigger McGee because all good cops will admit there are some shitbags in the force
I think there are mostly shitbags in the force otherwise they wouldn't have the power to involuntarily commit a whistleblower. The idea that it's just few bad apples ignores that all the allegedly good apples are accomplices to the bad apples and will cover for them when push comes to shove.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Cops are necessary and good and they actually do more to enforce the law rather than abuse it

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I think there are mostly shitbags in the force otherwise they wouldn't have the power to involuntarily commit a whistleblower. The idea that it's just few bad apples ignores that all the allegedly good apples are accomplices to the bad apples and will cover for them when push comes to shove.

Comes with the territory. You can't have a cohesive and cooperative police force without some degree of trust and with that comes a tendency to take their side

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cops are necessary and good and they actually do more to enforce the law rather than abuse it

Then why are they so bad at policing themselves? Like I absolutely can not accept an unfounded claim about them being "mostly good" when the "mostly good ones" put so much effort into covering for the bad ones. If the majority of your average department were good we wouldn't have gotten to this point because they'd kick out and or imprison the bad ones for their gross misconduct.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

:iceburn:

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I think more regular people have been killed by cops based on the "YouTube effect" than the other way around.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-shooting-video-20151006-story.html

Officers who killed man feared ambush after seeing rap video posted:

For days, a 15-second video circulated on social media that alarmed Los Angeles police.

Taken from a vehicle parked behind a black-and-white police cruiser in downtown L.A., the clip opened with a view of the patrol car then flashed down to show someone holding a revolver. The person showed the gun off for the camera, then cut back to the patrol car as an officer got out and walked away.

Worried the video was a threat against its officers, LAPD officials briefed the rank-and-file about the recording, warning officers in roll call meetings to be on alert.

On Tuesday, police said that the department’s robbery-homicide detectives — tasked with investigating the LAPD’s more complex and high-profile cases — now believe the video wasn’t a threat against officers but a promotional video filmed by an early 1990s rap group trying to earn street cred and make a comeback.

Meanwhile, an attorney representing two officers who fatally shot a man Saturday night said the pair had seen the video and thought they were under attack when the man threw what turned out to be a beer bottle through their patrol car’s back window.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I'm the jaded cop that gets tired of being scrutinized, and although I've spent my entire career following the book, I ignore your cries as you get your neg-hole pozzed by a bum in the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I think more regular people have been killed by cops based on the "YouTube effect" than the other way around.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-shooting-video-20151006-story.html

Well honestly I don't think regular people throw beer bottles through the back windows of police cars.

• Locked thread