Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
the time shown in the OS X 10.11 menu bar is a variable width font with no padding. every time the time goes from 6:30 to 6:31 (or whatever) all my menubar icons shift to the right by a few pixels, then shift back again 1 minute later. poo poo's p hosed imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i got your padding

right

here

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

theflyingexecutive posted:

i got your padding

right

here

nice fupa

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's okay tim is too busy these days with hanging out with musicians to worry about petty little things like "quality"

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the time shown in the OS X 10.11 menu bar is a variable width font with no padding. every time the time goes from 6:30 to 6:31 (or whatever) all my menubar icons shift to the right by a few pixels, then shift back again 1 minute later. poo poo's p hosed imho.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my iPhone 6 is the best phone ive ever owned OP

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
having the pixels shift like that is actually good ui design

here let me link you to a white paper on the subject at this apple fan site

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
that fansite's name: yospos

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Bring Back Scott Forstall

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Bring Back Scott Forstall

that reminds me, Maps still can't find my home address. Google Maps and loving OpenStreetMaps both find it without a problem. Maps finds a similarly-named street that is nearby so its good enough for rough directions but doesn't get you to the door. this is a suburb of a major US city.

George
Nov 27, 2004

that reminds me, Maps still can't find my home address. Google Maps and loving OpenStreetMaps both find it without a problem. Maps finds a similarly-named street that is nearby so its good enough for rough directions but doesn't get you to the door. this is a suburb of a major US city.

you shouldnt live in lynnwood anyway

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres ome more proof steve kjobs is dead: *exhumes beturtlenecked rotting corpse from grave*

pram
Jun 10, 2001
actually steve jobs consumed nothing but tree tannin before death so that his body could be perfectly preserved

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
thank you op for proving my family and i with closure

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
what is up with that iphone dock where everything clumsily balances on the connector and my broken brain gets nervous about it breaking off and getting stuck inside my phone?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Necronomoticon posted:

what is up with that iphone dock where everything clumsily balances on the connector and my broken brain gets nervous about it breaking off and getting stuck inside my phone?

basically this is one of those freudian castration anxiety things:
the connector == your dilz
docking == loving
your iphone == your mom (or possibly, your mom's iphone)

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
bad news folks, i can confirm stebe remains deceased due to the following idiotic Calendar bug in OS X El Capitan:

1) make a new event in Calendar, enter some info
2) double click the event, add/change info and change the calendar it's associated to (i.e. from Home to Work)

one to two seconds later the entry reverts to the information entered in (1), except the calendar change from (2) perseveres. :krad:

George
Nov 27, 2004

This thread proves nothing, except for the fact that he is no longer at Apple. He is hard at work in a secret underground lab, preparing for the coming Year of Linux on the Desktop.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
funny how in order for us to get a quality product in the end we need a supremely hosed up rear end in a top hat CEO to scream at people and use child slave labor

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the child labor is the industry standard

the ceo not allowing primadonna "designers" and bonus-seeking execs to have free rein over the company is the key

also not letting engineers and programmers indulge their goldbricking nature

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
img of like w wherever step pjamsbs grave is.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

bump_fn posted:

img of like w wherever step pjamsbs grave is.
this is more of a stux post than the actual stux post in this thread, congratulations

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
hey Calendar, am i in december or january, make up your loving mind

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hey Calendar, am i in december or january, make up your loving mind

no problemsn here

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Stux posted:

no problemsn here

idk then, i guess i got one of the inferior samsung macbooks?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stux posted:

no problemsn here

you have plenty of problems: fail aids, loser disease, and a massive case of genetic fucktardation.

sincerely,
smythe

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
here it is fresh from my screen in long-awaited perfect looping mode

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i hope whoever is responsibe for this travesty gets fired immediately

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lmbo more like SHEETY JORTS.

CRAPPLE, AM I RITE?????? :xd:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
framer crack-rear end nails it once again

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Smythe posted:

you have plenty of problems: fail aids, loser disease, and a massive case of genetic fucktardation.

sincerely,
smythe

i hear that these conditions can be cured with an all-fruit diet and yogurt enemas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and mainlining pharmaceutical grade memes

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i'm sorry but until they find a body there is not enough evidence to charge anyone

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

sincerely,
smythe

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

SO DEMANDING posted:

i hear that these conditions can be cured with an all-fruit diet and yogurt enemas

i got a yogurt enema for ya right here

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He's under my desk right now. Thank you Steve.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

looks fine to me op

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

THC posted:

looks fine to me op

yup, it switches to fixed width if you check the box to display time in seconds! those loving lazy hacks!!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
but you'll be happy to know that i submitted a bug report to apple and they marked it a duplicate of a known issue, so at least they know they are lazy hacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

good, because that is some lazy bullshit

• Locked thread