Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

I'm never sure with things like this if I want them to be real or if I want them to be fake. If it's real, it's loving horrible that people like that existed and had children. If it's fake, what the gently caress is wrong with someone that they'd make something like that up for attention as (presumably) an adult?
i'd imagine most of the stories are real right up until the point where the storyteller totally burns someone, i've met all sorts of people who only turn out to be wackadoos if you spend a lot of time with 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

ArbitraryC posted:

Except the previous generations didn't have the internet. There are measurable increases in all sorts of mental issues in modern times, most relating to people's ability to shut up and be productive for a time period, my only suggestion is that the internet is partly responsible for this. It's not a "kids these days" argument it's about the environment that they're raised in.

god let this be true, let me be competitive at my job for longer than I have the right to

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I personally think rock and roll is the scourge of youth these days.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I personally think rock and roll is the scourge of youth these days.
tbf the internet straight up feeds narcissism sometimes, it's not just a boogeyman. just look at the cult of star citizen, some of these nerdlings understand absolutely nothing

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I saw a youth with a foul mouth and ripped jeans this morning, now I am at home posting SMH in the comments of my local newspaper.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

dad gay. so what posted:

i wish there was a way i could communicate to you to "SUCK MY drat BALLS, OP" without being kind of a "dick" about it. so just like, whatevs. OK?

love that avatar

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lol yeah let me read all those words op

NOT!!!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
This is a gay rear end thread

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lolie posted:

It's a different kind of messed up. You've got a generation of young people who've grown up with the idea that everyone is special and feels are more important than anything else and technology allows them to avoid being confronted by anything even slightly at odds with their own world view. You don't learn coping skills and distress tolerance by being cocooned from discomfort.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

I'm the article about childhood cognitive development that only sources hand-wringing moral panic opinion pieces

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

Lol yeah let me read all those words op

NOT!!!

haha got him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Bored posted:

Is this written by a 14 y.o. boy? Is there a language where tampons are called diapers? I don't think this is real.

It could also be written by a micro-aggression sensitive SJW who exaggerated maxi pads to be Adult Diapers because she's sick of feeling ashamed of her periods!

• Locked thread